Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Panini Comes Through
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
osufan2383
So today I contacted Panini about two redemptions to check if they were replaceable yet. I am not waiting past 4 months for a redemption anymore. So I asked about a 2011 LCM Stevan Ridley Auto Jersey and a Sean Couturier Rookie Auto Jersey. I have one Auto of Couturier and can get a ridley easy. I asked if they can replace the card and she said sure. I did ask if they ever do full boxes as a replacement and she stated it is all based on Value, but she could replace it with a box of my choosing. Well as of today I am getting a 11/12 LCM Hockey Box as a replacement
northicehero99
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Feb 27 2012, 08:02 PM)
So today I contacted Panini about two redemptions to check if they were replaceable yet. I am not waiting past 4 months for a redemption anymore. So I asked about a 2011 LCM Stevan Ridley Auto Jersey and a Sean Couturier Rookie Auto Jersey. I have one Auto of Couturier and can get a ridley easy. I asked if they can replace the card and she said sure. I did ask if they ever do full boxes as a replacement and she stated it is all based on Value, but she could replace it with a box of my choosing. Well as of today I am getting a 11/12 LCM Hockey Box as a replacement

Wow, so those two autos book $85? That is surprising that they would switch out two autos for a box. Congrats! Hope you hit the RNH rc!
osufan2383
Northice you should try and do the same you may get some nice boxes
aceecards
sweet and good luck pulling a nuge
Gadsden86
Cool can you let me know who you called i am waiting on a live redemption for 3 months and cant get an answer for anything.
osufan2383
Northice you should try and do the same you may get some nice boxes and they only booked 75 they wanted to give me a donruss box but I asked for LCM
northicehero99
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Feb 27 2012, 09:29 PM)
Northice you should try and do the same you may get some nice boxes and they only booked 75 they wanted to give me a donruss box but I asked for LCM

What I have left in redemptions based on "Beckett" bvs would not equate to a box.

PS I am building the LCM base set, so if you are trading/selling check out my needs list.
osufan2383
gadsden pm me
urbanmonk
They haven't answered me when I go thru their site, have one from last years crown royale, so 11 months now, have tried to contact them twice now....some people have all the luck wink.gif and it sure isn't me laugh.gif
northicehero99
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Feb 27 2012, 10:32 PM)
They haven't answered me when I go thru their site, have one from last years crown royale, so 11 months now, have tried to contact them twice now....some people have all the luck wink.gif  and it sure isn't me laugh.gif

I just asked for updates on 3 of my outstanding redemptions today, of course did not have responses from my requests two months ago.
urbanmonk
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Feb 27 2012, 07:33 PM)
I just asked for updates on 3 of my outstanding redemptions today, of course did not have responses from my requests two months ago.

Yeah I tried 3 months ago when it was at the "8 month" time which is when they are supposed to replace it. But they never answered my message in with the open case section, and they didn't when I tried again few weeks ago (or haven't yet anyway).
What I'm hearing on another board is they fired their CS manager, so things are changing but I'm not sure if I believe it or not.
urbanmonk
Received:
03/23/2011 12:16 PM
by: Panini 2010 Panini Crown Royale
Scratching the Surface Signatures
Redemption: xxxxxxxx Card #80 ( / 100)
Rene Bourque
Calgary Flames
LW

Received:
03/23/2011 12:16 PM
by: Panini 2010 Panini Crown Royale
Heirs To the Throne Signature Material
Redemption: xxxxxxxx Card #13 ( / 50)
Loui Eriksson
Dallas Stars
RW

View Shipping?
Description Details:

Updated By: Dwight Customer Created Response No. 1 Sunday, May 08 2011 11:37:14 AM
Description Details:
Any idea on when these are available? Was a real bummer to pull two redemptions in one box (half of my "hits" ).

Updated By: Dwight Customer Created Response No. 2 Tuesday, October 04 2011 02:00:28 PM
Description Details:
I collect Mike Modano, if this doesn't look like it will be done is there something you can replace it with?

Updated By: Dwight Customer Created Response No. 3 Friday, January 27 2012 08:41:10 AM
Description Details:
????????

Updated By: Dwight Customer Created Response No. 4 Tuesday, February 21 2012 11:46:43 AM
Description Details:
Does this thing work? It's been ll months and haven't got a response on the last two of these I sent.
osufan2383
the e-mail is not the way to go. Physically call them....
urbanmonk
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Feb 27 2012, 08:24 PM)
the e-mail is not the way to go. Physically call them....

Maybe but why have it there for an option? And the phone lines were not answered a few weeks ago at all, so no other avenue. I even went to the "contact us" section, and if you want to contact Customer service via regular email it kicks you back to your open cases and using that to contact them. Ended up sending one to PR dept and they never bothered even giving me an answer to the regular email even if it was the wrong dept. Not a way to run a very successful business, or make any points with the customer, as I have had better luck with microwave popcorn problems and cheese and crackers w/o the cheese in the middle via email, as at least I got a response back in a couple days and it wasn't the automated baloney you get back when you do the above for asking about your open case saying "thanks, you will be contacted shortly" and it's all a lie wink.gif.

So to me why have options for contacting them if neither work all the time. And not just limited to them as UD was having phone issues for weeks (they moving not a real good excuse in modern times), and I've never deal with Topps but have heard they not exactly the best at it either. Along with the lack of consistency of their resolutions. You get a box, someone else gets a really bad replacement compared to player they had, and others get no response. Same with expired redemptions, some folks get something for them and others get told "nothing we can do" when both contacted them via same method (phone).
northicehero99
I am going to have to agree with Dwight, why create a nice looking redemption process where you allow the user to check on status and then don't respond. Its like having one way email, what is the purpose? If that was the intent then they should not allow follow ups and create a system like UD where you have to call if it is in the waiting mode.

Look my replacements were so-so the last time I called, so my answer is I am not buying Panini products for myself to bust. I might if the prices drop and I feel the risk of getting a redemption is low, but for now I am avoiding most of thier product on my own. Heck last night our break group opened 2011/12 LCM only to pull a Spezza auto/gu redemption. I pulled one of those around 14 months ago from last years product and I am still waiting on it to be fulfilled, I told the person who pulled it to sell it or trade it. Too much aggravation for cardboard IMO.

I am glad they seem to be working with you, just hope you don't get any redemptions in that box.
osufan2383
I dunno to be honest but calling them just works better. Use the Customer Service number and not the 800 number
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.