Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: new website for me!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Cool_Hand_Flash
So.. yeah.. Finally did it. Made me a site to hold Ultimate Collection stats and haves.. Would love input from more experienced freewebs users, so if you got any ideas or suggestion, lemme have em smile.gif

Just made it, and only made the headers and wrote what'll be in each section, didn't dabble in colors, back ground and so on..

http://coolhandflash.webs.com/index.htm

It'll be in my sig shortly biggrin.gif

Well! Here it is!

The Ultimate Quest!

http://www.the-ultimate-quest.com/

A big huge thank you to Mike(mjda) for making this awesome site for the collection.. still a few fine tunings to be done and quite a few cards to be added, but there it is.. very proud of it actually.. And Mike for doing such a great job on it smile.gif

Please come check it out biggrin.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Well.. every single Ultimate card I own.. is on that site now smile.gif

I plan on adding overall stats, and such as the next step..

Got a bunch incoming, so the totals will jump a little again soon biggrin.gif

Don't I just have a huge amount of baseball? Makes my hockey portion look like a lot laugh.gif
sportscollectoroz
QUOTE(Cool_Hand_Flash @ Nov 18 2011, 08:06 PM)
So.. yeah.. Finally did it. Made me a site to hold Ultimate Collection stats and haves.. Would love input from more experienced freewebs users, so if you got any ideas or suggestion, lemme have em smile.gif

Just made it, and only made the headers and wrote what'll be in each section, didn't dabble in colors, back ground and so on..

http://coolhandflash.webs.com/index.htm

It'll be in my sig shortly biggrin.gif

I have some suggestions for you.

1. Create sub-menus so that when people hover over NFL (for instance), they can select which year they would like to browse.

2. For each page dedicated to a particular year, maintain the same arrangement you have right now - by subsets. Then use each page as a sort of checklist, but instead of listing card numbers, list players; to conserve space, you may want to arrange them in a borderless table of 3 or 4 columns. It's more appealing to see the players in the set than the numbers. All you'll have to do is designate a color (blue) for those cards you do not have in hand and convert it back to white when you've added it to your collection.

3. Throw some images of some of the major highlights within a particular subset, but mix up the player selection. If you've got two Michael Jordan autographs for two different subsets, display one of them and choose a different athlete for the other subset. It's nice to see a varied player selection, not just the same big name, high dollar chase cards.

I hope this helps, and feel free to take a look at my collection on WordPress to see what I have done with mine.

Oz

By the way, I have some football Ultimate Collection cards available for trade. Scans are available at the link in my signature. If you're interested, I'm looking for on-card autographs and rookie cards of Hall of Famer or Hall of Fame caliber superstars and baseball Topps legends SP's.
Cool_Hand_Flash
Thanks for the tips.. we'll see what I end up doing smile.gif

But for now, I've added a gallery, and a backstory/thank yous & props on the front page smile.gif

Still not set on what I'll do with colors and such.. I've got no clue when I'll be done/satisfied with it laugh.gif
19th Century Indiana Jones
I used to use Freewebs. But the picture manipulation took too much time to download - one at a time if you were not a paying member. I moved to Weebly. The picture manipulation is WONDERFUL! And faster. And free! You should give it a shot. You can always copy/paste the text from Freewebs over to Weebly.
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 4 2011, 02:30 PM)
I used to use Freewebs. But the picture manipulation took too much time to download - one at a time if you were not a paying member. I moved to Weebly. The picture manipulation is WONDERFUL! And faster. And free! You should give it a shot. You can always copy/paste the text from Freewebs over to Weebly.

Weebly?? blink.gif I'll go google it, cause I have no clue what it is laugh.gif

So far, freewebs has been really really slow, and it rearranges the order of the content boxes, so when I check the site, it's changed around the years I've listed dry.gif
urbanmonk
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 4 2011, 05:30 AM)

Haven't tried pics yet, but as usual everything a pain until I figure it out laugh.gif But got all my have lists and trade lists moved to Weebly now (link in my sig), instead of topics here in case site goes poof again I have the lists somewhere else (as I'd hate to have to make them again wink.gif ).
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Dec 4 2011, 08:47 PM)
Haven't tried pics yet, but as usual everything a pain until I figure it out  laugh.gif But got all my have lists and trade lists moved to Weebly now (link in my sig), instead of topics here in case site goes poof again I have the lists somewhere else (as I'd hate to have to make them again wink.gif ).

GO DUCKS!!!!
QUOTE(Cool_Hand_Flash @ Dec 4 2011, 06:48 PM)
Weebly?? blink.gif I'll go google it, cause I have no clue what it is laugh.gif

So far, freewebs has been really really slow, and it rearranges the order of the content boxes, so when I check the site, it's changed around the years I've listed  dry.gif

Weebly.com is a free website builder just like freewebs.
Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to build and design your page in a snap.
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 5 2011, 03:11 AM)
Weebly.com is a free website builder just like freewebs.
Once you get the hang of it, you will be able to build and design your page in a snap.

Looking in to it as we type smile.gif
urbanmonk
QUOTE(19th Century Indiana Jones @ Dec 4 2011, 06:08 PM)
GO DUCKS!!!!

Bah!!!! Go Beavs (well next year anyway wink.gif)
HToutlaws
http://www.freewebs.com/htoutlaws/

Here is my site. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away....
Cool_Hand_Flash
Looking at HT's site, puts a huge exclamation point under why I nominated and vote for the Barry Sanders pc as the best player collection.. awesome stuff..
Cool_Hand_Flash
Well.. it looks like my days of bumbeling around, doing a horrible job making my own little site is over. My great friend Mike (mjda) offered to make me a site! Like a real one, all fancy and stuff biggrin.gif And knowing how good Mike is at websites, I said yes like almost before he was done saying he'd do it laugh.gif

We (can't say I, when Mike's doing all the work) look forward to unveiling it soon.. Hopefully smile.gif
aceecards
nice start
Cool_Hand_Flash
Link to The Ultimate Quest at the top peoples! biggrin.gif the new proper website! smile.gif
redwing40
Looks great Mark! Android friendly also for my cell. wink.gif

Thinking I should hop on the wagon also and make one, heard its more easy to set up your wants and trade list with, if I ever get that done this year, 30 Teams and I'm at Boston right now, that's RCs and Inserts, 1989-2012, Lol!
Looks great, now if I come across something you need, I can let ya know about it. smile.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(redwing40 @ Jan 20 2012, 12:23 AM)
Looks great Mark! Android friendly also for my cell. wink.gif

Thinking I should hop on the wagon also and make one, heard its more easy to set up your wants and trade list with, if I ever get that done this year, 30 Teams and I'm at Boston right now, that's RCs and Inserts, 1989-2012, Lol!
      Looks great, now if I come across something you need, I can let ya know about it.  smile.gif

Thanks Paul smile.gif
mjda
QUOTE(Cool_Hand_Flash @ Nov 18 2011, 10:06 PM)
http://www.the-ultimate-quest.com/

A big huge thank you to Mike(mjda) for making this awesome site for the collection.. still a few fine tunings to be done and quite a few cards to be added, but there it is.. very proud of it actually.. And Mike for doing such a great job on it smile.gif

Glad you like how it turned out Mark.
RGBII
Very well done site, ultra-clean.

Some very wicked cards in there. I may
be able to help you out on Baseball end.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
mjda
QUOTE(RGBII @ Jan 22 2012, 11:58 AM)

I just did what I was told. laugh.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(mjda @ Jan 22 2012, 08:12 PM)
I just did what I was told. laugh.gif

Yeah.. well.. mostly wink.gif tongue.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(RGBII @ Jan 22 2012, 06:58 PM)

Some very wicked cards in there. I may
be able to help you out on Baseball end.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Thanks smile.gif

Baseball is my "weakest" branch. I only have 2, and one on the way laugh.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Almost done updating! Only need to add the 08 Football non base, and it'll be 100% up to date biggrin.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
And it's up to date! 100%! I'm 299, with 2 incoming smile.gif
redwing40
Great job Mark!! Busy bee you have been working on it!

Sad for me. I'm still working on mine Congrats! smile.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(redwing40 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:41 AM)
Great job Mark!! Busy bee you have been working on it!

Sad for me. I'm still working on mine Congrats! smile.gif

Thanks Paul smile.gif

If you ever need help, I'm pretty sure Mike can give you pointers, and help you out biggrin.gif As you can see, he's great at making websites..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.