Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Battle Royal Championship
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Contests and Giveaways
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
beanschat
Ladies and gentlemen....Trading Card Central and Beanschat Entertainment are proud to present....MARCH MAYHEM!! The return of TCC Fights! After a long lull, we will be running a 10 round match over the month of March. At stake is your pride and a small prize package from myself (don't expect any Manning Autos!)

I will be looking for up to 10 competitors....once the slots are filled, we will begin the match.

The match will consists of 10 rounds in which you must find cards that match the rounds requirements and submit them. Each round will be graded with the top vote getting 3 points, and 2nd and third getting 1 each! Votes will be tallied and the winner will have the highest total at the conclusion.

This will include a special over the top rope feature. If you fall 10 points behind the leader, you have been expelled from the ring, over the top rope!

You may submit your participation in this thread!

For those of you unfamiliar with this concept and unsure of whether you would have the firepower to particpate (first, it's all about fun), some categories we have used in the past include...

Best GU of a HOFer
favorite card of a guy with sideburns
best card from a player with the same birthday
Complete a trade the fastest
Most illegible auto

Let's get ready to rumble!!

Challenge #1!

Your "best" card of a current "major league" manager from his or her playing days. By "major league" I mean head coach at the highest level of that sport. No minor league, no arena ball, no d level, no NCAA. And remember it has to be a card of them from their playing days!

Challenge #2!

Best card of a HOFer that was inducted with the sports last class!

Challenge #3

Most colors in a patch (es) (no manufactured patches allowed)!

Challenge #4

A card of someone who has played in the NCAA March Madness

Challenge #5

Your favorite card and a limerick explaining why.

Challenge #6

Best card of a player who spent his entire career with one team.

Challenge #7

Your favorite low grade card.

Challenge #8

Opening Day Gauntlet

Challenge #9 Non sports gauntlet

Current score:
aceecards 25
Lew47 18
Captkirk42 14
bajmurray 3 (eliminated)
WestCoastSkinsfan 3 (eliminated)
roadrunner1964 2 (eliminated)
pwolantern 1 (eliminated)
road_runner_1964
I am in.....
msw_sportscards
I'm in.
mjda
Are there going to be "weight" divisions?
beanschat
not for this one...we may see Juventuud vs The Big Show!
aceecards
Gigante just entered the ring!
pwolantern
What the heck, count me in!
bajmurray
I'm in.

Oh it's true! It's true!
captkirk42
hmm what is the shortest amount of time someone has been "tossed over the ropes"? I think I can beat that time. Speaking of time.How much time will each participant be given to post?

Why not put me in coach, I'll take my lickings in "da RUMBLE" - I might have a little problem making a quick trade if that one is reaquired I'm rusty in that department.

captkirk42
^"Required" not "reaquired"
road_runner_1964
Got some heavyweights in the ring....better hide my belt!!!!
captkirk42
QUOTE(road_runner_1964 @ Mar 9 2012, 05:18 PM)

Yep they so heavy they'll have no problem tossing me over their shoulders outa da ring (or pounding me inta da canvas) laugh.gif

I admit I am more than a bit nervous about this whole thing. unsure.gif If I lived in Phillie I'd climb the Rocky stairs, hmmm since I'm in/around DC guess I'll have to settle for the Exorcist Stairs! ohmy.gif
aceecards
QUOTE(road_runner_1964 @ Mar 9 2012, 05:18 PM)

your final four way win was a fluke.

You shoulda been forced to surrender that belt with the buying of votes allegations that came to light!

aceecards
Where is that lew47 guy.. I still have a bone to pick with him too!
aceecards
QUOTE(bajmurray @ Mar 9 2012, 04:59 PM)
I'm in.

Oh it's true! It's true!

ankle lock submissions do you no good in an over the top rope you olympic has been!
aceecards
QUOTE(mjda @ Mar 9 2012, 03:55 PM)
Are there going to be "weight" divisions?

Yes and NO.. but lets wait and see how long you last!

Worthless and weak!
aceecards
come on ya pencil necked geeks throw your hat in the ring!
beanschat
alright...a little smack talk here already...I like it!!

Here are our entries so far...

roadrunner1964
mswsportscards
mjda (??)
aceecards
pwolantern (not to be confused with the green lantern)
bajmurray
captkirk42

so we have 6 confirmed and one other keeping us on edge..

It was asked how long everyone would have to submit their entries...24 hours. I am trying to do my part to increase traffic...so I want you all checking in everyday!
aceecards
QUOTE(beanschat @ Mar 9 2012, 06:36 PM)
alright...a little smack talk here already...I like it!!

Here are our entries so far...

roadrunner1964
mswsportscards
mjda  (??)
aceecards
pwolantern (not to be confused with the green lantern)
bajmurray
captkirk42

so we have 6 confirmed and one other keeping us on edge..

It was asked how long everyone would have to submit their entries...24 hours.  I am trying to do my part to increase traffic...so I want you all checking in everyday!

Beanie Babes you remind me of that classic legend Classy Freddie Gassie

Why is not your name on that list.. you got more hot air than most!

Oh I see the category isnt Donruss Classics!

That is one that you could "smell" your success on !

wink.gif
aceecards
come on deadwing 40

join the party.. this Blues fan has a handful of feather for ya..

or better yet my size 12 redwing boots to .. trending worldwide right now!
beanschat
no acie babie...don't go bitin off more than you can chew! I don't think you wanna get in the ring with the man runnin the show! I'd be the kind of guy that'd tell ya it was a knife fight till you get to the ring, then make it a gun fight!! I'd be dirtier than Vince and Frddie combined!!
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 9 2012, 06:14 PM)
your final four way win was a fluke.

You shoulda been forced to surrender that belt with the buying of votes allegations that came to light!

Ah...buying and stealin' votes is what it took and if it happened it happened.

Bring it on aceeeeboy.....got some more up my sleeve.....
WestCoastSkinsFan
I'm in.
aceecards
QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ Mar 9 2012, 09:36 PM)
I'm in.

no no no..

He has to be disqualified..

Thats not fair.. He has a jim thorpe cut in his sig..
beanschat
alright..so we have 8 warriors in the ring...since I have to work tomorrow..we will start our first challenge...which is this...

Your "best" card of a current "major league" manager from his or her playing days. By "major league" I mean head coach at the highest level of that sport. No minor league, no arena ball, no d level, no NCAA. And remember it has to be a card of them from their playing days!

Let's get it on!!
beanschat
and yes..Westcoast is in!

Clock starts..24 hours to post!
RGBII
Brian, it's great to see you hosting yet
another contest. There is no one that does it
any better.

I'll enjoy this one from the sidelines.
Serious collectors and serious collections
involved here, good luck gentlemen.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
Lew47
Am I too late? If not I'll try to dig out some stuff.
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Lew47 @ Mar 10 2012, 08:58 AM)
Am I too late? If not I'll try to dig out some stuff.

Thankfully the cell towers failed in your region and calls didn't make it to you for this invite....maybe next you Lewser......or cheater, as aceebaby would say. And don't be trying to blindside me with a chair as I walk down the aisle.... tongue.gif
bajmurray
OK..I'll start off:

Head Coach of the Carolina Hurricanes:

Kirk Muller

user posted image
aceecards
donnie baseball

as a Yankee

user posted image

Now the Mangler of the Dodgers
Lew47
That card is not from his playing days Steve....

And Bob was afraid of ME cheating tongue.gif
aceecards
i think we should let lew in!

I also think we should stipulate no duplicate players allowed unless the category is a specific player!

road_runner_1964
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 10 2012, 10:14 AM)
i think we should let lew in!

I also think we should stipulate no duplicate players allowed unless the category is a specific player!

Steve is trying to change the rules already once he made his play...geeeez... rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Lew47 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:13 AM)

And Bob was afraid of ME cheating tongue.gif

Uh yeah...your point....laugh.gif
road_runner_1964
A two fold opportunity to share:

1) An chance to share an item from this cool mini set
2) Big things do come in small packages....

Playing days:

Chicago Bears (19871993)
Indianapolis Colts (19941997)
Baltimore Ravens (1998)
San Diego Chargers (19992000)
Detroit Lions (2001)*
Carolina Panthers (2001)

Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers

1999 Ruffles QB Club Spanish #12 Jim Harbaugh

user posted image

Which was produced during "his playing days"..... tongue.gif
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Lew47 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:13 AM)
That card is not from his playing days Steve....

Hmmmmm........
pwolantern
An oldie but a goodie, Kirk Gibson RC

user posted image
captkirk42
I knew there would be tough decisions. I have a few options here. I could have gone with my Name Sake Kirk Gibson skipper of the D-Backs, but I didn't think 1983 Donruss, 1983 Topps or 1986 Topps would cut it with the competition.

Then I thought about going with my Homie skipper Davy Johnson, Nationals my first reaction was a chromie thing I've got from a couple of years ago of a "Fans Favorite" but it is a Modern REPRO w/ Chrome added of his 1972 Topps (the card is NOT from his playing years, but the image of the card it reproduces is). So that wouldn't work plus I'm not sure if I still have it another technicality, the only card from his playing days I found (I actually have doubles of which I didn't realize) was his 1975 Topps. I was looking for an earlier card of his but sadly I couldn't find one. I almost went with the better of the two '75s then I thought this is more a popularity contest than my personal likes contest so...

I am going with the Skipper of the RED SOX Bobby Valentine. Here be his 1972 Topps card:

user posted image
captkirk42
QUOTE(pwolantern @ Mar 10 2012, 10:55 AM)
An oldie but a goodie, Kirk Gibson RC

(I removed the image for quoting.)

I almost went with Kirk my namesake, but I don't have his RC (which would probably be the best card to go with for him) some of my reasoning is in my previous post up there. Plus now it would have been two people posting the same player. sad.gif
aceecards
QUOTE(beanschat @ Mar 9 2012, 11:38 PM)
alright..so we have 8 warriors in the ring...since I have to work tomorrow..we will start our first challenge...which is this...

Your "best" card of a current "major league" manager from his or her playing days.  By "major league" I mean head coach at the highest level of that sport.  No minor league, no arena ball, no d level, no NCAA.  And remember it has to be a card of them from their playing days!

Let's get it on!!

Ill question that ruling

My card DEPICTS the player as a Player during his playing days.
aceecards
QUOTE(road_runner_1964 @ Mar 10 2012, 10:25 AM)
Steve is trying to change the rules already once he made his play...geeeez... rolleyes.gif
Uh yeah...your point....laugh.gif

If that is outside the bounds then the RULEMAKER.. The gassy one..needs to clarify so I can reenter a more specific" rule following" entry
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 10 2012, 11:38 AM)
If that is outside the bounds then the RULEMAKER.. The gassy one..needs to clarify so I can reenter a more specific" rule following" entry

Oh...I am sure he will let it stand after you submitted a more than satisfactory bribe......
aceecards
QUOTE(road_runner_1964 @ Mar 10 2012, 11:45 AM)
Oh...I am sure he will let it stand after you submitted a more than satisfactory bribe......

nobody saw...

I mean I did not!

Note to self.. we live in the age of cameras with phones!
aceecards
does eric spoelstra have a rookie card? laugh.gif
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 10 2012, 12:33 PM)
does eric spoelstra have a rookie card? laugh.gif

Yea, I know they made cards of "CHIPs".....Oh wait that was Estrada..... cool.gif

user posted image
WestCoastSkinsFan
Yikes. With primarily football at my disposal, this one won't be easy. Let's see what I can dig up.
aceecards
QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ Mar 10 2012, 01:34 PM)
Yikes. With primarily football at my disposal, this one won't be easy. Let's see what I can dig up.

lots of candidates there!
beanschat
the referee removes the Donnie Baseball from Steve's boot. Has to a be a card from his playing days...not a picture of him during his playing days
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(beanschat @ Mar 10 2012, 06:17 PM)
the referee removes the Donnie Baseball from Steve's boot.  Has to a be a card from his playing days...not a picture of him during his playing days

OH.... ohmy.gif
Lew47
Beans says I get to enter.

Jim Harbaugh

It's a TTM auto I got in 1998....

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.