Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Seriously?!?!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
chargersfan71
check this auction out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Peyton-Mannin...d#ht_1071wt_907

i laughed pretty hard tongue.gif tongue.gif

who would want that? hehe oh some people.......
pokerstar6
Actually he has upwards to $10 bids on other auctions for reprint magnets. I wouldn't want something like that, but to each their own.

Maybe some are being deceived by this sentence in the auctions:

"THIS IS A COPY FROM ORIGINAL WITH REAL SIGNATURE AND NO PIECE OF JERSEY (COPY). BACK OF THE MAGNET IS BLACK."

Maybe they think it's a real signature. Or, maybe they just want a really cool magnet beside their Aunt Jemima magnets smile.gif
Gforce083
Dang, I should do this for all my sweet J Camps before I sell everything. Too bad I shipped out the 1/1 auto yesterday biggrin.gif
pokerstar6
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Mar 27 2012, 03:52 PM)
Dang, I should do this for all my sweet J Camps before I sell everything. Too bad I shipped out the 1/1 auto yesterday biggrin.gif

A copy of a J Camp 1/1 auto magnet probably is going for at least tree fiddy dlvd these days. Your loss pepsi.gif
aceecards
so is it real or memorex..

description is written in such a way that it perceives toi be a real auto?! lol

Gforce083
QUOTE(pokerstar6 @ Mar 27 2012, 04:25 PM)
A copy of a J Camp 1/1 auto magnet probably is going for at least tree fiddy dlvd these days. Your loss  pepsi.gif

? The real thing sold for $45 yesterday
northicehero99
Someone did those with the 08-09 Masterpieces hockey as well as I have seen the Orr one before and was confused until I read it. Neat idea, but also confusing and should not be allowed to be listed the way it is.
pokerstar6
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Mar 28 2012, 01:40 AM)
? The real thing sold for $45 yesterday

It was meant in good humor, sorry smile.gif
sschind
I can't believe this isn't as illegal as all get out. Aren't these cards copyrighted? or does that only apply in the US?
chargersfan71
QUOTE(sschind @ Mar 29 2012, 05:22 AM)
I can't believe this isn't as illegal as all get out.  Aren't these cards copyrighted? or does that only apply in the US?

i thought they are copyrighted too......
Gforce083
QUOTE(sschind @ Mar 29 2012, 08:22 AM)
I can't believe this isn't as illegal as all get out.  Aren't these cards copyrighted? or does that only apply in the US?

Aren't music, movies, and photos copyrighted too? Did you know that legal copyright is obtained my merely creating/producing a tangible something? Say if I write a poem, it's copyrighted. The act of "registering" is not required to own your intellectual property. It's simply a means of further protection through the US and International governments (depending on where you file).

So yes, cards, their design, and the photos used on them are copyrighted. Copying the image and reproducing it, without permission, in order to sell and make profit or even just distribute, is a violation of copyright law. Same as copying a CD or DVD with the intent to profit or distribute.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.