Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: What are you currently thinking Thread!
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Everything Else
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
redwing40
Like the title says, What are you currently thinking? Figure I. could start this up to get members chatting, please keep it clean! wink.gif

I'll start this off....

Eating a turkey sandwich again for lunch, anyone want to trade smile.gif
northicehero99
Thinking where do I go in this hobby? Too much "stuff" taking up too much space that I never look at, so do I dump it and take a loss, sell it piecemeal, or what? I still want to collect certain things and keep certain things, but well I am just realizing I have too much, some of which I would like to keep, some which I think I have no attachment to. So what do I do?
captkirk42
?Wha? You trying to turn TCC into Facebook? unsure.gif

@Brian you could start your condensing by handing over all your Capitals, Orioles and Nationals (Wash. Senators) over to me. wink.gif cool.gif

I hate seeing the word "dump" or "trash" associated with trading cards. If they are to be doomed to someplace other than a collectors hands I say bury them in a recycling bin. They are cardboard so then maybe they will be recycled as a McDonald's burger box. laugh.gif
redwing40
@Brian-Feel the same way sometimes, but figure I might need to build a house with them some day, but really all my stuff will be handed down to my kids

@Kirk- FB? Lol, that would mean we would have over a million member's!

Home bound in a hour, long day at work posting here on TCC
Krusin
Trying to see into the future to Wend. night to assertain the winning Lotto numbers.

Could you imagine 500 Mill, I'd go the 20 year route to insure a big paycheck every year & to keep the Gov. from getting half right off the bat.

Wish I had a crystal ball
19th Century Indiana Jones
It's snowing here and I want to go out there before it ends 2 hours from now. sad.gif
captkirk42
QUOTE(Krusin @ Nov 27 2012, 03:26 PM)
Trying to see into the future to Wend. night to assertain the winning Lotto numbers.

Could you imagine 500 Mill, I'd go the 20 year route to insure a big paycheck every year & to keep the Gov. from getting half right off the bat.

Yep the yearly installments are the way to go. Sure there is still tons of tax on it, but at least it isn't 1/2 right off the bat, and you actually end up getting less if you take the one lump sum. Also 500 Mil spread out over 20 years is a little harder to spend all at once.

Of course with winning the lottery you automatically gain about 50 million cousins and lost relatives you didn't know you had the night before the drawing. biggrin.gif
redwing40

Got my one ticket! cool.gif

@ Rob-No snow here, just a full moon and cold air! blink.gif

I did not know Suh from the Lions was a kicker? laugh.gif
edgerrin32
WOW. I am thinking of a lot.

Selling off stuff I don't want.

Kids.

Where my next sick Edgerrin edition is going to come from and what it will be.

I might go back to driving a Taxi.

COMC.com sales sounded like a good deal, but I don't think they were and the site messing up, and not being able to send offers on cards that were on sale. Just made me get excited for nothing and then got me mad.

Needed to come up with some money to go on vacation. BAD!! I am wayyyy over due for one, only like 10+ years since I went on one, and im only 27 lol.

Need a new set of wheels.

Wanting the stuff I have listed on ebay to sell.

Want more Legos to sell.

Some personal stuff. Well a lot of personal stuff, not really some!

Christmas coming up and trying to finish that up.

Needed to go out for some drinks for a night but cant. (not a big drinker, just want to go shoot some pool and have a couple).

Got a bunch of projects I need to get done.

Have some things I need to buy (other then cards), but a little strapped on cash. Got money but just not enough to get everything I need.

Sad Jersey Shore is ending!

Wondering what my next big move in life will be. Which way am I going to go.

Family and friends.

Yea a lot.... lol Just trying to knock a thing off my list here and there. But there is so much. It like every time I knock something off my list, 2 more things get up on it. So yea thats what im thinking.
captkirk42
@Jason,
Wow that is a LOT of stuff. Your list reminds me I need to add a bunch of stuff onto Ebay (not just cards). It don't get sold by itself just sitting around in boxes or in a closet.

RE: New set of wheels. I should probably think about that as well. I've got a 2002 Ford Focus and 10 year old cars don't last very much longer. In some ways I'm surprised it has lasted this long.
redwing40
Thinking of trading my Pavel Datsyuk YG for a few nice Wings Auto's
edgerrin32
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Nov 28 2012, 09:32 AM)
@Jason,
Wow that is a LOT of stuff. Your list reminds me I need to add a bunch of stuff onto Ebay (not just cards). It don't get sold by itself just sitting around in boxes or in a closet.

RE:  New set of wheels. I should probably think about that as well. I've got a 2002 Ford Focus and 10 year old cars don't last very much longer. In some ways I'm surprised it has lasted this long.

Yea I still have a bunch more to get put up on there, but it takes a lot of time to list it all. lol

Wheels. Yea our transmission just went out. Ours is a 2003 neon. Junk car to begin with. Plus when we bought it we didn't know but it used to be a delivery car for a local pharmacy! Yea stop and go, on and off all day long. We found out like a year after we had it. rolleyes.gif But this will be the 3rd tranny we put in in about the 6 or so years we have had it. Plus we just got 2 new tires put on it the day before the tranny went out lol. And about a month before that we had to replace the control shift mod thing. So you fix it and something else goes out right after lol. I miss my Lincoln town car. It was a beast, but it ran and I fit in it very comfortable. laugh.gif Im only like 6'4 so my knees are not all jammed in the dash board or anything. blink.gif
aceecards
I miss hockey. gonna be a long winter
aceecards

players numbers.

a hockey team starting lineup usually fits right in! lol

I usually go my favorite sports #'s

16 montana
19 unitas
23 sandberg/jordan
44 aaron
51 Unit/butkus

Powerball
3 Ruth, montana college # and countless others
redwing40
QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 28 2012, 07:29 PM)
I miss hockey. gonna be a long winter

I second that Steve sad.gif
captkirk42
What is this Hoe-ah-Key you speak of? Is it a new sport for 2013? tongue.gif tongue.gif
redwing40
So much for the power ball, back to work I guess. sad.gif

$30k fine for Suh for that kick, good! Drives like a idiot also, shame on him sad.gif
redwing40
Walking Dead tonight!!! smile.gif
captkirk42
Hoping the Skins beat the G-Men tonight on MNF but probably won't. sad.gif
redwing40
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Dec 3 2012, 08:19 PM)
Hoping the Skins beat the G-Men tonight on MNF but probably won't.  sad.gif

If they play the Lions soon, at least you know you have a win coming your way laugh.gif
Zimbow
Thinking about the 12 hour shift I volunteered for this coming Sunday, the 14th,25th & 27th. Should just know when to shut my mouth.
redwing40
Finally made a account at UPS.com, no more filling out Customs forms at the PO!

lamo.gif
historian1974
Finding a new job.
redwing40
Note to self, Get all my RCs Graded next year, well some!
captkirk42
Gotta Blog more and keep up with having stuff in my blog's posting queue.
19th Century Indiana Jones
I shouldn't have had the chili for lunch.....
ffman
It's snowing outside! Not much - only a few flurries mixed in with rain (no accumulation), but: I LOVE SNOW!
redwing40
After a year and a half, finally getting some OT at work, used to be every Saturday, Military work picking up smile.gif build them tanks!

tank.gif usaflag.gif
Zimbow
Christmas needs to hurry up and pass. Tired of looking at websites for things for my family and fiance.
redwing40
As much as I needed OT, just remembered how much I hated it! Half hour to go. smile.gif
captkirk42
QUOTE(redwing40 @ Dec 15 2012, 03:09 PM)
As much as I needed OT, just remembered how much I hated it! Half hour to go. smile.gif

Sorry to hear that the OT demons came back. ON the good hand that means extra $$ Right? Or are you on Salary and $OT don't mean jack?
captkirk42
Yesterday and today I got a ton of things yesterday I got a package with a ton of Mascot stuff from some guy who had read my Blogger blogspot blog out of the blue emailed me (about a week ago) and offered to send me some mascot stuff for free asked nothing in return, just cleaning out his Mascot Collection Binder of dupes. Well there were some cards, postcards a couple of 8x10s (or 8x11.5) a paperback kids book some of them signed by the mascot a couple of them personalized to him (David). Mascots of each sport Baseball, Football, Hockey and Basketball some professional some minor league and some College.

Then today I got some of my Ebay and sportlots stuff including a random 70some card lot of Orioles cards from 1980s on up to current.
redwing40
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Dec 15 2012, 04:46 PM)
Sorry to hear that the OT demons came back. ON the good hand that means extra $$ Right? Or are you on Salary and $OT don't mean jack?

laugh.gif Salary, no! Time and a half is more the ticket, But I'll take it! biggrin.gif

Man, Still no Hockey!!!! sad.gif
redwing40
Don't you just love Mondays? laugh.gif

The PO was almost out the door today, had to walk away with 4 packages not going out, try again tomorrow, or try another PO! blink.gif

Almost done Christmas shopping, got to pick up two more gift's, which will be for me, funny how everyone in my family knows I collect Hockey cards, but always wonders what I want for Christmas! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif
redwing40
Ok, the wife got me a new hammer, a box of new nails, and a Level, what is she up too?

Dearborn Ham for Christmas Eve, taste even better with eggs and toast!
redwing40
Ok, the wife got me a new hammer, a box of new nails, and a Level, what is she up too?

Dearborn Ham for Christmas Eve, taste even better with eggs and toast!
redwing40
Bidding on a card on Ebay, I have the lead so far, wish me luck!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smith-Brendan-UD-C...5-/130826140367
redwing40
Bidding on a card on Ebay, I have the lead so far, wish me luck! first time doing this!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smith-Brendan-UD-C...5-/130826140367
redwing40
Having Hockey group box break withdraws
captkirk42
QUOTE(redwing40 @ Jan 2 2013, 01:42 PM)
Having Hockey group box break withdraws

Ditto. I used to have Hockey withdraw but I think that has ended now. Yeah it has been a while since some Capitals cards skated into my mailbox.
redwing40
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Jan 2 2013, 03:00 PM)
Ditto. I used to have Hockey withdraw but I think that has ended now. Yeah it has been a while since some Capitals cards skated into my mailbox.

Not sure if Bill will start his up with no host at the moment, I think I can host one, my paypal is back working, and my account ready at DA, cam working, and Ustream and Blog ready! wink.gif
northicehero99
QUOTE(redwing40 @ Jan 2 2013, 06:50 PM)
Not sure if Bill will start his up with no host at the moment, I think I can host one, my paypal is back working, and my account ready at DA, cam working, and Ustream and Blog ready!  wink.gif

Do you want to host January for Bill's group? I am not sure what he wants to do, but I think that would be OK. He is going to be real busy with school soon.
redwing40
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Jan 3 2013, 12:12 PM)
Do you want to host January for Bill's group?  I am not sure what he wants to do, but I think that would be OK.  He is going to be real busy with school soon.

I would be honored to host one, shoot bill a pm on it, fill me in on the details smile.gif
chopinalex
I am thinking that I have not been in the hobby for the last 3 or 4 years too much. I have about a drop of interest and wondering if I should use it to see if it dissappears and generates more interest...
Gforce083
what chopinalex is wearing.
chopinalex
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Jan 9 2013, 11:37 PM)
what chopinalex is wearing.

give me your number and ill instragram you a picture..
Gforce083
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Jan 10 2013, 12:47 AM)
give me your number and ill instragram you a picture..

615-238-2005
redwing40
I have 20 more years of working till retirement sad.gif
captkirk42
QUOTE(redwing40 @ Jan 10 2013, 12:06 PM)
I have 20 more years of working till retirement sad.gif

I don't think I'll ever be ABLE to retire. blink.gif
Gforce083
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Jan 10 2013, 03:57 PM)
I don't think I'll ever be ABLE to retire. blink.gif

I'm with ya. Hard enough paying my self employment taxes cause somebody got to pay for them 15 kids!!! (hoping you've seen the video).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.