Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: The Railsplitter Dispatches
Collector Zone > Collectibles > Autographs > TTM Addresses and Successes
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rnpurdue
This looked fun to me while reading all of your posts, so I thought I would give it a try. Sent an email to Scott Campbell, QB for Purdue and the Pittsburgh Steelers, and he returned a package to me in 12 days. Here is a list of people I am waiting on as of right now:

Dale Samuels: returned
Bob DeMoss: returned.

Will keep you guys updated.
stlramman
It is a blast,have fun & good luck!
cardcrazed
be prepared it is very addictivce! I'm sending about 4 or 5 envelopes a week! But yeah it is definitely a blast! Good luck and keep sending em out!

Justin
rnpurdue
Request sent to Dwight Freeney.
rnpurdue
Found a package with my name on it yesterday, post marked West Lafayette. Bob DeMoss, Purdue QB, signed my Purdue mini-helmet. Wrote a nice thank you letter, returned the donation. DeMoss played for the NY Bulldogs in the NFL, and coached Len Dawson and Bob Griese in college. He is the first of the 12 cradle of QB's at Purdue. biggrin.gif .
cardcrazed
Congrats on the awesome return! Keep sending em out!

Justin
rnpurdue
Signed 8x10 from HOF Dan Fouts. The first in what hopefully becomes a long collection of signed QB's pics for my oldest son. I will post pics when I return from vacation.
whalerfan
Quality return from Fouts, congrats!
rnpurdue
Back from vacation today. Had 2 mailers and 1 box waiting for me. Rick Mount signed an SI cover with him on it. The other mailer had a pic of Chuck Bednarik laying out Frank Gifford. Personalized it to my youngest son John..."This f.....ing game is over, Frank". I explained to him John was 4, so I appreciated the PG personalization laugh.gif . The box contained a Purdue mini helmet signed by Dale Samuels, one of the cradle of QB's from Purdue. I now have signed helmets from all 12 Purdue QB's who played in the NFL. Will post pics at the end of the weekend.
whalerfan
Nice - let's see some scans! I see that Bednarik is now in the hospital...
rnpurdue
QUOTE(whalerfan @ Mar 25 2011, 08:45 PM)
Nice - let's see some scans! I see that Bednarik is now in the hospital...

I know. What timing on my part. Looks like he was barking at the doctors to get out. laugh.gif He is still one tough dude at his old age.
cardcrazed
extremely awesome returns! The "Cradle" Collection is pretty impressive, nice to see it completed! So what is next?

Justin
rnpurdue
Lawrence Taylor signed Super Bowl ticket
Bruce Smith signed Super Bowl ticket

Coach Keady 5x7 pic.

I know, I need to post some pics. I will on my next day off.
cardcrazed
You killed these TTM's! Congrats!

Justin
edgerrin32
Very nice returns!!! Congrats. cool.gif
rnpurdue
Coach Keady...
user posted image
rnpurdue
Dale Samuels and Bob DeMoss signed mini-helmets.......

user posted image

user posted image
rnpurdue
Dan Fouts....
user posted image
rnpurdue
Rick Mount, the first highschooler to grace SI's cover....

user posted image
rnpurdue
And my favorite so far......

user posted image
cardcrazed
yeah the Bednarik is my favorite! pretty awesome!

Justin
rnpurdue
2 more in last night.....8x10 photo personalized to my oldest son of ND coach Ara Parseghian and another signed Purdue mini helmet of Purdue college QB turned MLB player Bernie Allen.
rnpurdue
Received a personalized Dick Butkus 8x10 to my youngest son. He also added his own autographed card (the HOF Signature Series card by Ron Mix).
cardcrazed
very impressive return! Congrats! keep sending em out!

Justin
rnpurdue
Denied by fellow Boilermaker, Bob Griese. Guess I have to spend money for his auto.
cardcrazed
That stinks! Was it a RTS or did you get the "Too Busy" note? Keep sending em out!

Justin
rnpurdue
QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Apr 18 2011, 07:44 PM)
That stinks! Was it a RTS or did you get the "Too Busy" note? Keep sending em out!

Justin

I got nothing. No too busy note, no RTS. He opened it, and mailed it back. mad.gif At least I got it back in a timely manner. Looks like most people have been waiting for nearly a year.
whalerfan
I've seen several recent successes, maybe try it again...
rnpurdue
Bruce Smith SB ticket.....
user posted image
rnpurdue
Lawrence Taylor SB ticket.....
user posted image
rnpurdue
Another Boilermaker QB (played for the Minnesota Twins though)....
user posted image
rnpurdue
Notre Dame coach Ara....
user posted image
rnpurdue
Butkus x2
user posted image
user posted image
rnpurdue
Recieved an Al Kaline signed baseball for my daughter's 3000 hitter collection, and a personalized football for my youngest son from Ed Too Tall Jones! Pics later.
whalerfan
You can't go wrong with Kaline - congrats!
cardcrazed
WOWSERS! awesome successes! Congrats and keep sending em!

Justin
rnpurdue
Mail box was overflowing today......
Johnny Rodgers personalized 8x10
Joe Thiesman personalized 8x10
"Mean" Joe Green personalized 8x10
Deacon Jones signed football
Shaq personalized 8x10
Bob Lilly personalized 8x10
Lou Brock signed basball
Bob Gibson signed HOF postcard plaque
Mark Herrmann signed Purdue mini helmet with HOF inscription
Warren Moon signed 8x10

AND

A doctor I work with bought me (my daughter) a signed Willie Mays baseball for her 3000 hit collection!

Postman was holding out on me. He must have known my birthday is tomorrow and wanted to surprise me.
cardcrazed
MAN! That is some incredible B-day mail TTM style!!!! Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Justin
Gadsden86
Wow congrats. I am been VERY slow as of late. Gonna send at least 10 out on monday.
rnpurdue
Three more TTM's in todays mail.....
3 personalized Tony Dungy 8x10's
Yale Lary signed TAMU mini helmet
Dirk Nowitzki signed Germany Olympic jersey
rnpurdue
user posted image
rnpurdue
user posted image
rnpurdue
user posted image
rnpurdue
user posted image
rnpurdue
user posted image
rnpurdue
A note on the Tony Dungy scripture.....I wrote him a letter explaing some personal matters (not going into much detail at all) and how I recently turned to God and my life has since changed for the better. I told him how I try to live my life by another verse: Matthew 7:17. It says basically to be a tree that produces good fruit. Matthew 7:13-14 states the road to eternal happiness goes through a narrow gate, not a wide one. I have found this to be very inspirational for me, as well as applicable. Thank you Mr. Dungy.
rnpurdue
user posted image
gregorium
Wow! Nice returns.
cardcrazed
WOWSERS those are some killer autos!

Justin
whalerfan
Amazing additions, congrats! I bet you had to super size your mailbox...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.