Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: MLBPA, Others to Discuss New Card Release Problems
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Hobby Headlines
finestkind
Executives from Panini America and the Major League Baseball Players Association are among six industry leaders participating in a featured panel discussion at the 2012 Industry Summit Tuesday, March 20.

The key topic – “Maximizing New Release Opportunities’’ – will target opportunities for increased sales and marketing surrounding new trading cards releases, as well as the impact of missed delivery dates on all classes of trade.

The panel discussion will feature Martin Welling, Panini America’s VP/operations; Evan Kaplan, director of licensing and business development at MLBPA; Adam Martin, CEO, DA Card World; Larry Chrisco (Central Missouri Sports Cards), Lloyd Kee, VP, GTS Distribution; and Wayne Wagner (Wayne’s Sports Cards & Collectibles). The discussion will moderated by Daryl McKay (Sports Images).

For the rest of the story click here.
Sports Collectors Daily
3/9/2012
dielonthug
Id like to sit in on these meetings.
finestkind
I wonder if Topps will have anyone there.
northicehero99
QUOTE(dielonthug @ Mar 10 2012, 08:32 PM)
Id like to sit in on these meetings.

Me too. Why just Panini?
osufan2383
I am guessing because Panini may have a MLB license soon beyond the one they have now
Lew47
I can see the meeting now.

Topps : Please give Panini baseball rights!

MLB: Huh? You want competition?

Topps: Did you see Panini make football? Their products made our stuff look awesome.
finestkind
Anyone remember back in the old days, that Topps sued Fleer because they wanted to put gum in their packs. Fleer lost ! They tried marbles and even cookies in their packs. yucky.gif Topps thought It was all about the gum ! laugh.gif

Or, I'm I just showing my age ? cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.