Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Caught the Collecting Bug Again.
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
msw_sportscards
Busted 2 boxes of 2012 Archives tonight and I'm hooked. The worst thing is I don't know why. The resale value vs. the retail price point is horrible. This product is way overpriced, the SP checklist holds little value, the Fan-Favorite AUs are mediocre.......but I love it. I love the card designs. I love Topps 3D and cloth. I love '67 Stickers and Deckle Edge inserts. This is the first new set I have wanted to assemble in a long time. I'm not just talking the 200-card base set. I'm talking the master set. The whole ball of wax including all SPs and inserts. It's weird.
dodgerblue38501
This product has been hot because the designs appeal to a segment of collectors that were big time collectors in the 80s but have mostly left the hobby. This product has been bringing people back to the hobby like crazy. I agree the value isn't there for the most part but breaking these boxes are fun and that is what the hobby is really about rather than flipping your hits so you can buy a box of the next hot product just to flip some more overhyped RC Autos.
msw_sportscards
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Jun 16 2012, 09:04 PM)
This product has been hot because the designs appeal to a segment of collectors that were big time collectors in the 80s but have mostly left the hobby. This product has been bringing people back to the hobby like crazy. I agree the value isn't there for the most part but breaking these boxes are fun and that is what the hobby is really about rather than flipping your hits so you can buy a box of the next hot product just to flip some more overhyped RC Autos.

ABSOLUTELY! I LOVE IT! I also love the 5X7 Martin Kove AU and Topps Original Frank Robinson AU I pulled from my 2nd and 3rd boxes. Going to keep busting til I get all the SPs. Ton of fun! Still over-priced.....but in my opinion worth it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.