Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Redemption mail after almost 3 years??
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
crpalmi
Thought of putting this in the "Mail Day" forum but I want to complain more than show off so I threw it here. Way back in June of 2009 (almost 3 years ago) I redeemed a 2008 National Treasures Chris Johnson RC Auto Patch #/5. Already one of the hottest rookies out there I was excited about the pull and eager to receive it in the mail. Of course we all know how troublesome redemptions can be so I was realistic that it may take a few months to receive it but after a year and a half I decided to ask for a replacement. Nothing happened. I followed up with 2 more requests in the redemption case file as well as 2 calls to Panini but still no replacement. I let it ride for another year before pushing it again a couple times for a replacement and again got nothing.

Then this morning, less than 2 months shy of waiting 3 years for this thing, it arrived at my doorstep unannounced. The file showed "closed" but no notification was sent out. So I opened it up and after 3 years of waiting I received the card I was waiting for...

with a sticker auto!!

Seriously, 3 years for a sticker auto that they could have slapped on there a week after receiving the request? Needless to say I followed up with them about not being to happy about the result and asking for a good will gesture to be sent my way. Not holding my breath but felt I needed to. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to get the card but it's not what I was expecting after all this time.

user posted image
urbanmonk
Losing track of time here, was that from before Panini took over Donruss? Were all of those sticker AUs or they just trying to clear up things from the past?
northicehero99
Chris I feel your pain, but at least they finally came through. Not sure why it takes that long to slap on a sticker auto, however, I will say that is his current auto, not his rookie auto. He started out signing more the CJ during 2009, then late in the year switched to the CJ so my guess is they finally got these from him?
dielonthug
Even though it took 3 years to get him to sign this sticker auto (which apparently he just signed), it is inexcusable for them to not send a replacement when you called to request it. Weak
ernieren
I read where the on card auto's got lost according to them. So they had to redo the cards and couldn't get a time set up for him to sign so they had stickers signed instead of the cards.
Cool_Hand_Flash
Great looking card though, congrats on finally getting it. I hope they send you something extra Chris smile.gif
osufan2383
In terms of CJ's auto. I did have a 2008 Topps Chrome that was similar to the one you have.
SFGiants
QUOTE(ernieren @ Apr 17 2012, 03:35 PM)
I read where the on card auto's got lost according to them. So they had to redo the cards and couldn't get a time set up for him to sign so they had stickers signed instead of the cards.

I wonder where they ended up?... But yeah that is bologna for a redemption to take 3 YEARS !

Jerad
aceecards
count your blessings.
beanschat
that seems odd that it would take them that long...considering a I pulled a Classics RC auto from him #/d to...499? I think. Apparently they had PLENTY of sticker autos of him at that time!
Krusin
Contract year, hold it till the season gets underway. I think he will have much better stats this comming season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.