Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Wants: Topps '52 Mantle reprints
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Baseball > Baseball Trading
ffman
My father, whom I never got to meet, passed away when I was six months old of lung cancer. My mother told me of his baseball card collection, which burned in a house fire many years ago. There is no telling what his collection was worth, as it consisted of Ruths, Williams, Mantles, etc. There is one card that she knew he had that I've always wanted. Until I get a nice job in the accounting field I will never own it:

1952 Topps #311 Mickey Mantle RC

I've always liked Mantle, but definitely not because of his lifestyle (a drunk womanizer). It's been because of this card.

Fortunately, throughout the years Topps has released various reprints in some form (insert sets, base cards in new releases, etc). It is my goal to obtain as many 1952 #311 reprints as possible (trading only!). To this date, I have these:

1996 Topps Mantle Collection Card #2
2010 Topps Cards Your Mom Threw out #1

I will be trading for any others.
aceecards
in 2009 t206 I believe they did multiple reprints with different backgorunds
msw_sportscards
Cody,

Please send me your address. I have 2 variations of card #311 from the 2006 Topps '52 Rookie Edition.
ffman
Thanks Marc!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.