Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Flashback
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Box Breaks
41butch
1st day of hockey great. My teams performance ugly.
Disappointed hell yes. So, I decided to go to the PC of unopened old boxes and have some fun.
98-99 Bowmans Best
24 packs 6 cards per pack = 144 cards I got 144
Almost as disappointing as the Red Wings until the last pack.
Got 36 duplicates some triplicates. And 18 cards short of complete set.
That stinks. 3 packs left big pile of dups open one all dups, open the next one all dups even a duplicate insert,almost decided not to open the last pack was just going to throw it back on the shelf. Glad I did not. It was all dups but Gretzky, and Modano dups I can live with and a Hejduk RC was good but the Hasek Auto quickly made the break fun,and worthwhile.
Here is my breakdown

Base 1-100 82 cards
Short Print 101-150 12 Hejduk RC the key
Refractors 2 Osgood and Nieuwendyk
Fushion 2 Jagr/Parrish and Leetch/Markov
Best Performers 2 Elias and Marleau
Bowmans Best 5 Hasek,Brodeur,Lidstrom, Kariya x2
Autos (hardsigned) Dominic Hasek

Will trade to complete the base set.
Post to follow later.
northicehero99
Not a great break but nice hit on the Hasek auto.

I remember busting that back in the day. I have that set in a binder somewhere as I really like it, but I did not remember it was a 150 card set. I will have to see what I have and whether I ever completed it. laugh.gif I think I may have some dupes in a monster box, but they are buried at the very back of a storage room. Going to get near some of that stuff later this spring to get rid of it as taking up space so pm me your list and if I come across them will send your way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.