Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 8,000-12,000 card collection!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Gforce083
Hey all! I came across a fellow sound engineer in Nashville who has a well taken care of card collection just collecting dust (on the boxes only) and he'd like to unload it. I went over to his house this morning to take a first hand look at what he has.

I'll say from the start, a big part of this collection is the mid 80's to mid 90's garbage. You know, all those cards and sets that we were supposed to be able to retire on? laugh.gif However, he does have some pretty cool stuff, like Stadium Club Photo Proofs, a boxed Upper Deck Hologram set, completed Topps and Upper Deck sets.... and yeah, I know... ho-hum, let's move on. Some of it's cool stuff but doesn't hold too much value. Then there's the other part of the collection, now I can't say to anyone, GET EXCITED!!!, here's the hidden gem!.. or anything like that. The 40min I was able to spend looking at just a fraction of it all, I didn't come across anything that made my jaw drop or my heart beat out of my chest. But I also can't say, there's not anything in there that wouldn't. I simply don't know.

What I do know is that he does have boxes of 70's football and baseball and a little basketball. I don't know very much about the "vintage" stuff but most of it's in really good condition. No rubber bands were used in the storage of these cards! Even after taking a peak at it, I'm not sure what he's sitting on, nor does he. He was hoping I'd have a little insite. The best I could judge and based on the shear size of it, maybe he's looking at $800-$1200 as a bulk dropoff...I don't know.

I'm just wondering if there'd be any interest by anyone on this site.
user posted image
dodgerblue38501
I believe this may be the guy that e-mailed me. I plan on making arrangements in the next couple weeks to take a look at his stuff. Sounds like the value lies in the 70s stuff he has. My shop hours will be changing to a more manageable 9 am - 5 pm beginning in May. Then I will have a little more time on the weekends to do stuff. Just let him know that I plan on looking at his collection if nothing else to give him an estimate and find him a buyer.
ffman
I would enjoy just looking through all of that.
Gforce083
QUOTE(dodgerblue38501 @ Apr 19 2012, 11:15 AM)
I believe this may be the guy that e-mailed me. I plan on making arrangements in the next couple weeks to take a look at his stuff. Sounds like the value lies in the 70s stuff he has. My shop hours will be changing to a more manageable 9 am - 5 pm beginning in May. Then I will have a little more time on the weekends to do stuff. Just let him know that I plan on looking at his collection if nothing else to give him an estimate and find him a buyer.

Yes, this is that guy!
dodgerblue38501
I still haven't had the chance to contact the guy about his collection yet. I just have zero time during the week it seems. I still plan on contacting him within the next week or two. If he can sell everything and feels good about the price tell him to pull the trigger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.