Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Crooks Take Dirty Laundry, Leave $17,000 Case
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
finestkind
Maybe all of the mainstream media talk about baseball cards not being worth anything anymore finally turned out to work in favor of a seller for a change. Maybe there's a shortage of briefcases and luggage in the Philadelphia thief community. Either way, a crime turned into a blessing in disguise--and a darn funny 'dumb crook' story.

Steve Hart, owner of Baseball Card Exchange in northwest Indiana, met a customer at an Outback Steakhouse while on a buying trip in eastern Pennsylvania. After the meal, the two walked outside found that someone had broken a window on his SUV. Shattered glass lay on the ground and around the window smashed while the two were enjoying a steak.

For the rest of the story
click here
Sports Collectors Digest.com
1/3/2012
urbanmonk
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Wow... laugh.gif
northicehero99
Nice, although the way the box looks in the picture you would think it would be filled with junk anyway.
finestkind
I wish someone would steal my case of 1990 Topps baseball. laugh.gif

Then I might not try this from a few months ago.

TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF cool.gif
Tuesday, November 1, 2011

WORCESTER Mass. A package that drew the attention of the state police bomb squad this morning was determined to contain an unwanted collection of baseball cards. Initial suspicions of the sealed box, left atop a newspaper box outside the post office branch on Chandler Street, prompted police to close off the area.

The sealed box had the word "Free" on the outside. It was heavily taped, and authorities could not easily determine its contents.

Upon further review, the box was found to contain baseball cards.

Officials, who were notified of a "suspicious package" about 9 this morning, did not immediately locate the person who left the box.

Traffic was briefly detoured from the area.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.