Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Lions Must Do Better Than The Packers Next Year
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Football
yilduz
So, I'm a Lions fan. My brother-in-law is a Packers fan. We were giving each other a hard time about the two teams (he had a much easier time than me) and I was talking about how the Lions ended the season on a four-game winning streak, and that they were improving so much that they'd place better than Green Bay in the standings next season. Well, this eventually turned into a bet.

So... I need all Detroit fans to focus as much chi on our Lions as you can afford. If the Lions do not place better than Green Bay in the standings next season, I'll be making a walk through Wal-Mart in a dress. However, if the Lions do hold a better standings position at the end of the season, my brother-in-law will be in the dress. Help me out, this is not a bet I wish to lose.
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(yilduz @ Jan 17 2011, 07:09 PM)
Help me out, this is not a bet I wish to lose.

I am afraid that is not a bet you should have made.... laugh.gif

Make sure you post pics please.... wink.gif
sportscollectoroz
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Jan 17 2011, 06:13 PM)
I am afraid that is not a bet you should have made....  laugh.gif

I must agree . . .

QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Jan 17 2011, 06:13 PM)
Make sure you post pics please....  wink.gif

. . . but not on this part. laugh.gif

Oz
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Jan 17 2011, 09:13 PM)
I am afraid that is not a bet you should have made....  laugh.gif

Make sure you post pics please....  wink.gif

Heck...let me know, I will come check you out in person....laugh.gif
mjda
I did lose a bet on my Cowboys this year (I bet they'd be in the Super Bowl), but at least I didn't have to wear a dress. laugh.gif I only have to hold the SB party at my house and provide all the food.
joe31
I honestly think the Lions have a shot at this. They just need a couple more pieces in their secondary and Stafford and Best to stay healthy for a full year. They arnt that far away.
nuhuskers
I'm a lions fan as well and I would have dodged this bet. We need some corners and and offensive play caller. How do you not score with the offensive players we already have? They need to draft suh's defensive buddy Prince Amukamara with their first pick. That would be sweet and fill a big gap in the secondary.
joe31
QUOTE(nuhuskers @ Jan 20 2011, 04:55 PM)
I'm a lions fan as well and I would have dodged this bet.  We need some corners and and offensive play caller.  How do you not score with the offensive players we already have?  They need to draft suh's defensive buddy Prince Amukamara with their first pick.  That would be sweet and fill a big gap in the secondary.

I highly doubt he will be available at 13. Maybe we could trade up and get him. That would be nice. But yeah, we do need a new offensive play caller. With Best, Morris, Scheffler, Pettigrew, Calvin, and Burleson, you think youd be able to put some points on the board.
edgerrin32
Good luck wearing the dress. Sorry. huh.gif
Lew47
Yikes...

Well, it is Wal-Mart. You might not get noticed.

chopinalex
QUOTE(Lew47 @ Jan 20 2011, 04:41 PM)
Yikes...

haha so true
Tarasadie17
QUOTE(Lew47 @ Jan 20 2011, 03:41 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Nicely done....
edgerrin32
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Very true!

But you could also end up on "peopleofwalmart.com" wink.gif So might want to make it a fast trip at say 3 in the morning!! laugh.gif tongue.gif

The Lions honestly have the talent to make the playoffs they just cant get it done. Didn't they lose like 4 games by like 3-4 points? Or maybe that was the year before. And then there was like the missed feild goal that would have won a game for them. Just little things, but at the wrong times. So I think they could do it, but just don't think they will. You know?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.