Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Boxbreakers 2011 Prestige Case Break
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Football > Football Group Box Break Marketplace
Pages: 1, 2, 3
crpalmi
Time to get the thread up for the next product on our list for the FB Casebreakers group. This group breaks cases of the newest products as soon after release as possible. We are moving on to 2011 products and the first of which is 2011 Prestige. Please remember that I cannot accept Paypal anymore for group breaks so please join only if you are able to send payment by money order or cashiers check or how most of our members are doing it now and that's by your bank bill pay (let me know if you need details on how to do this). Only a few exceptions will be made for loooong time members to be able to send a personal check. Sorry about this extra hassle but the savings of paypal fees is reflected in the lower cost as well! Team assignments below are taken from our most recent case break group so please let me know if you are adding, dropping, or changing teams. With this break being after the draft, I ask that when you commit to taking a team that you stick to that team through this break regardless of whether they draft a guy you like or not.

Upcoming Casebreakers Schedule:
(subject to change - cost based on 22 teams claimed and 10 drafted);
2011 Donruss Elite (12 Box Case)
Release Date: June 16th // Cost: $52/$49 (and extra draft $12)
2011 Topps Inception (Two 8 Box Cases)
Release Date: July 13th // Cost: $62/$59 (and extra draft $17)
2011 Topps Jumbo (Two 6 Box Cases)
Release Date: July 28th // Cost: $48/$46 (and extra draft $12)

Product: 2011 Prestige 12 Box Case (Plus 2 boxes)
Cost: $38 ($36 for each addtl.)
Payment Deadline: May 20th
Published Release Date: May 25th
Break Date: May 27th either at Noon or 9pm - you decide!

Please remember Paypal will no longer be accepted. Please send Money Order or cashiers check to;
Chris Palmieri
1549 Sussex Place
Shakopee, MN 55379

Participant List:

49ers - 11Eleven11 -------------- PAID
Bears - Want2bet ---------------- PAID
Bengals - 19th Century Indy ---- PAID
Bills - Yodude91 ----------------- PAID
Broncos - MWS ------------------- PAID
Browns - Crpalmi ----------------- PAID
Bucaneers - KPit1978 ------------ PAID
Cardinals - Yzerisdaman --------- PAID
Chargers - BobKoning ------------ PAID
Chiefs - JoelWil ------------------ PAID
Colts - Hail24 -------------------- PAID
Cowboys - Yzerisdaman --------- PAID
Dolphins - MWS ------------------ PAID
Eagles - Synnstoxin -------------- PAID
Falcons - Want2Bet -------------- PAID
Giants - GoGiants78 ------------- PAID
Jaguars - NLR4434 --------------- PAID
Jets - FrankieFBCards ------------ PAID
Lions - Yzerisdaman -------------- PAID
Packers - Faulkrules -------------- PAID
Panthers - Yodude91 ------------- PAID
Patriots - NLR4434 --------------- PAID
Raiders -
Rams - NLR4434 ----------------- PAID
Ravens - Want2Bet --------------- PAID
Redskins - KPit1978 -------------- PAID
Saints - NLR4434 ----------------- PAID
Seahawks - Deantap ------------- PAID
Steelers - 11Eleven11 ----------- PAID
Texans - Barberromo ------------ PAID
Titans - Deantap ----------------- PAID
Vikings - Crpalmi ----------------- PAID

Draft Picks:

CZT APPROVED
faulkrules
Sweet...I'm BACK!!!
mspaugh04
Bears please.
nlr4434
Ah what the hey give me the Saints and Jaguars please
mspaugh04
After looking at the cheklist and not seeing many Bears at all, I wish I would have taken the Saints when they were open. Alot of good Brees potential in this product. I will switch from the Bears to the Texans and hope for a good #11 pick in the draft.
crpalmi
QUOTE(mspaugh04 @ Apr 18 2011, 02:22 AM)
After looking at the cheklist and not seeing many Bears at all, I wish I would have taken the Saints when they were open. Alot of good Brees potential in this product. I will switch from the Bears to the Texans and hope for a good #11 pick in the draft.

Updated.
Synnstoxin
Give me the eagles
GoGiants78
Where did you find the checklist?
crpalmi
QUOTE(Synnstoxin @ Apr 18 2011, 10:19 AM)
Give me the eagles

Welcome to the group!
faulkrules
QUOTE(GoGiants78 @ Apr 18 2011, 10:26 AM)
Where did you find the checklist?

I am also curious about this... unsure.gif
want2bet
Bears
mspaugh04
I'm an Idiot. I googled 2011 prestige checklist and didn't pay attention to what I was clicking on. I guess it was the 2010. The moral of the story hear is don't listen to anything I say when I'm sleep deprived.
crpalmi
If we stay as fiull as we are we may be looking at an extra couple boxes so I'll keep you posted as we get to payment time.

Also MWS, did you want to keep the Dolphins as I wasn't sure?
MWS
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Apr 19 2011, 11:19 AM)
If we stay as fiull as we are we may be looking at an extra couple boxes so I'll keep you posted as we get to payment time.

Also MWS, did you want to keep the Dolphins as I wasn't sure?

Yeah i'll keep them.
crpalmi
QUOTE(MWS @ Apr 19 2011, 09:22 AM)
Yeah i'll keep them.

Thanks Mike!
want2bet
Chris , I will go ahead and take the ravens and falcons in this break.
want2bet
Chris , I will go ahead and take the ravens and falcons in this break. (and the bears)
crpalmi
QUOTE(want2bet @ Apr 20 2011, 11:04 PM)
Chris , I will go ahead and take the ravens and falcons in this break. (and the bears)

Thanks, got you down.

With that we are full so no need for the draft picks. Next question is what you folks prefer. We can either adjust the cost down by $5.50 per slot and break the case, or knock the cost down by $1 per slot and add an extra 2 boxes on top of the case.

What are the opinions out there??
GoGiants78
2 Extra boxes is fine with me.

QUOTE(crpalmi @ Apr 21 2011, 12:10 PM)
Thanks, got you down.

With that we are full so no need for the draft picks. Next question is what you folks prefer. We can either adjust the cost down by $5.50 per slot and break the case, or knock the cost down by $1 per slot and add an extra 2 boxes on top of the case.

What are the opinions out there??

MWS
Adding Boxes is always a good idea.
crpalmi
I adjusted the price by a buck per slot and e'll add the extra two boxes. Want2bet is the only one to get payment in so far so you can take a buck off your next payment when you send for the other two teams you picked up.
crpalmi
Mspaugh04 has had to drop out so the Texans are available. Get them prior to the draft in case they pick up the next hot rookie!!
nflsam79
If the chiefs open up lmk please thanx
faulkrules
$$$ sent via bank - should arrive by 5/5

smile.gif
MWS
Payment sent for this and May hobby break.
nlr4434
JAGUARS THUMP THUMP
yodude91
payment mailed out today !
nlr4434
We got pictures
11eleven11
Payment sent for this and May High-End FB GB biggrin.gif
deantap
boat.gif payment on its way.....
GoGiants78
Payment sent.
faulkrules
user posted image
faulkrules
I think this will be the first 2011 product to be treated with the new 'rules' for distribution. It will be available to shops only for the first 2 weeks, then the online retailers will get it. In other words, we may have to wait till the 25th... sad.gif
crpalmi
QUOTE(faulkrules @ May 8 2011, 07:41 PM)
I think this will be the first 2011 product to be treated with the new 'rules' for distribution.  It will be available to shops only for the first 2 weeks, then the online retailers will get it.  In other words, we may have to wait till the 25th... sad.gif

Just looked on Blowout (where I ordered the case) and that is now what it shows...May 25th.
faulkrules
QUOTE(crpalmi @ May 8 2011, 07:43 PM)
Just looked on Blowout (where I ordered the case) and that is now what it shows...May 25th.

Yeah, I think that is how it is going to work going forward - we will have to wait 2 weeks after release. Hopefully the prices won't increase. You pre-ordered, right???
crpalmi
QUOTE(faulkrules @ May 8 2011, 08:36 PM)
Yeah, I think that is how it is going to work going forward - we will have to wait 2 weeks after release.  Hopefully the prices won't increase.  You pre-ordered, right???

Yep, it's already locked in.
nlr4434
Chris I think we are going to visit you finding a local shop or something as two weeks is gonna be a long time or we might need to adjust the future payment schedules to reflect this extra time as its gonna ##### having to have money tied up for a month with no break as you obviously know
faulkrules
If this is really live at the shops can somebody snag a checklist???
frankieFBcards
QUOTE(faulkrules @ May 8 2011, 09:41 PM)
I think this will be the first 2011 product to be treated with the new 'rules' for distribution.  It will be available to shops only for the first 2 weeks, then the online retailers will get it.  In other words, we may have to wait till the 25th... sad.gif

that's crazy !!!!!!!!! sadwalk.gif
GoGiants78
Not cool what they are doing. Releasing 2 weeks later is garbage.

QUOTE(faulkrules @ May 8 2011, 09:41 PM)

faulkrules
QUOTE(GoGiants78 @ May 18 2011, 07:39 AM)
Not cool what they are doing.  Releasing 2 weeks later is garbage.

Actually, the shops do not even have it yet. According to Panini it ships this week to shops...online sellers still must wait until 5/25. Either way, a checklist should be released soon.
faulkrules
More previews:

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2011/05...ust-see-images/

UPDATE: My local shop owner has been billed for his order and says the case should arrive by this weekend.
19th Century Indiana Jones
Whoops! Payment sent. ohmy.gif
faulkrules
QUOTE(faulkrules @ May 18 2011, 09:08 AM)
More previews:

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2011/05...ust-see-images/

UPDATE:  My local shop owner has been billed for his order and says the case should arrive by this weekend.

Orrrrrrr maybe not. It didn't arrive. I was probably wrong about the distribution thing...it just got delayed for 2 weeks. sad.gif
nlr4434
QUOTE(faulkrules @ May 21 2011, 11:52 AM)
Orrrrrrr maybe not.  It didn't arrive.  I was probably wrong about the distribution thing...it just got delayed for 2 weeks.  sad.gif

What I have heard from a Panini source is they are trying to get Mark Ingram and Cam Newton in the product as right now both of the last two Heisman winners have zero cards in this set

So there is a good chance we may see a "Mystery Card" redemption for either player in case they do permit their images or sign cards
WestCoastSkinsFan
I wouldn't worry too much about Cam. From Panini's blog: http://yfrog.com/h2x5ylqj
nlr4434
QUOTE(WestCoastSkinsFan @ May 21 2011, 02:38 PM)
I wouldn't worry too much about Cam. From Panini's blog: http://yfrog.com/h2x5ylqj

He agreed to sign with the agreement they would reach a contract
faulkrules
I can see why they would wait for Newton and Ingram. Good info! As long as we are on for next weekend!!!
crpalmi
QUOTE(faulkrules @ May 22 2011, 01:38 AM)
I can see why they would wait for Newton and Ingram.  Good info!  As long as we are on for next weekend!!!

I certainly hope so! Blowout called for the balance due from the original deposit saying it would release next week so I'm hopefull we get it in by Friday where we can break on Saturday. I'll keep you posted if I get a delivery date.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.