Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: My IP Autograph Thread
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Show and Tell
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
otis0220
Hey guys, thought I would finally make a thread for autographs I get at games or the occasional signing. I would say for the past 4 years that obtaining autographs has become a big part of my life. I mostly get basketball and baseball, largely basketball lately. I have over 900 autographs (believe it or not) and had nearly 300 autographs last basketball season. So far this season I've gotten guys like Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, John Wall, Brandon Roy and hopefully I'll get Blake Griffin when I goto the game Friday night. I'll post pics of a few things later on but right now I'll start off with a signing my friend and I attended last night. We went to see Nets PF Kris Humphries at a car dealership and I got 2 cards and the yearbook signed.

user posted image

Hope everyone enjoys this thread! smile.gif
Gadsden86
Very nice. I do TTM autos and IP's when they are around. Its tons of fun.
otis0220
Here are some of the best ones I've gotten this year so far:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
edgerrin32
Very cool so far!! cool.gif

Hope to see more soon. smile.gif
cardcrazed
oh yeah this is going to be a really cool thread! Congrats and keep em coming!

Justin
otis0220
Thanks guys. Yep this thread will keep going as long as I am active here. Will post some more later on. If you wanna ask if I've gotten a certain person or other things, feel free to.
otis0220
So I went to the Nets/Clippers game tonight. Great comeback by the Nets and OT win. I only got 2 autos but thank god things went well after the game. Wasn't able to get Blake Griffin....he signed a bunch on one side when he came to warm-up but not for the side I was on. So here's how I did:

Mo Williams 1/2
Randy Foye 1/2
Asst coach Howard Eisley 1/1
Jamario Moon 2/2
Brian Cook 1/2
Ryan Gomes 2/2

user posted image

Next up: Monday, Celtics drop by
otis0220
Double post
pwolantern
Very nice, I can't wait to see more!
otis0220
OK I'm about to get in the arena. Wish me luck TCC!
otis0220
3/14

OK guys so I went to the Nets/Celtics game tonight. I did very well pre-game, got practically all of my autographs then. Only got 1 after the game, but it was the best one of the night. Also another great win for the Nets, making it 5 in a row.

Troy Murphy 2/2
Jeff Green 2/2
Tyronn Lue 2/2
Avery Bradley 1/1
Coach Armond Hill 1/1
Nenad Krstic 1/2
Carlos Arroyo 2/2

Outside after the game no one really signed, which is understandable. A couple may have signed if you asked them to. Paul Pierce was looking at my photo but he kept walking, probably because there were a bunch of people waiting. One person did sign however.....Ray Allen!

No sign of the O'Neals, Delonte West or Danny Ainge. I will post pics tomorrow morning...
cardcrazed
awesome success! Congrats!

Justin
otis0220
Thanks!

user posted image
user posted image

Just wish he would've signed it on a better spot....wasn't sure if I should use silver or gold but still cool nonetheless
otis0220
Now that I think about it, if I played the song "In The Air Tonight" on my phone when Kevin Garnett walked out, he may have stopped to sign... biggrin.gif

So for tonight my friend and I wanted to try and get the Pacers after the game. Turned out the players were leaving a different way this time around so we went over to try and get the Nets as they drive out. We got there at the right time as Jeff Foster of the Pacers was walking by. We missed a shot to get James Posey and the only Net that stopped his car was Sundiata Gaines. As we are leaving we walk past the front and my friend recognized someone with a few other people. It was just the person he wanted....Lance Stephenson! Unfortunately I had nothing for him but I did get a pic with him.

So here are the results for me:

Jeff Foster 2/2
Sundiata Gaines 1/1

user posted image

The next round for March Madness is in Newark so later in the week we are gonna try for the Sweet 16 teams, primarily UNC for me. Hopefully that goes well. Wish me luck and thanks for reading!
edgerrin32
Sweet. wink.gif
Silly
nice thread!
otis0220
Thanks guys. Well tonight we went after for the UNC/Kentucky game. Tough loss for UNC. My main reason to come after was for Carolina but unfortunately the Wildcats were coming through the sole bus boarding spot you can access. All I had for Kentucky were cards of Tony Delk and Rod Strickland, part of the staff. Some players signed but I didn't want to make anything for Kentucky. Thank God I was able to get Delk and Strickland, they were very friendly.

Delk 3/3
Strickland 2/2

user posted image

I also tried having a pic taken with one of the players that had the cutdown net around his neck but the camera died when he was trying to take it... sad.gif Despite the bitter cold and not getting any Tar Heels, this wasn't too bad of a first experience graphing the NCAA. Thanks for reading! More to come soon hopefully...
otis0220
Well guys, I'm going to my first Knicks game tonight! I cut my class for today and am on the bus right now on my way to NY to try to get the Knicks as they arrive. Wish me luck TCC!
edgerrin32
Good luck!!! Score something nice, because you got a F in class today for skipping. tongue.gif
otis0220
QUOTE(edgerrin32 @ Mar 30 2011, 12:06 PM)
Good luck!!! Score something nice, because you got a F in class today for skipping.  tongue.gif

Haha honestly my professor wouldn't care. If I told him what I was doing he'd probably wish me luck..
rnpurdue
Awesome on the Troy murphys! He was one of my favorite Pacers and would go out of his way to sign everything we had.
cardcrazed
awesome adds so far! Really happy to see you get some Wildcats to sign! Congrats and good luck!

Justin
otis0220
Thanks guys. And Matt, Troy's auto may not be too impressive but he is indeed a good.signer.
otis0220
OK guys a little late but here's my update. I really like MSG. When you are looking at the rest of the arena from the lower level it really looks small but man I just love how everything looks. Very good game overall. So here's how I did, I got all my autographs outside:

Jared Jeffries 1/2
Toney Douglas 1/2
Bill Walker 1/1 (Didn't realize I gave him my gold one laugh.gif )
Shawne Williams 1/2
Andy Rautins 1/1
Renaldo Balkman 2/2
Ronny Turiaf 2/2

user posted image

No sign of Kelly Tripucka. sad.gif Landry Fields also signed, was very friendly. By the time one of the big 3 got there, maybe 20 other people were waiting. I should've gotten Amare but he just never signed for me...people were crossing the street to try to get him but I didn't right away. Also wasn't able to get Billups or Carmelo, it was just bad....I really wish at least one of those guys came earlier. I'm definitely trying to go there one more time before the season ends. There will also be at least one update next week. Thanks for reading!
cardcrazed
WOWSERS! You are having some awesome success! You sure go to alot of games!

Justin
rnpurdue
Another strong signing with Jeff Foster. Heck of a nice guy. Whenever I would take the kids to see the Pacers, he recognized us and would stop and talk. Wish more basketball players were like him on and off the court. Great pick-ups!
otis0220
Thanks guys. Justin, I am fortunate enough to because the Nets stink lol. At least we have a team where you can get lower level seats cheap compared to our other sports. So for tomorrow its the Nets/Wolves and other than Kevin Love I absolutely need to get Kurt Rambis for my nearly impossible Hornets piece.
otis0220
I really hate unnecessary security...
otis0220
Sooo the night turned out pretty well in the end. Went to the Nets/TWolves game. Nets held off Minnesota to the very end. The big guy didn't make the trip (Kevin Love) but there was another big guy for me to get, head coach and former Hornet great biggrin.gif Kurt Rambis. We got there a few minutes late so we couldn't get as good of a spot as we'd like. It was just bad pre-game. I was only able to get Wayne Ellington and Luke Ridnour and Telfair didn't come back to sign for my spot. Prudential Center has had a ridiculous policy now for the past month. You have to go back to your seats 15 minutes earlier because one time, a person getting autos didn't let someone have their seat. The whole policy is unfair and unnecessary, that's not the only way to handle the situation...So anyway at this point I was really hoping we'd have access to the team bus after the game or else this night would be shot. The bus was there so things were looking good! Was able to get Telfair this time around, Jonny Flynn and Beasley. Bill Laimbeer came out but says that he doesn't sign... rolleyes.gif Reggie Theus came out and signed for everyone. Then while he was signing, HE came out...Kurt Rambis. He didn't look like he'd sign but then he dropped his things and signed. I was so glad....because I've heard he doesn't sign often. I say, "Hey, I've got this for you to sign Kurt" and he was pretty happy about it, he thought my 8x10 was great. It's stupid but I was a little nervous when I normally wouldn't be, I was a little short on words. And then to finish I got another coach, Darrick Martin. I had him waiting a little so I could get my card of him out but he was very nice about it. So this really made my day worth it...my first Hornet for my project.

Ellington 1/1
Ridnour 1/2
Telfair 1/2 (Same thing happened like Bill Walker last week...haha)
Flynn 1/1
Beasley 1/1
Reggie Theus 2/2
Rambis 1/1
Darrick Martin 1/1

I will try to get pics up tomorrow morning. And thanks for reading!
otis0220
user posted imageuser posted image

edgerrin32
Very cool!! And a bunch in one round congrats. cool.gif
Cardman123
Cool IP's, but forgive my ignorance if I'm asking a stupid question. What do the numbers (1/1, 2/2, 1/2) mean after the player's name in your posts?
otis0220
Thanks Jason and Joe. I don't think many knew what the numbers meant but I'm glad someone asked. It basically means how many things he signed for me each opportunity I had. So for example for Telfair, he signed one of the 2 cards I had out for him.
cardcrazed
very cool! Truly one of my favorite threads! Congrats on your success!

Justin
otis0220
Thanks alot Justin! Glad to see you say that. Well guys thought I would include this in my thread. Although I didn't get this, this was an in-person success for someone else. This just came in today:

user posted image

A Derrick Rose signed jersey! Few weeks ago I sold my first autograph, a slightly damaged cert of him for 300. Then after waiting for the right jersey I got this for 200 along with COA and proof. Would've gotten this for around 158 but it went up to 200 at the last second. Just need to find a frame for this eventually...
otis0220
OK so right now I'm on my way to the Garden to try and get the Knicks. There's a little rain so I hope that's the worst it gets. I have a couple playoff games at least to try again but I just decided to hop on the bus from school. I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a waste of time and money. Wish me luck TCC...
otis0220
OK so I'm on the bus home. It started out good, but then the rain came....for maybe 45 minutes, I can't really tell. A car drove in Amare and he didn't come back to sign. Of course the rain was gone just a few minutes later.....what luck. At least much fewer people were there compared to the other time. So here's who I got:

Sheldon Williams 2/2
Toney Douglas 1/1
Bill Walker 1/1 (This time in blue laugh.gif )
Roger Mason 1/1

Will post pics later. Thanks for dropping by.
ronaldinho0003
Sweet! Sorry 'bout the weather though...keep us updated!
otis0220
QUOTE(ronaldinho0003 @ Apr 12 2011, 08:03 PM)
Sweet! Sorry 'bout the weather though...keep us updated!

Let me tell you, I was VERY close to not going. But by the time I got off my first stop, the very brief heavy rain let up and I decided to take the next bus to NY. I was close to taking the bus back to school...
otis0220
user posted image
edgerrin32
Nice haul!! And that jersey is sweet. Having MJ flashbacks over here! laugh.gif tongue.gif
cardcrazed
and this thread just keeps getting sweeter, I hope I don't get a cavity!

Justin
otis0220
Corny but love it laugh.gif
otis0220
OK guys it's been some time but here's an update. So today I decided to go to Opening Day for the Newark Bears, a minor league team in the Can-Am league. This year they moved over from the Atlantic League, which is a higher level of minor league ball. Their new league favors younger players. So...the Bears lost because of a 6-run 10th inning but I still enjoyed the game. I also caught a foul ball. This is the first time I got a ball at any game! Well here's how I did (these are all coaches):

Dave LaPoint 1/1
Jim Leyritz 2/2
Ron Karkovice 2/2
Tim Raines 1/1 8x10
Damian Rolls 1/1

I've gotten Tim a few times in the past. I asked him to personalize it to me. I also asked if he could put 7 time all-star and he said no. laugh.gif But that's fine. I saw Damian signing a little after the game but I had nothing for him. I figured, hey why not have him sign the ball I caught? It's just a Can-Am ball so it fits.

user posted image

Thanks for following along.
rtsjr
sweet raines lmk if ever could get one for me
otis0220
I'll see what I can do.
rtsjr
thanks
cardcrazed
very nice IP luck! Keep em coming!

Justin
otis0220
QUOTE(cardcrazed @ May 31 2011, 02:22 PM)
very nice IP luck! Keep em coming!

Justin

Thanks, I'll try to. I really need to get to a couple of Mets games soon.
otis0220
Well guys right now I'm on my way to a Newark Bears game, just got on the 1st bus. I've really been debating whether I should go because there's a chance of t-storms and showers but I'm rolling the dice for today. My main target for today is Bill Buckner, manager for the Brockton Rox. Wish me luck with everything. And I just realized I forgot my camera!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.