Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: The cheapest case break you've (likely) ever seen!
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Football > Football Group Box Break Marketplace
Pages: 1, 2, 3
WestCoastSkinsFan
One of the stranger breaks I've ever been a part of! Pictures coming up shortly. I'm going to go work on them now.
WestCoastSkinsFan
The goods!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
WestCoastSkinsFan
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And then, the insanity of...

user posted image
SIX FREAKING REGGIE MCNEAL AUTOS. This is only numbered to 299, so we just pulled roughly 1/50th of the full print run.
WestCoastSkinsFan
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
WestCoastSkinsFan
We also did get two redemptions for Kellen Clemens and Leon Washington, and then these two biggies...

user posted image

user posted image
sahetu
Was a fun break. smile.gif Thanks Sam!
MWS
Thanks Sam that was Fun/Funny break.
batman1641
Thanks for the break. I wish my ustram account would hve worked so I could have taked to you all. And yes Brian I hate Joey!!!!!!!!!!!!
northicehero99
Thanks for the break.
WestCoastSkinsFan
Thanks for joining me, everyone. Packages shipped out this weekend, so keep an eye out. They should be arriving shortly.

Any thoughts on other inexpensive cases that people might like to break down the road?
northicehero99
QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ Mar 18 2013, 07:27 PM)
Any thoughts on other inexpensive cases that people might like to break down the road?

What else is out there with a bunch of hits for a real cheap price per case?
Boston5761
what about 2007 Donruss Elite football?
WestCoastSkinsFan
QUOTE(Boston5761 @ Mar 18 2013, 09:25 PM)
what about 2007 Donruss Elite football?

That'd be a bit rich for this type of break, at least for me. That's over 3 times the cost.
Boston5761
QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ Mar 19 2013, 12:23 AM)
That'd be a bit rich for this type of break, at least for me. That's over 3 times the cost.

Suppose that I was looking at a half case then lol.
sahetu
http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2817

2009 UD Philadelphia 14 box case for about $500. I know it's more than this case, but it's also 14 boxes.

1 auto, 2 relics per box and the auto checklist isn't bad at all.
Each case will have 2-3 buybacks (which is just cool all on it's own), a Chicle auto, and a 5x7 auto. Short prints galore. Yes, there are non-sport subsets, but they can be randomed or equally distributed if people want them (or, you could even sell a spot for just the non-sport subsets). Rookie class isn't terrible.

Take a look at the checklist. Big name auto possibilities.
WestCoastSkinsFan
QUOTE(sahetu @ Mar 18 2013, 11:26 PM)
http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=2817

2009 UD Philadelphia 14 box case for about $500. I know it's more than this case, but it's also 14 boxes.

1 auto, 2 relics per box and the auto checklist isn't bad at all.
Each case will have 2-3 buybacks (which is just cool all on it's own), a Chicle auto, and a 5x7 auto. Short prints galore. Yes, there are non-sport subsets, but they can be randomed or equally distributed if people want them (or, you could even sell a spot for just the non-sport subsets). Rookie class isn't terrible.

Take a look at the checklist. Big name auto possibilities.

That's more my speed. Good idea!
sahetu
Yeah, I like sets like this... And I think the autos are on card, too, which is great.
northicehero99
QUOTE(sahetu @ Mar 19 2013, 09:59 AM)
Yeah, I like sets like this... And I think the autos are on card, too, which is great.

I was not thrilled with the hits from my box I opened of this, but I did like the base product and was messing with the set. There are way too many sps between the rookies and the odds subsets to build it out of a few boxes.

I would be interested, just wondering how much interest you will get as you will need roughly an average of $16-17 per 32 team format to get to a goal of $500 and there are only 42 "on average" hits to be expected or 1.3 per team if every team were to receive a hit. I liked the 06 HP just because of the odds of getting a hit was good no matter what team you picked, even if a good bit of the hits were not worth much.

sahetu
If it goes by bid, I can see some teams going for $5 and some going for $50 (it's a gamble that the AP, Mannings, et al auto hits, however). I think we'd have to break down the checklist and see what teams have more hits, which teams don't (and in that case, perhaps merge team spots for those). I would almost be interested in just a non-sports slot to build those subsets.
Boston5761
QUOTE(Boston5761 @ Mar 19 2013, 12:46 AM)

I like the 2011 Upper Deck Sweet Spot for $455.

36 auto's per case!
WestCoastSkinsFan
I didn't even realize that we'd need a non-sport slot for Philly. Forgot about all of those SPs.

Not a big fan of Sweet Spot from that year, by the way. A lot of damaged cards right out of the box and the quality of the cards in general was sub-par

I like Philly more, but I think there were a decent number of redemptions in that set, and if so, we're out of the range of having those redeemed.

Regardless, I don't think this will be something I do right away. At least a few months down the road so I can recover, and my wife can forgive me for breaking 15+ boxes in 3 days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.