Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Case buying? Yes or NO ?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
shaqcollector
OK, so I just had a thought and was needing other opinions on it. So I Have always wanted to pull the trigger and buy a case of Allen and Ginter. HOWEVER, I can not afford an entire case by myself. (Uncle sam is kind of a Cheap-O), so What I was thinking of Doing is trying to find 3 Other people Besides myself to go in on a case. A case is 1015.00 Divide that by 4 and you get 253.75. So now each person has a Much better shot at the case hit Rather than buying box after box on the Internet... Is this a good idea? and how hard would it be to find 3 other people that wanted to do this? Any thoughts?

Scott
northicehero99
That is probably not a bad idea if you can find 3 other people that want to do that. I did something similar for a box of high-end hockey a few years ago and split it with a friend. The only bad thing was he did not do as well as I did, but it was fun for both of us to open something we wouldn't have normally opened.
jwman92
If you want to break a case for the fun of it, Ginter is a good way to go. If you want to make your money back, Bowman Chrome rules.
5toosweet
Sounds like a great idea. If I had the funds I would definitely join in.
osufan2383
Personally I would do a hockey product like rookie anthology or SP Authentic. I think hockey has better return in the market this year with guys like Haglin, RNH, Landeskog, and Couturier and then some of the smaller rookies are still get 10-30
northicehero99
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Aug 10 2012, 06:19 PM)
Personally I would do a hockey product like rookie anthology or SP Authentic. I think hockey has better return in the market this year with guys like Haglin, RNH, Landeskog, and Couturier and then some of the smaller rookies are still get 10-30

I would not recommend Rookie Anthology, most of what I saw was a bunch of low end rcs, at least in the breaks I saw. I would say Titanium as the rcs and rc parallels in it are doing well since they are numbered to the players jersey number or draft position. SPA seemed to be a better value in hockey this year as well.

That being said, I think the poster is interested in A&G as he is supercollecting the product.
osufan2383
Maybe because of how I did but I loved Anthology 5 hits per box and every box had a dual jersey auto yeah some of them were low end rookies but you had Foligno, Haglin, and some other decent rookies floating around in the product.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.