Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Grolier Story of America Cards
Collector Zone > Non-Sports Cards > Entertainment
bob_TCC
Just curious if anyone else collects the Grolier Story of America cards - either by having been enrolled in the monthly program or through purchases via eBay, etc.?

Here's a current eBay Auction (Item number: 290042778175) to see what they look like.

Personally, I have hundreds and hundreds of these. I may have to pull some and scan them to give a better feel for what they look like.

-Bob
bob_TCC
Here's an image (from eBay) of some...

user posted image

-Bob
aceecards
I got some of those free in the mail wishing me to subscribe to the series..

also got dinosaur ones!!
aceecards
That genre started out as recipe cards.. I can remember my mom getting those recipe cards when I was a kid!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(aceecards @ Oct 24 2006, 02:09 PM)
I got some of those free in the mail wishing me to subscribe to the series..

Yep. That's how I got started with them. Do you still have them? Did you get any of the ones with athletes?

-Bob
aceecards
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 24 2006, 01:11 PM)
Yep.  That's how I got started with them.  Do you still have them?  Did you get any of the ones with athletes?

-Bob

I dont know.. They are probably in madison's pokemon card box still!! laugh.gif and who knows where that is...
cjb1977
I havent see those kind of cards for over 20 years
bob_TCC
QUOTE(cjb1977 @ Oct 24 2006, 03:18 PM)
I havent see those kind of cards for over 20 years

Did you see them as collectibles or cards like them in school?

-Bob
cjb1977
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 25 2006, 02:56 PM)
Did you see them as collectibles or cards like them in school?

-Bob

more as an educational tool. I got them from my grandmother who was a teacher.
joshuaplatt
I am a collector of memorabilia relating to women in baseball, specifically the AAGPBL (A League of Their Own). I own the Ila Borders card from this series (check out this auction for the image of the card: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...DME:B:AAQ:US:1).

Are there others made by Grolier relating to women in baseball or the AAGPBL? Where might I obtain a series checklist?

Thanks for your help! Josh
kc_royals_fan_5
Those are neat! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.