Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: So, how's the Black Friday shopping going?
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
bajmurray
Well, I was dumb enough to get up at 5 am to log onto Blowout Cards' sale.

Right at its starting time, the server was overloaded. However, it came back after a few minutes.

Then the first "Super Deal" came up--2007 Contenders Football for $29.99!

That shut down my access to the site for 20 minutes! (Didn't get it laugh.gif )

Dave and Adams' servers have been overloaded as well, but except for 2010/11 National Treasures Basketball, all their other deals are still available.

So far, I've picked up the following from Blowout:

2007 Leaf Rookies & Stars Football box $49.99

2010 Topps Football Hobby Box $ 27.99

2008 Uppder Deck Draft Edition Football $ 39.99

2007 Donruss Elite Football $49.99

2011 Topps Chrome Football $79.99 (the only one of the "Super Deals" I've gotten.

Anyone else had any luck??
jwman92
Trying desperately for a box of '07 Leaf Limited, but unsurprisingly, blowout's server is terrible, and I can't get it to work.
pavi39
QUOTE(jwman92 @ Nov 25 2011, 12:57 PM)
Trying desperately for a box of '07 Leaf Limited, but unsurprisingly, blowout's server is terrible, and I can't get it to work.

I've had the same issues most of the morning. Have not gotten a thing from their site yet.
osufan2383
I have not done any because I am stuck at work the day after black friday. but I got my goodies on Wed with some nice hits from my LCS packs and a box of 2011 Finest BB for 60 bucks at the LCS
edgerrin32
We went out at 10pm last night! Went to walmart and left, lines to the back of the store, there was NO ORDER it was nuts! Went to toys r us, busy but was well controlled! So we got a couple things and the line was to the back of the store but moved pretty quick! Then went to target and got right in but the line was INSANE! It was rapped up and down each isle. And didn't seem to move at all, so we ditched the cart and when home and got some sleep. We are getting ready to head back out and maybe do some clean up on the stuff people missed! laugh.gif tongue.gif
pwolantern
I was on there and got tired of trying to make a purchase and the server crashing, so I went to Atlanta Sports Cards and bought a box of '11 Inception and a box of '07 Upper Deck Premier FB
bajmurray
Now Blowout has acknowledged that its server cannot handle the traffic, and is only going to sell via twitter and facebook.

Thanks for excluding customers who have no interest/faith in social networking sites!
Zimbow
Got a Martha Stewart Collection Bedding, Sleep Wise 2" Full Memory Foam Topper and Ralph Lauren Bath Towels for my Fiancee wink.gif
osufan2383
bestbuy.com has all 4 seasons of dexter for 12.99 each buying those and some other stuff for like .99-8.99
bajmurray
Best Buy had some great deals online starting yesterday.

Picked up the following:

Blu Ray:

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows pts 1 & 2
Sons of Anarchy seasons 1 & 2
Mad Men seasons 1-4
X-Men First Class
Despicable Me
Spartacus season 1
The Kings Speech

DVD:

Family Guy vol. 8
The Sopranos season 6 parts 1 & 2

Also raided their $2.99 CDs.

Also got some good stuff from Amazon.

Best time of the year for DVDs & Blu Rays!!
Zimbow
QUOTE(bajmurray @ Nov 25 2011, 05:22 PM)

Picked up the following:

Blu Ray:

Mad Men seasons 1-4
X-Men First Class
Despicable Me
Spartacus season 1
The Kings Speech

DVD:

Family Guy vol. 8

So..... You were the one that raked the 2.99 CDs?!?! Sigh....
Zimbow
Email from Brian Benson of DACardworld:

Black Friday Deals In Advance - No Waiting for Good Customers

Dear Valued Dave and Adam's Customer,

Today we've had a massive amount of site traffic (in the 40,000 visitors range) that has caused our site to be very difficult to shop at best and completely down at worst.

We understand this has been frustrating for those looking to make purchases. In an effort to make this up to you we'd like to offer you many of the deals in advance.

If you are unable to use our website, here is a list of the products that are available to you as well as the maximum quantity you can purchase.

If you'd like to purchase, please email me back the following:

Items you would like to purchase
Quantity of each item
Method you would like to pay Credit Card or PayPal
First and Last Name
Zimbow
If anyone would like a list of the products available, dont be afraid to ask. IF anyone would like me to purchase any of them for you, please send me a pm regarding me doing so. I could have your paypal transferred to me and pay for them that way, then ship them to you, no extra charge for shipping.
Zimbow
Product Price Limit

2010 Upper Deck NCAA Sweet Spot Football Hobby Box $49.95 3
2011 Topps Pro Debut Baseball Hobby Box $36.95 4
2011 Upper Deck Football Hobby Box $49.95 4
2011 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts Baseball Hobby Box $139.95 3
2010 Upper Deck SP Authentic Football Hobby Box $89.95 2
2006/07 Topps Triple Threads Basketball Hobby Box $79.95 2
2010/11 Panini Elite Black Box Basketball Hobby Box $133.95 3
2010/11 Upper Deck O-Pee-Chee Hockey Hobby Box $29.95 4
2011 Panini Timeless Treasures Football Hobby Box $54.95 3
2010 Upper Deck SPx Football Hobby Box $69.95 2

There are others, but these are the ones I picked from the list.
osufan2383
how much was Sons of Anarchy?

QUOTE(bajmurray @ Nov 25 2011, 05:22 PM)

Picked up the following:

Blu Ray:

Mad Men seasons 1-4
X-Men First Class
Despicable Me
Spartacus season 1
The Kings Speech

DVD:

Family Guy vol. 8

bajmurray
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Nov 25 2011, 07:43 PM)
how much was Sons of Anarchy?

$18.98 on Blu Ray

BestBuy.com
osufan2383
thanks I may have to pick it up. I know I am buying dexter regular for 12.99 blur ay or not I love that show
otis0220
I didn't go out for this year, but I looked at the Blowout/DA stuff. I didn't get anything big, just hobby boxes of 07/08 Fleer Ultra hockey (19.99) and 2008 Bowman Chrome baseball (29.99). Still looking for what else comes up at DA Card World.
WestCoastSkinsFan
I did pretty well. I ended up with 2 "super" deals on Blowout, and several nice deals in OCSportscards and DACardworld. I think it'll make the ol' group breakers happy!
otis0220
What did you end up getting? I'm gonna be having a big break around Christmas...some hobby and retail. Mostly hockey and football, unfortunately no basketball.
ffman
I worked at Wal-Mart 4-8:30 PM Thanksgiving night; after seeing the crowd at 8:30 (when the sale began at 10), there was no way I was going to shop.
otis0220
Because of DA and Blowout's policy about not combining multiple orders from the weekend, looks like I'll be receiving 5 packages tomorrow. Oh boy...
bajmurray
I think I have 3 packages containing 5 boxes total arriving tomorrow.

I'll be busting them old school here on TCC.

Also, my first "Black Friday" video shipment arrived! I received:

Despicable Me (Blu Ray combo)
The King's Speech (Blu ray)
Spartacus season 1 (Blu ray)
Family Guy Vol. 8 (DVD)
Scotty McCreery's CD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.