Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: A little Dis-State of the Hobby
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
Pages: 1, 2
aceecards
What is going on?

In case you havent noticed, the former box breaking machine known as aceecards, has been non-functional for the better part of this year. Ginter was an exception as was ITG IM 10 and some Leaf/Razor Releases Ali comes to mind. Why so you may ask? A hobby enthusiast like Steve actually not being enthused? Id say Euthanized is far better a term!

Yes , the card manufacturers have succeeded in killing off my passion. Maybe the sports industry in total provided the assist, but certainly the card companies hit the homer, scored the game winner or hit the pocket for the final blow.

Lets start with some particulars shall we?

1. Exclusitivity ended competition.

No longer can we buy UD Baseball or UD Football or UD Basketball or Topps Basketball or Donruss Baseball or Topps Hockey or ITG Licensed Hockey or... You get the Picture. Lack of Competition for my dollars has made this 1960's Mother Siberia Russia. Bleak Cold and Barren!Ginter completely Hoovered, All the main autos were redemptions and autos themselves were so scarce I got 11 in 4 cases worth. And who is tired of one color GU in Topps Products.

EXCLUSIVE HAS MADE ME RECLUSIVE!

2. Card designs (or could be 1A)

Topps could no more put an original art concept together for a baseball set becuase why??? THEY DONT HAVE TOO! Im Bored! . Shiny.. shiny as my Heinie! Im sick of Chromium metal looking look alikes year after year after year aafter.. Topp triple threads looks like Topps tributes looks like Bowman platinum looks like BLECH...!!!!! Jeepers Creepers Put some freaking color in it! BUT see they dont have to! WHY? Cause they are EXCLUSIVE!

And before I leave Panini out. ..Holy crap guys spend some money and hire some graphic artist will ya? My goodness..Luxury suite looks like national treasures looks like Gridiron gear looks like.. White should be for WEDDNGS Not every freaking insert set or base set or GU or.. Im serious.. Goto Ebay and search Luxury suite Hockey and then search Dominion hockey. Now realize one of those GU came from the $350 box of dominion and one came from $125 Luxury Suite.. SERIOUSLY??

At least UD's hockey products remain distinctly different but tru to their original form.

FAMILIARITY BREED CONTEMPT!

3. Volume of Releases.

Youd think Panini cornered the cardboard roll market as many releases as their printing presses are churning out. Gee Whiz, I think there was what 20+ Hockey releases Basketball and football each? That is way way way too much.
Look I love Pasta and can eat a lot but you Italian boys are just killing us..

Topps even took cues from them adding an additional Topps line or two this year 5Star, Lineage, and Marquee and Bowman Platinum.. Is Topps Titanium not too far behind?

GLUTTONY IS A SEVEN DEADLY SIN !

4. Hits per Box.. CONTENT

OK.. Lets be real. A one color event worn relic of a 7th round draft pick in any sport is not a HIT. Heck most GU sell for less than base cards on ebay. Unless of course you have a transcendental Player (ie Jordan Ruth etc). Some Autos of those same scrubs sell for even less than the Event worn relic! GAHHHH. Quality over Quantity is needed at this point! Exactly how many jerseys did Cam Newton have on for each manufacturer at Draft Day rookie shoot? Somebody said that Cam had to put on 20 some jerseys and 10 caps on for Topps, UD and Panini.. REALLY.. How long do you guys keep feeding us the event worn stuff and print that it is Game worn? A year ? two years? How would we ever KNOW?

And.. a Redemption is not a HIT! Its a card I have to wait 6-9 months for if I ever get it . Wait a second.. I pay Now and Maybe get later?? Seriously.. What did they borrow Whimpys concept from Popeye? Ill gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today?

Well guess what WHIMPY TOPPS and WHIMPY Panini I aint paying you nothing unless you deliver Today! Im on the cash and Carry Plan now! I have redemptions from 2010 Ginter unfilled and 2010 Crown Royale football ..! Yes autos of Joe McKnight and Ryan Mathews, stickers too that Panini hasnt filled!
and yet I see new releases coming out every week with more Ryan Matthews sticker autos and Joe McKnight sticker autos.. Hey.. Wake up in there. Im tired of being HOSED!

HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT.. NO SERIOUSLY IS THAT ALL YA GOT? laugh.gif

5. Flippers have plundered the secondary market.

I know guys, yes really, ill bet you do too, that go in bust a case or a box and then LIST everything on ebay! They dont care about the hobby. They are in it for the almighty dollar. May god rest their bankrupt souls! Seriously.. these are the same cornstalks who speculate on oil and make gas prices go up! Well not really but they are sure adversely affecting the card values on the secondary market! Have you sold stuff on ebay lately? I sold about $8,000 BV worth of High end HOFer autos and Patches recently hoping and expecting to net around 40-50 % of BV like normal.. Guess what I got??

$1,445.00 before fees and shipping! I CRIED. Real Tears!

These were Jackie Robinson GU and Jerry Rice autos and.. Seriously I cried.
I actually stopped the bleeding on the last day and killed a couple of auctions for some of the Patches I had listed for barry sanders and Steve Young as they were still not in double figures. I had no idea the secondary market had grown so soft, and Yes I balled like a little school girl!

PINBALL WIZARDS HAVE SUCH A SUBTLE ...

Wait for Part II Cause I got more!
aceecards
ok Im Back.

Again I dont claim to be the most eloquent Writer but I do speak with 44 years of collecting experience and a passion for sports so I can deem myself a resident expert. Ive seen all the advents in cards, 3-D, action photography, GU, Autos, SP, Serial Numbering, Errors/variations, Paralleled to death.. you name it I got it.

6. Oversaturation of transcendental players.

Jordan, Ruth, Gretzky, Brady, Manning, Howe, Crosby, Aaron, KGJ... The players every one wants. And Now you can get them multifold.. Just buy this case and you are guaranteed _______ Insert players name there. Yes UD did this this year with Jordan and Bron in two different basketball releases I know of and they DONT even have a license! Im sure the Gretzky/Howe guarantee is not far behind!

Hey thats great Im glad we all get one! But what about the effect on Value? I mean it wont be long before Lebron Autos are in the Dollar bin as frequently as they pop out of packs.

Mark McGwire and his agent had a theory , Never sign to much as you do not want supply to exceed demand. Hey now that was a very realistic theory just a poor choice by Mr McGwire to capitalize on the almighty dollar for personal gain before he got tarnished.

Bobby Orr and Patrick Roy autos use to mean something in Hockey , now they are no better in value than some high dollar rookie auto! Why? Oversaturation! The market is flooded by flippers (see #5) and the frequency of autos released by the manufacturers. Its great for super collectors and such but..

IF YOU OVERSATURATE SUGAR IN WATER AND HANG IN A STRING IN THE SOLUTION DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GET? ROCKS!

7. Players behavior

Guys, someone needs to remind you that you still put your pants on one leg at a time and your bowel movements still stink! You are not above the law and the air you breathe is not rarified. If you cheat you Lose, If you behave poorly in society you lose. If you play bad you lose and "all your money wont another minute Buy"! You will turn to dust in the wind just as the title of the song that line came from. Some of your actions simply disgust me and I have no respect for you nor do I want to see your cards in packs I buy.

GROW UP will YA!

8. Rookie Hype..

Hype Schmype.. what are the odds a drafted player makes it to an All Star game ?? 1-20? 1-10? Do undrafted free agents have the same likelihood as a #1 draft pick of being a "star". A quick note to Topps.. BRYCE HARPER does not sell baseball cards to everyone! Some of us buy them because we collect! Mr Harper hasnt even played a Major League game and he already has appeared in How many card sets?? Heck they even built a worthless set around him that just released.. Topps heritage Minor leagues.. REALLY??? My experience with minor league issues have been poor on the realized value side further down the road.. Remember UD did one of these in 1993 or 94 to Hype Michael Jordan and Derek Jeter ended up in it too.. Still worthless but nice nostalgia!

NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD!

9. Collecting!

In the 1960's and 70's Collecting was about Set Building. it was tough too until 1974 as Topps released stuff in series! and if 7th series baseball released after football welll your local retailers may not have stocked it!

You went to card shows to search thru boxes of commons to complete sets.

We didnt have online forums either.. cause Al Gore was invented yet I suppose..but thats another tale..

We didnt have Becketts until the later seventies and even then it was row after row of 40 cents - $1.00 and prices reflected a players talent!

My how times have changed , and I changed with it.. from inserts in the nineties and man they were COOL! to GU and autos and cuts and such in the later Nineties and naughts.. BUT my CORE mission of collecting stayed unchanged.. Collecting! For some reason that Value.. that mission seems to be Dying!

PLANNED OBSOLENSENCE OF A MISSION STATEMENT

Summary

Collecting was never profit driven but rather a shared leisure event with like minded folks! We talk sports, talk teams, trash talk, trade, buy/sell, human bonding etc.. Forums like Tradingcardcentral only opened up that ability to the whole wide world. Now all of us could enjoy. ...

But I dont think I enjoy it anymore, or at least like it once was. i mean I enjoy all of you and the human bonding aspect, but something is missing lately. Maybe, dare I say, Im growing old or growing up (certainly Out Physically). My passion survived dating, teenage hormones, marriage, moves, careers, kids. I lasted far longer than any of my childhood friends did. Even out lived a few sad.gif

I think Im going to set back and rest for a few now! Maybe work on completing a few of the sets I really like from the past.

1997 UD NFL legends autos
Topps American Heritage relics and autos (the History stuff)
Maybe a new vintage set like 1969 Topps Man on the Moon

I think my days of being a major contributor here are dwindling, although I will still certainly visit once or twice a day, I wouldnt expect many more box breaks or show and tells of course you never know as Brian has me all hopped up on this new UD Parkhurst release now.. laugh.gif And anything coming from Dr Price's hands could end up in mine like UM 11!

But rest assured until some problems get fixed in the rest of the hobby world , my money wont be leaving my pocket!

Thank you and goodnight
Gforce083
+1
maikai24
hey im all with you man! Im more of the new generation of collecting. But i see where you're coming from. Oh well maybe you guys should open up your own card company and show them how its really meant to be? but yea! shoots!
aceecards
QUOTE(maikai24 @ Sep 23 2011, 03:44 AM)
hey im all with you man! Im more of the new generation of collecting. But i see where you're coming from. Oh well maybe you guys should open up your own card company and show them how its really meant to be? but yea! shoots!

yes would be nice.

No I wouldnt want the hassles of licenses , etc
GA_Pack_Fan
Now if only the manufacturers would read your post and heed your advice.

Great read!!!
ffman
+1 here too.

A couple things I might add:

1. The allure of trading is gone. It's too hard to get what you want while seeing another collector gets what he/she wants. In many forums trading is near-dead; it's buying and selling.

2. There's too much out there! Not just the number of products, but the variety of things to collect across the years. For an indecisive collector, it makes choosing a collection tough. This isn't a bad thing; variety is good. Regardless, for someone like me I get frustrated trying to decide what to collect.

3. The companies no longer care. This goes in with many of Steve's points. Topps if floundering in the baseball market. Too many releases, not enough quality across products, etc. It's even been rumored that they are once again engaging in false advertising in regards to sell sheets and preliminary checklists. Topps is too worried with suing Leaf for copyright violations from its "Best of" release. As Steve said, a hit is no longer a hit in many cases (although, this has been true for man years).
northicehero99
Steve, we all feel you. I stopped buying football this year for exactly those reasons, and hockey is going to be pick and choose in the 11-12 season. Going to stick with stuff I enjoy and can make sets out of and don't feel like I am getting screwed on. Between Score and OPC hockey last year they were my favorite products to open as they were fun sets to build. My major problem with boxes now is that once you bust and sort the joy kind of fades. With those boxes I could get them at affordable prices, organize it and see what else I needed, and then decide whether I wanted to chase the singles in lots or another box.

PS Sorry about pointing out Parkhurst, but it looked interesting except for the low # of hits per box. I just hope I am not fooled by a nice looking sell sheet, like we all have been in the past.
urbanmonk
Great points Steve smile.gif Should send a copy or link to this topic to all the card companies, but they probably wouldn't read it or just make lame excuses and not change anything. They don't seem to grasp the "it's hard to get folks back if you disgruntle them to the point of stopping", as "hobbies" are a bit different than other consumer goods. As collecting sports cards has rarely been "trendy", which is fine as those things take off like a rocket and usually burn out and crash real fast (Togs etc....).
dielonthug
Loved reading this. As a fairly young collector (22), these are the reasons why I have turned to busting older products. Speaking on football: The problem that I think people (including you and I Steve) have with many products today is they are so heavily rookie based, filled with event-used crap. But because it is cheaper for companies to have rookies sign cards, and have players throw on an jersey, than it is to have a veteran sign a card and aquire his game worn jersey. Unless people stop buying it, they will continue to produce products like that.
pspstatus
Right on. Good points made by all. I sure do love this hobby but the card companies are making it tough. I mean how many 100$/pack lame products do we really need? And all this rookie trash? Give me a break. For example I just watched a bunch of 2011 Timeless Treasures Football breaks including a case. That's 20 tins. If you don't know there are three "hits" per tin at 90$ each. There was ONE high caliber rookie auto in the whole CASE. The rest were super scrubs. And overall there were about 4 or 5 veteran autos. There were a few patches some of them being very nice, and then some being numbered to 10 with one color, but the vast majority of "hits" (25-30) were just trash one color jerseys. I know it's always a risk but how can you justify that? Watching those videos I actually got mad for those people who wasted there money on this. And another thing did they replace Classics with this stuff? What a huge step down. Anyway if you want to see this train wreck PM me and I'll hit you with the Youtube link.
dielonthug
just go the thetTruth17 on youtube. He did a whole case break of that. Not an impressive product at all. Those rookie autos on that weird white texture stuff...ick.
bigalexx
Agreed 100%!
aceecards
Ok so I took Dwights advice and copied this to UD's diamond Club forum.

Maybe I should send an email to Topps and Panini!

I'll leave the good Dr Price and Brian Gray alone cause they dont seem to be causing the hobby any grief!
urbanmonk
QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 24 2011, 07:00 PM)

I'll leave the good Dr Price and Brian Gray alone cause they dont seem to be causing the hobby any grief!

Be interesting to see if they respond at all to it, and if the usual "blah blah blah we are coming up with new and exciting things blah blah".
pspstatus
QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 24 2011, 09:00 PM)

That's huge. I hope they see it. Thanks for doing that.
northicehero99
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Sep 24 2011, 10:26 PM)
Be interesting to see if they respond at all to it, and if the usual "blah blah blah we are coming up with new and exciting things blah blah".

Guessing that would be the reply, or they will counter that they are doing different things and after producing cards for X years there has to be some rehash.

Funny thing is that I was looking through a box of mine and stumbled across some of my hits from 01-02 or 02-03 Top Shelf hockey and realized that they shook things up on that product by putting goalie blockers, goalie pads, and game used gloves as the hits. Looking at them they were different and pretty cool, but I have not seen any of that type of stuff since then, other than maybe in an ITG product here and there. Not sure why, you would think they would not have used all of those in that product?

Remember when they put in game used bases for baseball. I did not like those as they were not "something close to the player", but you know if they brought that back as a dual hit with a jersey or auto it might make it interesting and something for the collector.
aceecards
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Sep 25 2011, 06:33 AM)
Guessing that would be the reply, or they will counter that they are doing different things and after producing cards for X years there has to be some rehash.

Funny thing is that I was looking through a box of mine and stumbled across some of my hits from 01-02 or 02-03 Top Shelf hockey and realized that they shook things up on that product by putting goalie blockers, goalie pads, and game used gloves as the hits.  Looking at them they were different and pretty cool, but I have not seen any of that type of stuff since then, other than maybe in an ITG product here and there.  Not sure why, you would think they would not have used all of those in that product? 

Remember when they put in game used bases for baseball.  I did not like those as they were not "something close to the player", but you know if they brought that back as a dual hit with a jersey or auto it might make it interesting and something for the collector.

Although I didnt care for the bases I love the pads, blockers, sticks, gloves socks that Dr Price incorporates into his products
urbanmonk
QUOTE(aceecards @ Sep 25 2011, 06:01 AM)
Although I didnt care for the bases I love the pads, blockers, sticks, gloves socks that Dr Price incorporates into his products

I would agree with that, even though not a BB collector, having parts of bases, parts of the floor, fake grass etc... is right up there with game used jock straps for me wink.gif laugh.gif Just like in FB I think the ball, shoe and helmet is pretty cool though, as adds a different twist to it.

To me the "super high end" products just feed the lottery mentality, but then if I had that kind of disposable income I could easily get caught up in that I imagine. But as was said in other topic the cards are getting to be not all that spectacular compared to lower end (same quality control issues, redemptions etc.. that shouldn't be in "higher end" in my opinion). You should feel that they spent more time on design/printing/packaging on 4 cards for $100, and you shouldn't be getting "Joe Scrub" or someone that will be selling cars in the next year or two kind of player.
dielonthug
It kind of drives me nuts that every product is increasingly using the single pack format. I like to get "bang for my buck" 16-18-20-24 packs is a real plus for me. Ive always had a hard time justifying paying 80-100 bucks for 3 hits and a redemption (usually). At least if I open a whole bunch of packs im somewhat satisfied in doing so. However, maybe that's why companies are going with the single packs more and more, people buy one, feel unsatisfied with it, so they feel compelled to buy another.
urbanmonk
QUOTE(dielonthug @ Sep 25 2011, 11:15 AM)
However, maybe that's why companies are going with the single packs more and more, people buy one, feel unsatisfied with it, so they feel compelled to buy another.

That or they don't care as they made their money on the one pack, and there is more fish out there so to speak. As the profit margin on the higher end has to be more, less packaging, cards to print etc... and if nothing else the make the same percentage of the price so it would be more if you spend more one would think.
aceecards
QUOTE(dielonthug @ Sep 25 2011, 01:15 PM)
It kind of drives me nuts that every product is increasingly using the single pack format. I like to get "bang for my buck" 16-18-20-24 packs is a real plus for me. Ive always had a hard time justifying paying 80-100 bucks for 3 hits and a redemption (usually). At least if I open a whole bunch of packs im somewhat satisfied in doing so.  However, maybe that's why companies are going with the single packs more and more, people buy one, feel unsatisfied with it, so they feel compelled to buy another.

never felt that way, but seldom just bought a pack, usually the box!
aceecards
Well it is done for 2011 and 2012 aint looking real good right now

I just broke my last box for the not so near immediate future!

Of course it had to be ITG Ultimate from my friend Dr Price cause I could just leave without it..

However I find it indicative of the dis-state of the hobby

Floating autos in a $600 a box product
One color GU

An abundance of 1/1's

and..

If you look close at the Howe/Worsley you will not find Mr Hockeys photo.. why..
Exclusive!

I believe all four of these items were discussed in length throughout my tirade!

Pretty sad isnt it..

Too boot I was at Target tonight and witnessed a man and his Im guessing 9 year old son pack searching even the hanging rack packs!

Sliding , bending, squeezing... made me want to erp!
northicehero99
Steve we feel your pain, it is the new "risk" in the card game. At least those were all decent players in the 4 hits above. Lots of us would consider those nice hits. The sad part is the swatches have gotten smaller. On those older guys it is expected you would see more 1 color swatches than with newer players as I imagine there are not many game jerseys left from when those guys played considering they may have worn only a few sweaters a year versus today where they seem to change them every period times 82 games. That being said though, I think I saw more two colored swatches out of Decade 80s than you did in Ultimate.

As for the Howe issue, yes that stinks, and that was one reason I would not buy some products, its not really a card to me when all you have is a players name and a piece of jersey. I want photos, in action preferred, and stats, etc.

Anyway, take a break if you stop buying maybe it will change, but probably not.
aceecards
Oh dont get me wrong.

It was a great break player wise and as per usual There is only one real ULTIMATE Card Set Produced every year! I was pleased as heck

But sadly I noticed something on my hand written notes that evolved into this post while I was breaking the Ultimate yesterday..

My favorite product was no better than any other product !
northicehero99
QUOTE(aceecards @ Nov 19 2011, 08:58 AM)
Oh dont get me wrong.

It was a great break player wise and as per usual There is only one real ULTIMATE Card Set Produced every year! I was pleased as heck

But sadly I noticed something on my hand written notes that evolved into this post while I was breaking the Ultimate yesterday..

My favorite product was no better than any other product !

Yes and no. I agree the swatches weren't spectacular, but player selection was a heck of a lot better than three 3rd line wingers and one star in a box if that. Not sure what the rest of the box contained since this was only 4 hits of the 10 hits, but I would take those hits in a heartbeat over some of the crap boxes I have opened recently. Look at my Parkhurst box post, I didn't even post the second one I broke a week later. I saw Dwight hit some decent player autos so I gave it a second try. Well guess what I got, a Reggie Leach auto and a foil mini parallel #/11 of Eddie Shore. Really $77 for a low end auto and a foil parallel? What the whaaaa???? It is a beautiful set, but I am sorry for $77 should have been more than a low end auto and a foil parallel that could have been numbered 1/1 for all I cared about it. So for $150 on two boxes I got a lot of low-end autos. Geesh, I could have bought a decent Howe, Gretzky, Mario auto at that price.
aceecards
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Nov 19 2011, 12:00 PM)
Yes and no.  I agree the swatches weren't spectacular, but player selection was a heck of a lot better than three 3rd line wingers and one star in a box if that.  Not sure what the rest of the box contained since this was only 4 hits of the 10 hits, but I would take those hits in a heartbeat over some of the crap boxes I have opened recently.  Look at my Parkhurst box post, I didn't even post the second one I broke a week later.  I saw Dwight hit some decent player autos so I gave it a second try.  Well guess what I got, a Reggie Leach auto and a foil mini parallel #/11 of Eddie Shore.  Really $77 for a low end auto and a foil parallel?  What the whaaaa????  It is a beautiful set, but I am sorry for $77 should have been more than a low end auto and a foil parallel that could have been numbered 1/1 for all I cared about it.  So for $150 on two boxes I got a lot of low-end autos.  Geesh, I could have bought a decent Howe, Gretzky, Mario auto at that price.

unsure.gif

My other hits

Dogerty rookie auto/gu
caron rookie auto

gu..

year that was 1983 mess, yz, gilmour, goulet
plus minus st louis one color
idols dual sundin/naslund

the other one must have been so bad I cant remember it..LOL

However 600 compared to 77 and odds are if you had bought 8 boxes of parkhurst you would have hit a couple of biggies and who knows what else
meuandthelot
I think Im going to set back and rest for a few now! Maybe work on completing a few of the sets I really like from the past.

Me too Acee, me too! Sad we can't buy a box or 2 to try and do so, but there are avenues available.

aceecards
Well it has been 6 months.

What have we wrought?

Last Sunday CBS ran a special about how the trading card industry was .. dare I say.. not EN Fuego! laugh.gif

They blamed the lack of kids and the dying off of the passionate old collectors.. HUH.. ?? what think tank master mind at CBS dreamed that hullaballoo up?

POP HAS ATE ITSELF!

We have Topps suing Leaf and NFLPA suing UD and MLBPA suing UD and Larry suing Moe and Curly and Steve Suing To..Oh wait cant talk about that..! wink.gif

Seriously, MLB, MLBPA and NFL, NFLPA.. when UD lost its licenses what did you think specifically would happen? That has to be one of the GREATEST "NO DUH" moments in history. Hey.. they are not paying us.

Really?? Really???? Gee I never wouldve came to that conclusion EVER!

Again Dear Producers at CBS.. This thread represents one 50 year old, 44 year veteran of this hobby war and it tells the truth and honest to goodness truth of how the CARD Industry Killed my passion!

Read it.. Learn It.... Know It..... Live IT!

And because I like the Beatles here is another Clue for you my friends at trading card central... my favorite.. my single greatest I would never take it from the vault and move it ever...

ISNT REAL!

AND I HAVE THAT IN WRITING FROM THE COMPANY THAT MADE IT.

Those that read this line will know exactly what im talking about and trying to tell you. Soon it will be public knowledge and then you will know but it will be tooo late..
northicehero99
Wait a minute a "company" told you that one of the cards you cherish is a "fake"???? No way, why would they admit that? I have an idea of "which" card this is, but you have a lot, so could never be sure of "which" one it is.
aceecards
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Mar 27 2012, 09:21 PM)
Wait a minute a "company" told you that one of the cards you cherish is a "fake"????  No way, why would they admit that?  I have an idea of "which" card this is, but you have a lot, so could never be sure of "which" one it is.

Its true.!

Dealing with a senior VP and he is selling his patootie off trying to prevent legal beagles!
Gforce083
Why must you force us to wait in such suspense!?
northicehero99
OK, my guess is that it is your 1/1 Pujols MLB patch?
aceecards
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Mar 28 2012, 06:04 AM)
OK, my guess is that it is your 1/1 Pujols MLB patch?

Donruss is closed..!

Try again..

This time a little closer to your home! Think of a sad story !
KHarmon
Tell me it's not the Harry auto you got as a redemption replacement?

KHarmon
northicehero99
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 28 2012, 10:20 AM)
Donruss is closed..!

Try again..

This time a little closer to your home! Think of a sad story !

That would have to make it Clemente if I am reading your hint correctly. Don't remember that pull though.
aceecards
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Mar 28 2012, 11:19 AM)
That would have to make it Clemente if I am reading your hint correctly.  Don't remember that pull though.

user posted image
northicehero99
Now I remember. Should have mentioned this when you first posted that hit, but doesn't 42 seem a little small? I know Clemente wasn't a huge guy, just wondering.
aceecards
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Mar 28 2012, 05:12 PM)
Now I remember.  Should have mentioned this when you first posted that hit, but doesn't 42 seem a little small?  I know Clemente wasn't a huge guy, just wondering.

no he wore a 42

the Pirates never wore wilson jerseys!
spuds1961
Always entertaining Steve,I have never been a highroller I'm a retail junky and what I lack in quality I make up for in quantity.I watch breaks of high end products on youtube and cringe, I totally agree with your state of the hobby assessment.I would hope something would give our hobby some new life,but I just don't see it happening any time soon.
dielonthug
That is quite disturbing...
Gforce083
A hit like that, of a player like him, in a product of that caliber!?!?! If they pull this mess with high profile products and players like that, what's to be said about all my Jason Campbells?!.... oh have mercy!
fishkid
I take it you pulled that from a pack? Sorry if i missed how you ended up geting the card but im hoping it wasnt from a pack. If so that really makes me wonder if any of theses are real.
urbanmonk
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 28 2012, 03:21 PM)
no he wore a 42

the Pirates never wore wilson jerseys!

Ouch, that don't bode well if they doing that, but I'm sure they have a good reason for the "mistake" rolleyes.gif
sschind
QUOTE(Gforce083 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:54 PM)
A hit like that, of a player like him, in a product of that caliber!?!?! If they pull this mess with high profile products and players like that, what's to be said about all my Jason Campbells?!.... oh have mercy!

I think you are safe with your Campbell's pal, I think you are safe.
northicehero99
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Mar 28 2012, 11:35 PM)
Ouch, that don't bode well if they doing that, but I'm sure they have a good reason for the "mistake" rolleyes.gif

Well this could be one of those jerseys that were being faked by those guys that were faking the Farve stuff that we read about a few years ago.
aceecards
QUOTE(fishkid @ Mar 28 2012, 10:56 PM)
I take it you pulled that from a pack?  Sorry if i missed how you ended up geting the card but im hoping it wasnt from a pack. If so that really makes me wonder if any of theses are real.

it was from a pack of topps sterling busted 12/23 2009
aceecards
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Mar 29 2012, 11:01 AM)
Well this could be one of those jerseys that were being faked by those guys that were faking the Farve stuff that we read about a few years ago.

dont think so!

ill fill in details as i can make them available!
northicehero99
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 29 2012, 11:11 AM)
dont think so!

ill fill in details as i can make them available!

Ugh, that was not what I wanted to hear. That sounds worse and to boot it was Topps! I would expect something fishy with UD after the Konami Yu-gi-oh fakings.
urbanmonk
QUOTE(northicehero99 @ Mar 29 2012, 09:28 AM)
Ugh, that was not what I wanted to hear.  That sounds worse and to boot it was Topps!  I would expect something fishy with UD after the Konami Yu-gi-oh fakings.

Agreed, makes one wonder about almost everything then. Multi-person lawsuit woohooo free cards for everyone wink.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.