Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Boxbreakers July High End #1 Group Break
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Box Breaks > Group Box Breaks
Pages: 1, 2
crpalmi
Welcome back to the High End Group Break as we continue our 5th year together! I have the proposed product list below. Let me know as soon as possible if you are dropping or changing teams so I can keep the list accurate. Note also that if you are interested in joining but your team shows as claimed just let me know as we may have an opening in our "High End 2" group for you!

Just a note about the draft slots, I budgeted for one less slot than we need so after the list is randomized and we run through the draft, the person with the last slot in the draft will be awarded the last remaining TWO teams. This will hopefully eliminate the downside of getting stuck with the worst team in the draft. These picks are offered on a first come first serve basis to members of the group. You can buy one draft slot per owned team but if you would like more just let me know and I'll add you to the list if slots are available at the end. If we fail to sell all the slots needed to participants of the group I will have to offer them to folks outside of the break, but this is as a last resort only.

Cost: $115 ($112 for each additional) Draft Slots: $45
Payment Due Date: July 21st
Break Date: Sunday at 9:30pm(ct)

Please remember Paypal will no longer be accepted. Please send Money Order or cashiers check to;
Chris Palmieri
1549 Sussex Place
Shakopee, MN 55379

Product list:
2011 Five Star Case (3 Boxes)
2010 Limited Case (15 Boxes)
2009 Exquisite Box

Participant List:

49ers - KPit1978 --------------------- PAID
Bears - BajMurray
Bengals - KPit1978 ------------------- PAID
Bills - Quik59sat
Broncos - 11Eleven11 ---------------- PAID
Browns - 11Eleven11 ----------------- PAID
Buccaneers - Hayspook
Cardinals - KPit1978
Chargers - Trodsports
Chiefs - JoelWil ------------------------ PAID
Colts - Crpalmi ------------------------- PAID
Cowboys - Joba62x ------------------- PAID
Dolphins - 11Eleven11 ----------------- PAID
Eagles - KPit1978
Falcons - Crpalmi
Giants - Hayspook
Jaguars - BobKoning ------------------ PAID
Jets - BobKoning ---------------------- PAID
Lions - KPit1978 ----------------------- PAID
Packers - Quik59sat ------------------- PAID
Panthers - KPit1978 ------------------- PAID
Patriots - BobKoning ------------------ PAID
Raiders - Hayspook
Rams - Cardman123 ------------------ PAID
Ravens - Cardman123
Redskins - BobKoning ----------------- PAID
Saints - Tyrodsports ------------------ PAID
Seahawks - KPit1978
Steelers - Hayspook
Texans - Cardman123
Titans - Deantap --------------------- PAID
Vikings - KPit1978 -------------------- PAID

Draft Slots for Unclaimed Teams;
Cardman123 ---- PD
Quik59sat
Tyrodsports ---- PD
Hayspook ------ PD
Hayspook ------ PD
Hayspook ------ PD
Hayspook ----- PD
KPit1978 ----- PD
KPit1978 ----- PD
Cardman123 - PD
BajMurray --- PD
Crpalmi ------ PD
kpit1978
In.
tyrodsports
If I can play, I will take the saints
Cardman123
In with the Rams.
11eleven11
payment sent (last week) tongue.gif
crpalmi
QUOTE(tyrodsports @ Jul 15 2012, 09:20 PM)
If I can play, I will take the saints

You're in!
crpalmi
I just added this to the original post;

Just a note about the draft slots, I budgeted for one less slot than we need so after the list is randomized and we run through the draft, the person with the last slot in the draft will be awarded the last remaining TWO teams. This will hopefully eliminate the downside of getting stuck with the worst team in the draft. These picks are offered on a first come first serve basis to members of the group. You can buy one draft slot per owned team but if you would like more just let me know and I'll add you to the list if slots are available at the end. If we fail to sell all the slots needed to participants of the group I will have to offer them to folks outside of the break, but this is as a last resort only.
Cardman123
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jul 16 2012, 07:24 AM)
I just added this to the original post;

How much are draft slots? Are they still $45? If so, put me down for one draft slot. Thanks...
quik59sat
I'll take a draft slot. Payment will be mailed out either today or tomorrow.
crpalmi
QUOTE(Cardman123 @ Jul 16 2012, 10:39 AM)
How much are draft slots?  Are they still $45? If so, put me down for one draft slot.  Thanks...

Sorry, yes they are still $45. I updated the post and added you and BK with draft slots.
tyrodsports
I would like a draft slot
deantap
TITANS CONFIRMED!
BOBKONING
Payment sent for HE1, HE2 & HB1. Please make sure my math was correct this time. Thanks Chris!
kpit1978
DA is showing a release date of Aug. 15 for '11 Exquisite...which probably means sometime in Nov. based on previous experience with UD. blink.gif
Cardman123
Payment sent. Arrival in 5 business days.
Joba62x
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jul 20 2012, 10:38 AM)
No, I was able to find 2 so we're set there. That 2nd box in that one could be on the chooping block if we can't meet our budget so I'll keep an eye on that as we may end up just sliding that box over to this break if it's not used in the High End.

If those are probably the last NT06 we will see can we drop part of the limited instead of the NT.I know I've stated that open case's should not be used in this break but I think this is a special 1 off, I would rather keep the high end and drop the filler product.

The limited could be used as filler next month
kpit1978
QUOTE(Joba62x @ Jul 20 2012, 06:35 PM)
If those are probably the last NT06 we will see can we drop part of the limited instead of the NT.I know I've stated that open case's should not be used in this break but I think this is a special 1 off, I would rather keep the high end and drop the filler product.

Great idea! biggrin.gif
crpalmi
QUOTE(Joba62x @ Jul 20 2012, 04:35 PM)

My shipment of NT arrived and they only had one box to send and they refunded the rest so we're back down to just one box in-hand. Check your local stores to see if anyone has it as I'm coming up empty except a couple way overpriced ones on eBay that aren't taking offers. Need some ideas for a replacement... We could go with 09NT but could only get one box along with a small filler, or we could go with 09 Exquisite and possibly get 2 boxes in? I only suggest 09 because we already have cases of 10 and 11. We can go with a few boxes of 12 Momentum if that releases on schedule as well.

Need some thoughts...
kpit1978
I don't envy you having to come up with a product list every month as alot of the staples of the group have either dried up or look to be way over priced.
I'd much rather see '09 Exq. even with the possibility of the dreaded expired redemption than wait on Momentum which looks to be just another run of the mill product coming out of Panini.
Joba62x
Either 09 option is fine

po10sho
Just seeing if you got my payment for the high end 2 gb thanks
crpalmi
QUOTE(po10sho @ Jul 21 2012, 05:32 PM)
Just seeing if you got my payment for the high end 2 gb thanks

I did, thanks Kyle. I updated the Boxbreakers site and the other thread.
Cardman123
I can't endorse going with any Upper Deck product that includes expired redemptions because they don't care and won't do anything for you. For that reason, I would prefer 09NT.
crpalmi
Just a quick heads up that the Falcons and Vikings both came open in our High End #2 break. Product list is;

2012 Inception Case
2011 Limited Case
2010 Plates & Patches Case
crpalmi
Hey guys, we are less than a week away so I need to start finalizing the lineup. With fewer than planned teams claimed and quite a few draft slots left unpurchased I am having to pare down the product list by a few boxes. I am adding one box of 2009 Exquisite but then have to take out 3 boxes from the 2010 Limited case to get us to budget. That should allow us to break the rest with where we are. As for the draft slots, we currently have 13 unclaimed teams and only 7 draft slots sold. We will start the draft on Wednesday so if we cannot sell any more the 7 lucky drafters will get to pick among the 13 unclaimed teams! It's a sure bet to get a good team for only $45! You can still join us whether you are in the break already or not! After the draft any hits, rookies, or cards of note that we pull from any of the unclaimed teams will be randomized among all the full paid slot participants (sorry, the drafted teams won't get you in those randomizations). Join us while you can!

By the way if we sell more draft slots we will add back in more Limited boxes from the case.
Cardman123
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jul 22 2012, 01:26 PM)
Hey guys, we are less than a week away so I need to start finalizing the lineup. With fewer than planned teams claimed and quite a few draft slots left unpurchased I am having to pare down the product list by a few boxes. I am adding one box of 2009 Exquisite but then have to take out 3 boxes from the 2010 Limited case to get us to budget. That should allow us to break the rest with where we are. As for the draft slots, we currently have 13 unclaimed teams and only 7 draft slots sold. We will start the draft on Wednesday so if we cannot sell any more the 7 lucky drafters will get to pick among the 13 unclaimed teams! It's a sure bet to get a good team for only $45! You can still join us whether you are in the break already or not! After the draft any hits, rookies, or cards of note that we pull from any of the unclaimed teams will be randomized among all the full paid slot participants (sorry, the drafted teams won't get you in those randomizations). Join us while you can!

By the way if we sell more draft slots we will add back in more Limited boxes from the case.

I will take a second draft slot.
kpit1978
Payment sent for 2 draft spots.
Joba62x
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jul 22 2012, 03:26 PM)
I am adding one box of 2009 Exquisite but then have to take out 3 boxes from the 2010 Limited case to get us to budget.

I would only want to break up a sealed case for a special reason like the last ever box of 06NT.

No reason to include a box of EX09 no one really wants(except as last high end option).

kpit1978
QUOTE(Joba62x @ Jul 22 2012, 07:30 PM)
I would only want to break up a sealed case for a special reason like the last ever box of 06NT.

No reason to include a box of EX09 no one really wants(except as last high end option).

I still want it, although I'd much rather have the 06NT in the line-up. It's a big reason as to why I just bought a couple of draft spots. I wouldn't have bought them without the Exq. or 06NT in the break.
I would hope that Chris would keep the last few boxes of Limited as filler for next month's high-end so we still end up with the full case within this group.
crpalmi
QUOTE(Cardman123 @ Jul 22 2012, 04:24 PM)
I will take a second draft slot.

Thanks Joe. With KPit also taking 2 we are down to just 2 picks left (which allows the last pick of the draft to get the remaining 2 unclaimed teams). If we can sell those 2 slots we get to keep the full case of Limited!

Anybody...anybody...?
kpit1978
With '10 & '11 NT overpriced and '11 Exq. coming out looking pretty expensive I think we're going to have to get used to seeing Chris having to break up some of the cases. There's just not a lot for Chris to choose from right now and too many unclaimed teams to end up with two full high-end cases.
crpalmi
Hayspook picked up another 2 slots and I opened up my 2 slots to anyone else who wants them. If by Tuesday we haven't sold the last 2 then I'll take them and we will be full. That will allow us to keep the full case of Limited.

Still have 2 slots open if anyone is interested.
tyrodsports
I sent payment, hoped for the 06 stuff for the saints, there really is not any '10 saints for me to chase
bajmurray
If it helps you out, Chris, I'll take a draft spot.
crpalmi
QUOTE(tyrodsports @ Jul 22 2012, 08:20 PM)
I sent payment, hoped for the 06 stuff for the saints, there really is not any '10 saints for me to chase

I apologize Rod but we just couldn't locate any 06NT at all! If you need to drop out and reallocate the funds or get a refund just let me know.

Brian, I will go ahead and put you down for a draft slot if that's all right. Thanks for helping out!
tyrodsports
I will stay put and hope for some brees
crpalmi
QUOTE(tyrodsports @ Jul 22 2012, 08:55 PM)
I will stay put and hope for some brees

Karma...table for one!
Cardman123
Money sent for extra draft slot...arrival in 5 business days.
crpalmi
Ok folks, ready to start our draft of the unclaimed teams. Again, we have 12 slots for 13 teams so the final pick will automatically get the last 2 unclaimed teams. We can start the draft immediately!

On the clock: Tyrodsports
On deck: BajMurray

Draft Order:
1. Cardman123 - Ravens
2. Hayspook - Steelers
3. KPit1978 - Eagles
4. Hayspook - Raiders
5. Crpalmi - Falcons
6. Tyrodsports
7. BajMurray
8. Hayspook
9. Quik59sat
10. Cardman123
11. Hayspook
12. KPit1978

Available Teams:
Bears
Bills
Bucs
Cardinals
Chargers
Giants
Seahawks
Texans
Cardman123
Tough choice...quite a few good teams here.
Hoping for a nice Torrey Smith...I'll take the Ravens.
crpalmi
A few proxy picks bring us down the list a bit;

Hayspook takes the Steelers
KPit1978 takes the Eagles
Hayspook takes the Raiders
Crpalmi takes the Falcons

List above is updated and Tyrodsports is on the clock!
tyrodsports
Chargers
crpalmi
Updated list;

On the clock: Cardman123
On deck: Hayspook

Draft Order:
1. Cardman123 - Ravens
2. Hayspook - Steelers
3. KPit1978 - Eagles
4. Hayspook - Raiders
5. Crpalmi - Falcons
6. Tyrodsports - Chargers
7. BajMurray - Bears
8. Hayspook - Giants
9. Quik59sat - Bills
10. Cardman123
11. Hayspook
12. KPit1978

Available Teams:
Bucs
Cardinals
Seahawks
Texans
bajmurray
I will take the Bears.
crpalmi
Hayspook takes the Giants by proxy. List above is updated and Quik59sat is on the clock.
quik59sat
Bills please
crpalmi
List updated. Cardman123 is on the clock.
Cardman123
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jul 25 2012, 01:20 PM)
List updated. Cardman123 is on the clock.

Texans please.
crpalmi
Hayspook takes the Bucs by proxy which leaves the Cardinals and Seahawks awarded to the final pick of the draft by KPit1978. We are now set for the break. Details coming soon on break day!

Draft Order:
1. Cardman123 - Ravens
2. Hayspook - Steelers
3. KPit1978 - Eagles
4. Hayspook - Raiders
5. Crpalmi - Falcons
6. Tyrodsports - Chargers
7. BajMurray - Bears
8. Hayspook - Giants
9. Quik59sat - Bills
10. Cardman123 - Texans
11. Hayspook - Bucs
12. KPit1978 - Cardinals and Seahawks
crpalmi
Break schedule for this weekend is all set. Sorry guys but we'll need to do this Sunday so here is the full schedule:

Sunday: (all times CT)
Hobby #2 Break at 6pm
High End #2 Break at 7:15pm
Hobby #1 Break at 8:15pm
High End #1 Break at 9:15

Times are approximate as we have alot of videos to view but we'll do our best to stay on schedule. Good luck everyone!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.