Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Let me give you a major heads up if you like money
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
drocksthaparty
Last year the Blindside came out and Michael Oher's cards skyrocketed because it was a feel good story.

Well let me be the first to tell you about the Jon Abbate story, he was a linebacker from Vandy that they are making a movie about him because of his brothers death. It will be another feel good story, Just remember I told you first here to start getting your cards out on him. They are going to sky rocket. This movie will win awards because of it's feel good story. It is called The 5th Quarter the Story about the Abbates.

His stuff is cheap right now on Ebay but in a few months this will be a major thing, it is set to come out soon. So be looking for his cards, I believe he has like 15-20 cards.

God Bless
drocksthaparty
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130964/
Tarasadie17
Same thing happened with Vince Papale (Invincible) and Jim Morris (The Rookie)... their cards went bonkers when the movies came out, and both still sell well...

...before the movies they were the stuff common bins are made of... laugh.gif
Johnny Number 5
I must look for sauce..

hahaha

j55555
drocksthaparty
yeah people are already listing his cards on Ebay, with buy it now's for like 5.00 and up

while there are still some lots on Ebay where they have 10 rookie cards of him for 1.99 plus shipping

Those 10 cards will sell for 1.99 each in a few weeks
Beavers98
Good info..

Gforce083
I just watched this movie last night as I came across it on Netflix. It reminded my how I saw this thread and went out and bought 10 Abbate rookies...that are still sitting in my junk rookie box. dry.gif

This was the worst movie I think I've seen! Very very poor acting...very awkward at times. Scene transitions were terrible and choppy throughout! This was not very well thought out and seemed like someone made a movie just to make a movie. I wasn't even inspired...it didn't even feel the families pain which would have allowed me, as the audience to engage with the family and Jon Abbate's "comeback" to football. Highly disappointed and even more so that I have 10 Abbate rookie cards...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.