Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Canada Mailing Cost to ship!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
redwing40
Well looks like the rate to ship to Canada for one card in a bubble mailer is $3,10. A dollar and thirty cents more to ship there?

Can we get Delivery Confirmation with that too please! Gee, and I have 4 missing in action packages that have just disappeared, taking up to 2 weeks for them to get there, I love my Canada trades but might stop doing them for the price of shipping and poor service.

Is it customs in Canada holding up the process? Even with customs form that says SPORTS CARDS, gee's!

Sorry for my rant, I say the USA and Canada should at least work together on a DC system! Cheaper to ride my boat to Windsor ON. Go to the PO there and Mail out, lol!
dualshock
I agree. Sometimes it could take a package weeks to arrive here in Vancouver. It usually just sits at customs for a long time. It's not like I live in a small town either. Oh well, that's where my patience gets a work out. wacko.gif
northicehero99
Not sure if the price increase is due to Canada or due to the USPS. They raised all the other prices, so I would imagine the USPS did these as well. As for customs, it is what it is with today's age of having to worry about terrorists. It does stink though, as does the US to US rate.
redwing40
QUOTE(dualshock @ May 2 2012, 04:55 PM)
I agree. Sometimes it could take a package weeks to arrive here in Vancouver.  It usually just sits at customs for a long time.  It's not like I live in a small town either.  Oh well, that's where my patience gets a work out.  wacko.gif

laugh.gif I hear ya on that one Dennis. I think they are making trades there with our card's! laugh.gif
dualshock
QUOTE(redwing40 @ May 2 2012, 01:07 PM)
laugh.gif I hear ya on that one Dennis. I think they are making trades there with our card's!  laugh.gif

They probably keep a huge box around labelled "TCC" on it covered in cobwebs. laugh.gif
redwing40
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ May 2 2012, 05:03 PM)
Not sure if the price increase is due to Canada or due to the USPS.  They raised all the other prices, so I would imagine the USPS did these as well.  As for customs, it is what it is with today's age of having to worry about terrorists.  It does stink though, as does the US to US rate.

Maybe cost on both party's, guess like the US gas prices, I will get some what used to it laugh.gif

Terrorist? Yeah, US NHL Hockey Teams! laugh.gif
redwing40
QUOTE(dualshock @ May 2 2012, 05:12 PM)
They probably keep a huge box around labelled "TCC" on it covered in cobwebs.  laugh.gif

laugh.gif
PSquared
The postal workers in Canada have been working without a union contract for over a year now. That's probably leading to the delays at customs and packages going M.I.A.
urbanmonk
You don't seem to have very good luck with it Paul (worse than the norm, as I have only had a few go MIA, but yeah they can take 3 weeks or more at times for no apparent reason). Personally I wouldn't ship money TTM anywhere outside of the US (and try to avoid it period), as anything that has to go thru customs it just increases the chance. And there is no economical way to track something, as shipping UPS is expensive and the USPS version is close to $15 I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.