Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Looking to pick up a box, need some advice.
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Bravesfan10
Well, it's been quite a while since I've done anything card related, but I've got some extra money and would love to pick up a baseball box. The problem is, I haven't been keeping up with any of the products that have come out over the last two years so I have no clue what is a solid product and what isn't. I was looking at either 2011 Allen & Ginter, or maybe even 2011 Prime Cuts, but I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks smile.gif
THUNDER9
A&G 2011 isn't a great break - so so hits at best, and be prepared for redemptions, redemptions, redemptions in any Topps box. Are you looking for a big hit or all around value? Topps Tribute looks like a fun break. Good luck. Where are you in Georgia? Who is your LCS?
Bravesfan10
QUOTE(THUNDER9 @ Apr 23 2012, 06:12 AM)
A&G 2011 isn't a great break - so so hits at best, and be prepared for redemptions, redemptions, redemptions in any Topps box.  Are you looking for a big hit or all around value? Topps Tribute looks like a fun break. Good luck. Where are you in Georgia? Who is your LCS?

I live in Gainesville. There used to be a shop here a few years ago, but now the closest one to me is On Deck Sports Cards in Lawrenceville. It was a nice place, but I haven't been down there in a couple of years so I hope it's still open.

As for the box, I'm leaning towards getting something with a chance at a big hit, hence my interest in something like Prime Cuts or Legendary Cuts. And I'll look into Tribute, thanks.
osufan2383
I think Topps Chrome or any of the Bowman would be good you probably can get a few boxes for a good price
Zimbow
Stay away from this year's Prime Cuts. Legendary cuts is hit/miss a lot. Tribute is nice for any chance at something decent. Museum Collection isn't too bad.
Gforce083
I have four boxes full of singles...ready to sell! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.