Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Card Storage/Displays
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
yankeesjetsfan
Hey guys,

I will be making renovations to my room coming up real soon. I want to have space for my cards and my other stuff in display cases.

I'd love to use this thread for everyone to display their display cases/card storage/man caves. It would give me an idea of what I should do and it might be fun if everyone could see how we all show off are goodies.

Mike
northicehero99
Mike, most of my stuff is stored away in binders and boxes as I don't have a man cave, someday I hope to? laugh.gif I also am interested in how people display items and what people think in regards to where they store or display an item in their room? I am often afraid of displaying my items due to sun bleaching, does anyone else fear displaying items for this reason?
moparcudaz
man cave! you guys have man caves! mad.gif

i'm gonna have to talk to my wife-- laugh.gif biggrin.gif

my stuff is all packed in boxes--- sad.gif

moparcudaz--dan

finestkind
My man cave is under the front porch.
road_runner_1964
These old library catalog files work great. Need to find another one, it is too full of 264/s.....

user posted image
northicehero99
Dan, no man cave for me, no room. laugh.gif

Bob, that library catalog drawer system is a good idea for slabbed or even toploaded cards. I have to find one of those, it would eliminate some shoeboxes.
yankeesjetsfan
A friend of mine does the same thing. How many cards can a drawer hold?

I'd love to find something like that, but I would need wayyyyy to many for the Yankees alone tongue.gif

Mike
dielonthug
[quote=road_runner_1964,Feb 28 2012, 03:44 PM]
These old library catalog files work great. Need to find another one, it is too full of 264/s.....

Bob, I have almost the exact same looking library catalog drawers that I use to hold my cards! Me and my dad had to refinish the whole thing because it was in so rough/dirty. Ill get picture of mine tonight.

Anyone who needs an organization system THIS IS THE WAY TO GO!
dielonthug
So this is what I store my entire collection in. We had to completely refinish every drawer because the some were warped with water damage, and some were discolored. My dad and I also polished up the brass with a wire wheel (not sure what that tool is called) he did the polishing lol. There are 30 drawers in all, they fit 800 count boxes, which is really nice for base cards. The lower part is a tupperware container with binders. Beats my old system by a long shot

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

dualshock
QUOTE(dielonthug @ Feb 28 2012, 03:10 PM)
So this is what I store my entire collection in. We had to completely refinish every drawer because the some were warped with water damage, and some were discolored. My dad and I also polished up the brass with a wire wheel (not sure what that tool is called) he did the polishing lol. There are 30 drawers in all, they fit 800 count boxes, which is really nice for base cards. The lower part is a tupperware container with binders. Beats my old system by a long shot

That's awesome! Wish I could be that organized.
northicehero99
dielonthug that is very nice looking, that would make a nice storage space. Gotta see if I can find one of those.
road_runner_1964
Dylan that is magnificent....way better than mine. I will have to look for such a chest.
dielonthug
thanks. I believe we found it locally on Craigslist. There should be plenty of old library catalogs out there with the use of the internet/internet to catalog books.
Cool_Hand_Flash
So jealous of those drawers... We've been looking and looking, can't find one (or two.. or three.. or four laugh.gif ) We found some, but they cost way too much, and ended up being sold..

ah well.. at least I have my man cave biggrin.gif
MaddenRq53
Don't really have a man cave, I have a boy-room. Teenager pride!

I'll upload pics of my desk/my cards in a while, tomorrow possibly.
yankeesjetsfan
Holy frijoles, Dylan! Now that's what I call a system! Very nice! I would love to be able to do the same.

Mike
captkirk42
Wow those are nice. I should SERIOUSLY look for something like that.

When you live by yourself in an apartment like me the whole space is your MAN CAVE. laugh.gif
sportscollectoroz
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Feb 29 2012, 06:01 PM)
When you live by yourself in an apartment like me the whole space is your MAN CAVE. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sadly, I use the white boxes we're accustomed to seeing. I wonder where I'd be able to find one of those library card catalogs. I don't believe the libraries around here would be pleased with me if I made a purchase inquiry.

What other ways do you store/display your collection? Surely, there's got to be more.

- Oz
MaddenRq53
A buddy of mine on youtube's man cave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNTPSVnf2w8

That's about all the inspiration you'll ever need
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.