Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 UD Football is Here !!!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
dodgerblue38501
2012 UD Football is live........at least in some areas. Let the Andrew Luck and RGIII frenzy begin. The first few nice autos to hit eBay of those two will fetch some $$$ for sure ! smile.gif These are the first true RCs for the 2012 draft class. Should be a fun ride!
sschind
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Apr 25 2012, 02:20 PM)
2012 UD Football is live........at least in some areas. Let the Andrew Luck and RGIII frenzy begin. The first few nice autos to hit eBay of those two will fetch some $$$ for sure ! smile.gif These are the first true RCs for the 2012 draft class. Should be a fun ride!

what do you mean first true rookie cards? Is it because sage and the other company (can't recall the name for some reason) don't have NFL contracts?
tilley72
QUOTE(sschind @ Apr 25 2012, 05:32 PM)
what do you mean first true rookie cards?  Is it because sage and the other company (can't recall the name for some reason) don't have NFL contracts?

Press Pass and Sage product lines are both considered collegiate cards as I believe they only have contracts with the NCAA or some organization that gives them the rights to college photography.
dodgerblue38501
Neither Sage or Press Pass is licensed by anyone, hence the lack of team logos. Even when those companies held an NCAA license, the cards were never considered true rookie cards throughout the hobby. UD has the exclusive NCAA license now and has had for a couple years. Both Panini and Topps hold an NFL license. If you are a fan of draft pick/college products, give the Leaf products a try. They are unlicensed as well but do a much better job with card design and quality over Press Pass and especially Sage.
sschind
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Apr 25 2012, 08:10 PM)
Neither Sage or Press Pass is licensed by anyone, hence the lack of team logos. Even when those companies held an NCAA license, the cards were never considered true rookie cards throughout the hobby. UD has the exclusive NCAA license now and has had for a couple years. Both Panini and Topps hold an NFL license. If you are a fan of draft pick/college products, give the Leaf products a try. They are unlicensed as well but do a much better job with card design and quality over Press Pass and especially Sage.

Thanks, when I was writing I new the word contract was not really right but I couldn't think of license (couldn't think of press pass either.) Anyway, I'm only interested in Packers uniform or Packers logo cards so none of the college cards interest me. I'll take a college uniform card if it comes out in a month or two and says "drafted by the Packers" or something along those lines but that's about it.
pwolantern
Does Junior Hemmingway (WR Michigan) have a card in this set?
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(pwolantern @ Apr 26 2012, 10:51 AM)
Does Junior Hemmingway (WR Michigan) have a card in this set?

Yes he does. I pulled one out of the boxes that I broke for singles.
ffman
Chad,

If you pull anything of Bobby Rainey (WKU running back) please put it aside for me. He has base, a parallel or two, and an autograph in UD.
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(ffman @ Apr 29 2012, 12:15 PM)
Chad,

If you pull anything of Bobby Rainey (WKU running back) please put it aside for me.  He has base, a parallel or two, and an autograph in UD.

Will do. I will go back and see if I pulled any out of the boxes I busted Friday. thumbsup.gif
ffman
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Apr 29 2012, 12:28 PM)
Will do. I will go back and see if I pulled any out of the boxes I busted Friday. thumbsup.gif

Much appreciated!
dodgerblue38501
QUOTE(ffman @ Apr 29 2012, 12:36 PM)
Much appreciated!

Just checked. No Bobby Rainey's. sad.gif I will keep an eye out for you though Cody.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.