Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Original Ebay Tilte of The Day...
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Tarasadie17
Cracked me up... laugh.gif

eBay Auction (Item number: 280898780071)
braves4life1025
Hahahaha, never seen a funny one before. But that's hilarious
cbware88
How could you POSSIBLY pass on cards that are in "mont" condition laugh.gif
chopinalex
I was gonna say.probably from another country then I saw Ill.!!
aceecards
I think not that any would be resale. but Ill keep the sleeves on the ones that are!

peace out
aceecards
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Jun 12 2012, 09:40 PM)
I was gonna say.probably from another country then I saw Ill.!!

and that is not another planet how??
urbanmonk
Consistent poor spelling in their listings smile.gif as this one is a "grate lot":

linky

Never tried grating my cards, hmmm though guess a lot of folks have them grated wink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif....... oh wait that's graded never mind wink.gif
northicehero99
At least the title got your attention. However, now the seller needs to work on getting you to bid, once they have your attention. laugh.gif
captkirk42
He needs to use spell check (and get someone to grammar check). Plus really needs to lower prices they are ridiculous. Oh and he really needs to avoid claiming his serial numbered cards are 1 of X. I know he is saying it is one of just 25 of that particular card design, but lit sounds like they are Number 1 of X.

I think many of these mistakes are people being used to texting and not taking their time to see what they typed. Obviously many people don't check their listings for errors before posting.
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Jun 13 2012, 05:20 AM)
I think many of these mistakes are people being used to texting and not taking their time to see what they typed. Obviously many people don't check their listings for errors before posting.

Honestly, I think this just might be a case of the seller being clueless. I know, that sounds harsh. But, I purchased an autographed Sammy Sosa card from him recently and it was shipped to me in a plain white envelope, no penny sleeve or anything. It was a miracle it was not damaged in transit.

My communications with him made me think I might not be dealing with an individual with a full set of skills here. While very polite, he couldn't spell to save his life and he seemed... well, as stated before, clueless.
captkirk42
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Jun 13 2012, 09:38 AM)
Honestly, I think this just might be a case of the seller being clueless. I know, that sounds harsh. But, I purchased an autographed Sammy Sosa card from him recently and it was shipped to me in a plain white envelope, no penny sleeve or anything. It was a miracle it was not damaged in transit.

My communications with him made me think I might not be dealing with an individual with a full set of skills here. While very polite, he couldn't spell to save his life and he seemed... well, as stated before, clueless.

I've mentioned it here before when I won a 1982 Cal Ripken Jr. RC (the 3 player one) for aprox. $12.00 delivered it arrived in a PWE granted it was only in one of those "cardsavers" the plastic sleeve thing that is like an ID badge holder, NOT a toploader and had no penny sleeve. I was also fortunate it wasn't damaged.

I've said it before those "saver" things are NOT good for shipping stuff in. They are OK for storing or showing off stuff in, but when shipping NO. Too many people (Ebay, sportlots) use only the cardsaver (w/no penny sleeve) and then TAPE the opening with regular tape, with no buffer between the card and the opening, not even a slip of paper to protect the card. I've had 2 or 3 cards damaged slightly by tape that way, fortunately not enough to be noticeable but it disturbs me. Each time I mentioned in the feedback "Watch the tape"

Yeah Clueless and sometimes clueless and just don't care.
northicehero99
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Jun 13 2012, 09:01 AM)
I've mentioned it here before when I won a 1982 Cal Ripken Jr. RC (the 3 player one) for aprox. $12.00 delivered it arrived in a PWE granted it was only in one of those "cardsavers" the plastic sleeve thing that is like an ID badge holder, NOT a toploader and had no penny sleeve. I was also fortunate it wasn't damaged.

I've said it before those "saver" things are NOT good for shipping stuff in. They are OK for storing or showing off stuff in, but when shipping NO. Too many people (Ebay, sportlots) use only the cardsaver (w/no penny sleeve) and then TAPE the opening with regular tape, with no buffer between the card and the opening, not even a slip of paper to protect the card. I've had 2 or 3 cards damaged slightly by tape that way, fortunately not enough to be noticeable but it disturbs me. Each time I mentioned in the feedback "Watch the tape"

Yeah Clueless and sometimes clueless and just don't care.

Those plastic cardsavers and PWEs have become more popular due to postage increases and ebay charging final value fees on shipping charges. Of course some of this is just from some sellers just being cheap, but I think some sellers are just trying to cut costs. Bubble mailers are now $1.95 to mail versus $0.45 in a PWE, and even toploaders have gone up in price, I used to be able to get a 25 pack for $1, now you pay at least $2 if you can find them that cheap. I hate these new shipping practices, but I can see why some people do it.
urbanmonk
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Jun 13 2012, 09:09 AM)
Those plastic cardsavers and PWEs have become more popular due to postage increases and ebay charging final value fees on shipping charges.  Of course some of this is just from some sellers just being cheap, but I think some sellers are just trying to cut costs.  Bubble mailers are now $1.95 to mail versus $0.45 in a PWE, and even toploaders have gone up in price, I used to be able to get a 25 pack for $1, now you pay at least $2 if you can find them that cheap.  I hate these new shipping practices, but I can see why some people do it.

True but I feel cheated when they charge me $3 for shipping and put it a PWE and slap a stamp on it even if they use a toploader as they still have less than a dollar invested in shipping with supplies even. But yeah those card savers are worthless, I just throw them away whenever I get any as they no use to me. Had a GU show up with a crease, it was in a toploader but was tossed into a PWE. Should have left them feedback, but didn't even want to deal with the hassle of paying my money to return something that was shipped stupidly and from a APO even. Folks that don't know cards shouldn't ship them (but that falls on me should have checked their feedback and found out they sold everything under the sun and very few cards).
ffman
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Jun 13 2012, 07:38 AM)

Sammy Sosa - autograph - PWE = does not compute.

It's amazing that it was not damaged, especially given no sleeve at the very least. Was the price good, at least?

Edit: He does have some nice cards for sale, however.

Edit #2: What's up with this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...cvip=true&rt=nc
ISLP55
Edit #2: What's up with this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...cvip=true&rt=nc

It Appears to be a "buy Back" auto, with the COA on the back. LOL, Really the guy/gal does not have a clue what they have...But IT has Mr. Pujols stats on it though! laugh.gif
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(cbware88 @ Jun 12 2012, 08:37 PM)
How could you POSSIBLY pass on cards that are in "mont" condition laugh.gif

They are "mont" because he put them in "sleaves" for protection. I had to check his location just to make sure he wasn't one of my "customers". laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.