Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Tebow/Bradford dual auto
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Cool_Hand_Flash
http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Footb...m_Tebow/5278969

They're /20.. and the same seller has 9(!!) of them? blink.gif

Books $350 seller wants $500 and up for em..

This is a prime example of why there should be a law that no one could charge more than BV.. this is insane! I get that some people think when it's numbered to a players number its a 1/1, (or first/last in the printrun).. which it isn't.. If you look at it that way, then EVERY single numbered card is a 1/1 and therefore should be insanely expensive.. He wants $1000 for the 1/20, and 15/20.. but "only" $500 for the 20/20?..I'm confused..

Sorry about the mini rant.. just got annoyed at this laugh.gif (and hey, its 6.14am over here.. so cut me some slack tongue.gif )
northicehero99
I think it is the work of the monkey! laugh.gif

You can charge whatever you want for your cards, ultimately it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. So my guess is those cards are going to sit a while or at least until both of those players win Superbowls? He may have overpaid to get all 9 and is now trying to get his money back, who knows? It happens all the time, you see stuff hit and two or three people get in a bidding war on ebay, and next thing you know the card sells for way more than Beckett shows. Of course don't get me started on how unreliable Beckett is . . . laugh.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Dec 4 2011, 03:23 PM)
I think  it is the work of the monkey!  laugh.gif

You can charge whatever you want for your cards, ultimately it is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  So my guess is those cards are going to sit a while or at least until both of those players win Superbowls?  He may have overpaid to get all 9 and is now trying to get his money back, who knows?  It happens all the time, you see stuff hit and two or three people get in a bidding war on ebay, and next thing you know the card sells for way more than Beckett shows.  Of course don't get me started on how unreliable Beckett is . . .  laugh.gif

Yeah I know I know.. BV is a bunch monkey droppings too! My guess is this guy thought he's gonna get a lot for these, and his prices probably reflect what he paid gor each of them.. but $1000 for a Tebow/Bradford /20?.. makes me wonder what he or she paid in the first place..
finestkind
Like Brian said, you can ask for what ever $ you like. It doesn't mean someone will buy it. Sooner or much later they might. Or maybe he's just fishing for offers.
Cool_Hand_Flash
Just seems like the smart thing for him, would be to put one on.. see what kind of offers he can gather, and the place the accordingly?..
Zimbow
15/20....Seems like the 15 is Tebows jersey number. People see that as a premium to get more out of it for some reason. Personally I could get a rat's *** about jersey numbers being in serial numbering.
dielonthug
wow, 9! too bad they are ugly.
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(Zimbow @ Dec 4 2011, 08:19 PM)
15/20....Seems like the 15 is Tebows jersey number. People see that as a premium to get more out of it for some reason. Personally I could get a rat's *** about jersey numbers being in serial numbering.

Totally agree Jon, wrote the same thing further up..

QUOTE(dielonthug @ Dec 5 2011, 06:09 AM)
wow, 9! too bad they are ugly.

laugh.gif I'd have to agree on that tongue.gif
sschind
Tebow is hot right now, at least in the NFL, I have no idea what his cards are doing. With Yesterdays come from behind win and finally some stats that at least resemble those of a QB it wouldn't surprise me if the value of his cards are not on the way up. My guess is he snapped these cards up soon after they came out (does anyone have any idea what they booked for or sold for a year ago) and was sitting on them waiting for the right time to sell them. With Bradford being hurt and having a lousy year anyway Tebow's current streak may be the only shot this guy has. It may be that he doesn't have a lot invested in them and he can afford to sit on them so he throws up a ridiculous price hoping someone bites on any one of them. Also, by putting a couple up at stupid prices (or even more stupid prices as the case seems to be) it may make the cheaper ones seem like a better value and convince someone to pull the trigger on one of them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.