Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: You are here because?..
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Cool_Hand_Flash
I've thought about this for a while.. seems like it's on everyones mind lately.. "Sell value".. So, I'm just curious to see, what type of "collectors" is the best represented on here.. (Even though I'm fearing the worst unsure.gif )

Guess this could also be seen as "I'm in group breaks because:" kind of a question..

Feel free to share your views smile.gif

[And, I'm not irate, angry, mad or anything.. Just curious smile.gif ]
MaddenRq53
Neither. I'm here to almost purely TALK cards, and show off what I get, and make friends. I have been here for about 4 years, and only have what, 9 transactions? I make trades or sales on here but I just prefer looking in the show and tell, mailday, steals, and hobby talk sections, just to see what others think and what others get!
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(MaddenRq53 @ Nov 24 2011, 02:54 AM)
Neither. I'm here to almost purely TALK cards, and show off what I get, and make friends. I have been here for about 4 years, and only have what, 9 transactions? I make trades or sales on here but I just prefer looking in the show and tell, mailday, steals, and hobby talk sections, just to see what others think and what others get!

laugh.gif You know what? Right when I pressed the post topic button, I was like "did I forget something?".. And BAM! That was it laugh.gif

I'm certainly here to talk and show and look and congratulate as well smile.gif
MaddenRq53
Haha, yeah. About 1000 posts, 4 years racked up, and only 9 transactions. Now I think I need to step my game up biggrin.gif
Solid133
I've never been about the selling and trying to make money. Before I went on hiatus for 2 years I had grown a pretty big collection before my current wife made me choose between her or the cards mad.gif . But I'm just trying to become the biggest Miami collector there is while trying to help other super collectors with their needs. I see collecting as something fun to do and show off to other collectors. SV and sellers and shillers, etc...our on my naughty list tongue.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(Solid133 @ Nov 24 2011, 03:06 AM)
I see collecting as something fun to do and show off to other collectors. SV and sellers and shillers, etc...our on my naughty list  tongue.gif

clapping.gif
urbanmonk
I'm here cus it's home....oh wait you didn't mean the site wink.gif laugh.gif

I collect, I sell to reduce amount of cards at times but I don't get anything decent enough to even stand a chance of breaking even at best, as all the fees and supplies.
finestkind
I've only sold cards once. And that was a 1986 Topps baseball box that I had hanging around. I don't follow sports. It's just something to do in my limited spare time. So I build older sets no one wants. laugh.gif
northicehero99
What no choice for the Monkey to select? Thats messed up! laugh.gif laugh.gif
He doesn't collect, he is just here to make your life miserable. wink.gif laugh.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Nov 24 2011, 03:22 AM)
I'm here cus it's home....oh wait you didn't mean the site wink.gif  laugh.gif
I collect, I sell to reduce amount of cards at times but I don't get anything decent enough to even stand a chance of breaking even at best, as all the fees and supplies.

Yeah, well clearing out space by selling is pretty understandable.. TCC is home to me too Dwight wink.gif

QUOTE(finestkind @ Nov 24 2011, 03:58 AM)
I've only sold cards once. And that was a 1986 Topps baseball box that I had hanging around. I don't follow sports. It's just something to do in my limited spare time. So I build older sets no one wants.  laugh.gif

Hahaha, thats what I should have done instead of Ultimates huh? tongue.gif
northicehero99
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Nov 23 2011, 09:22 PM)
I'm here cus it's home....oh wait you didn't mean the site wink.gif  laugh.gif

Amen. laugh.gif Wish we all could pull one of those thousand $ cards. laugh.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Nov 24 2011, 05:32 AM)
What no choice for the Monkey to select?  Thats messed up!  laugh.gif laugh.gif
He doesn't collect, he is just here to make your life miserable.  wink.gif  laugh.gif

See?! See?! Monkeys are EVERYWHERE!!! And see what I'm battling? One of me is fighting monkeys nonstop, the other is buying Ultimates nonstop.. and the rest of me.. well.. better not say what the other 90-something "me's" are doing laugh.gif
redwing40
I mostly Collect, trade off everything but my Wings cards, and maybe a few older players from other teams I liked to watch play!

I only sell if I need money to buy more wings I need, but its mostly Buying of late, thats pretty much what everyone tends to do, cause its hard to trade when you have nothing! sometimes I will buy trade bait just to trade,lol!

Last, I like it here at TCC, lot of good people here! Some of you go out of your way for a member! And make me laugh when when I need too! Love it! I'm fairly new here, but I like to call it my new home! smile.gif

pwolantern
I am here for a couple of reasons. I love collecting, and being a part of this great community/family. I don't sell very often unless it is going to help me get a nice card for the PC.
beanschat
I guess I run the gammut here (or however you spell it). I collect pretty hard on my Donruss Classics, and I also have started trying to flip. I have found flipping to be as much fun...but I buy other peoples lots then dig through them for a long time trying to find what they had. Even through the flipping though, I try to help people fill their sets. I opened up my garage for collectors to dig through my commons and minor stars for 2 or 3 cents each. Helps pay for the lots and they get only the cards that they want.
ffman
Option 1, although I will sell under the rare circumstance I pull a high-dollar card (which has been a grand total of 3 times).
moparcudaz
i'm here to collect collect collect.
don't really sell or trade much-what i don't keep hits the kids in my area or the trash.
i can trust all of you here-unlike e-bay and some of the other sites.
the amount of experience and knowledge here is amazing and helps keep
me on the up and up in the collecting world.

other than that i don't know why i'm here-- laugh.gif

oh wait it's the doughnuts-- biggrin.gif
edgerrin32
I am here to find cards that I need or want. I collect, but I also am trying to sell off everything that I don't collect anymore. I don't buy or trade for anything that I don't want. I don't open anything. Unless they bring back my little $10-$20 value packs at kmart or toys r us, with the like 10 random packs. I used to love those boxes. But I also come here because of the people! This place just has that feel of a small close family that works together. And once and a while we get a couple people that just show up and we have a good time. It doesn't have that feel here of its just some person on the other end of the screen, no you know that person (about as well as you can for being over the net). But is just a good place to come for a good time and maybe you find that cool gem you need! cool.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Great to see this many replies(and honesty) smile.gif

If you haven't voted, please do.. even if it's option 4 laugh.gif Speaking of option 4, wonder if people would vote the same if it was one of those were it lists what people vote??
boomersooner24
here lately just want to focus my collection on my bucs so im trying to trade or sell for reasonable prices everything but
since i joined this site my bucs collection has gotten rather nice
19th Century Indiana Jones
I collect to collect. I am here to talk hobby.
aceecards
Im here because I got addicted to this hobby in 1968.

I dont sell much although I probably should start.

My purchasing has calmed a lot in the last few years , but my passion for collecting/set building/ working on my lifetime goal of a auto or gu of every HOFer from all major sports has not.

It is my one and only leisure time that is all mine!
SinatraKing
I have given up the Hobby for the time being, sold most of my PC, and am waiting for my new journey in life this Spring, when my baby Girl enters this world. But I still like to pop in from time to time to see how you all are doing. Happy Collecting kids.
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(SinatraKing @ Nov 28 2011, 03:46 AM)
I have given up the Hobby for the time being, sold most of my PC, and am waiting for my new journey in life this Spring, when my baby Girl enters this world.  But I still like to pop in from time to time to see how you all are doing.  Happy Collecting kids.

Congrats Brandon, great to hear(the baby part) smile.gif Hope she comes out just right tongue.gif

BTW, got any Ultimate Collection you need cleared out then? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.