Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: 4th TCC Trade-a-Thon!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
bob_TCC
Based on your requests for early notice, I'm pleased to announce...

The 4th TCC Trade-a-Thon will take place from Monday - 11/27/06 - through Thursday - 11/30/06!

This 4-day event will once again be a time where all Collector Zone members are encouraged to focus on trading, buying and selling with each other. So, you have lots of time to dust off your trade and want lists! In addition, stop by the local shop and make sure you're fully stocked with shipping supplies.

Come Monday (11/27/06) though, all attention will turn to trading, buying and selling! We'll also have a number of giveaways - many of which will be awarded to those members who simply post (and then later complete) a transaction during this event! We'll also have a special prize for the member that completes the most transactions by the time the December Trade-a-Thon starts (only transactions posted during Trade-a-Thon apply)!

As you can see, this special event should be a great time and a great opportunity for many of you to obtain some new cards from your want lists! In fact, our 3rd Trade-a-Thon in October led to 82 transactions (click here for more details).

Let's make this our best Trade-a-Thon yet!

-Bob
Go18
Sounds like fun, hopefully I will get a handful of deals done in this one, biggrin.gif
ITG Franchises Man
Hope I can get a Bunch of International Ice.
snowblink
I'm shooting to double last T-a-T numbers. biggrin.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Nov 2 2006, 06:27 PM)
I'm shooting to double last T-a-T numbers.  biggrin.gif

Why not go for 4-5 times that number? tongue.gif

-Bob
ITG Franchises Man
Where is the list of transactions posted.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(ITG Franchises Man @ Nov 2 2006, 06:41 PM)
Where is the list of transactions posted.

The October Trade-a-Thon transactions can be viewed here.

-Bob
ITG Franchises Man
Thanks, Bobster wink.gif
braves4life1025
bob dont know at all if you will but will you move it to the 25 to the 28 so i wont be in school and wrestling all day like last time?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ Nov 2 2006, 06:53 PM)
bob dont know at all if you will but will you move it to the 25 to the 28 so i wont be in school and wrestling all day like last time?

Sorry, but we'll need to stick with these dates. Earlier in the month will interfere with the time that many members will be travelling and spending time with family for Thanksgiving. I'm guessing the December one will work out well for those of you in school though. wink.gif

-Bob
braves4life1025
o ok
Iplayfootball_90
I can't wait until this one! Hoping to get a lot of deals done!
saxophonymartian
Great!!! Thanks Bob!!! If you want to trade hockey, come to me!!!! smile.gif
dd316
Yay, this one starts on my birthday! biggrin.gif

Hopefully I can get my site with the lists back up, somethine weird happened and I need to redo everything. sad.gif
artyman60
well, im just hoping i can triple the amount of trades that i did from the last one ....
nashcollector
I hope to get a ton of deals done for Steve Nash and Connie Hawkins cards.
kooljazz1966
Don't want to sound like a broken record but what the heck....SweEt!!!!!!! I really hope to get a bit more prepared by then. Thanks TCC!
DiaperDandy
Looking fowards to cranking up the engines this time around....
champb21
thx for the announcement in advance im always not ready for trade a thons.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(champb21 @ Nov 11 2006, 10:24 PM)
thx for the announcement in advance im always not ready for trade a thons.

Thanks to all of you for making it clear that you wanted to know as early as possible.

-Bob
artyman60
I think im going to sit this one out
ffman
I think I will have a trade or two on this one.....perfect timing
DiaperDandy
QUOTE(ffman @ Nov 12 2006, 04:15 PM)

Maybe even with me smile.gif
Iplayfootball_90
QUOTE(ffman @ Nov 12 2006, 03:15 PM)

I still haven't gotten a Sosa GU for that Calico patch from you! mad.gif sad.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
ffman
QUOTE(Iplayfootball_90 @ Nov 12 2006, 08:03 PM)
I still haven't gotten a Sosa GU for that Calico patch from you! mad.gif  sad.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

Don't worry....it won't go anywhere. I've traded away almost everything else football other than that, a Cadillac rookie, and a Reggie Brown autograph.
ffman
QUOTE(DiaperDandy @ Nov 12 2006, 07:50 PM)
Maybe even with me smile.gif

Yeah...you still have one Sosa game-used left, right? Who are you collecting now? If you are still collecting Nomar, I have a 2006 Finest Blue X-Fractor /150.

Whoops....sorry for the double-post.
MetsFan86
ill save some goodies for it! hopefully ill win something!
bob_TCC
Just a reminder that the 4th Trade-a-Thon starts on Monday, 11/27/06!

With many of us having the next 4 days off from work and school, it would be a great time to do some sorting and list updating - in between visiting and eating. smile.gif

-Bob
little-michigan
This is great... I am going to be buying a printer/scanner today, and I will be able to have scans of all of my nice cards available in my photobucket just in time for the trade-a-thon.

-Lewis
bob_TCC
QUOTE(little-michigan @ Nov 24 2006, 03:26 AM)
This is great... I am going to be buying a printer/scanner today, and I will be able to have scans of all of my nice cards available in my photobucket just in time for the trade-a-thon.

Very cool! cool.gif

By the way, do you go by Robert, Bob or Rob?

-Bob
kooljazz1966
My magic number is 10 trades..I hope! smile.gif
little-michigan
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Nov 24 2006, 08:45 PM)
Very cool!  cool.gif

By the way, do you go by Robert, Bob or Rob?

-Bob

I actually prefer to be called by my middle name "Paul." However, I have picked up the habit of going by "Robert" because going by "Paul" got me in trouble with the Marine Corps. I would probably go by Bob if it were not for my father. We have the same first name, and he goes by Bob.

-Lewis
hockeygirl
I'm so glad it's time for another Trade-a-Thon!!! It's giving me the motivation I need to get a bunch of cards added to my website.. I added some last night but will keep plugging away at it over the weekend!!!

Hoping for some good trades!
dd316
Almost forgot about this! Let's get trading!!
aceecards
Hello????

I have been open for business for both days.. and not a burner yet..?

Ill give a bonus pick in the NFL predict 3 contest to next person who completes trade with me!!
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(kooljazz1966 @ Nov 24 2006, 03:25 PM)
My magic number is 10 trades..I hope! smile.gif

6 of 10 is a vast improvemnet than before!! dry.gif I reckon' biggrin.gif . Trade-A-Thon was a blast!!

-kjazzzz
Cades
Oops, never even noticed this!
gopackgo
Forgot this one was even going on, had all my focus on the December trade-a-thon...still looking for all Brett Favre and Greg Jennings stuff..PM me
chopinalex
what in tarnations!..i didnt even realize it was trade a thon..it sure was quite..there probably too close together or too close to christmas now..
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Dec 1 2006, 10:57 PM)
what in tarnations!..i didnt even realize it was trade a thon..it sure was quite..there probably too close together or too close to christmas now..

Don't even try it! My first post in my contest was dedicated to the trade-a-thon, for more trade-a-thon exposure! ranting.gif .....now that I've got that out of my system, wub.gif alex. tongue.gif

-Jazzzz
chopinalex
lol!!!..oh really sorry Ken..i dont even remember..only thing i remember on your post was contest and free!!!!
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Dec 1 2006, 11:04 PM)
lol!!!..oh really sorry Ken..i dont even remember..only thing i remember on your post was contest and free!!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif you are forgiven.
northicehero99
Are we going to hold the next trade-a-thon in the new year? I think the holidays will be too busy, but just wondering out loud.

Bob any stats from this one?
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Dec 1 2006, 11:29 PM)
Are we going to hold the next trade-a-thon in the new year?  I think the holidays will be too busy, but just wondering out loud. 

Bob any stats from this one?

I agree!
little-michigan
I am dissapointed in myself. Well I guess it is actually my collection that I am dissapointed in. I thought that I had some decent cards for trade, but apparently I was the only one.

-Lewis
northicehero99
QUOTE(little-michigan @ Dec 2 2006, 03:02 AM)
I am dissapointed in myself.  Well I guess it is actually my collection that I am dissapointed in.  I thought that I had some decent cards for trade, but apparently I was the only one.

-Lewis

It takes time sometimes and just being in the right place at the right time. It comes and goes though.
tj2373
And patience, I posted 2 different trade topics and finally got hits on both (barry bonds for trade, various cards for trade).
artyman60
HAHA i forgot all about this one. I will have to revamp and get ready for the next one
jdlee123
QUOTE(artyman60 @ Dec 3 2006, 01:02 PM)
HAHA i forgot all about this one. I will have to revamp and get ready for the next one

How did the 4th Trade-A-Thon turn out?
artyman60
I have no idea, you may want to send a PM to bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.