Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Create a Five Star Box or Gamble and buy one
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
quik59sat
Been mulling this over as there are some nice cards in the 2011 Five Star set. Unless you hit a Cam, Rodgers or other big name card, most people are looking at a SV of 30% of what they paid for the box and even with a Rodgers, you're not guaranteed even money.

My question to you, I have enough money to buy one box of Five Star. Do I buy the box or I can spend half the money to buy the cards I want and put together a box I'm happy with. I'm a gambler, but the odds aren't looking to good on this one.
sschind
I say buy the box
booth9919
Send me the money and I will give you a box of cards lol
quik59sat
QUOTE(booth9919 @ Feb 28 2012, 10:11 AM)
Send me the money and I will give you a box of cards lol

Hahaha, I don't want $400 worth of base Andy!
booth9919
QUOTE(quik59sat @ Feb 28 2012, 04:15 PM)
Hahaha, I don't want $400 worth of base Andy!

I sold all my base cards last year!
northicehero99
I would buy the cards you want, why risk hitting a mediocre box and being disappointed afterwards? I think buying singles you want will make you happier in the end.
urbanmonk
Spend the money on what you want, if you spent all of the cost of a box you would probably get a nice amount of cards (unless you after the hot ones that cost a ton).
MaddenRq53
Buy the cards. Get a nice dalton, a rookie who hasn't shined yet since they'll be cheap (Leshoure, Daniel Thomas, etc.), a von miller, ton of stuff you can get for good prices compared to a box.
quik59sat
You guys are probably right. I always seems to have buyers remorse when I bust wax hahaha! Better to get something that I want. Thanks for the input.

faulkrules
Yeah do it!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.