Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: address gripe
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Suggestion Box
nuhuskers
I have a huge gripe that drives me nuts. Does no one use the address in your transactions or perhaps not know it is there. I have mine listed but it seems like I still have to send it via pm to most of those I have a transaction with. Many times I go in and the other person doesn't have theirs listed. then I have to send a pm and wait for a response. To me it would save so many people a little time if they would list theirs and look in the transaction for the other persons. Instead we have to exchange addresses via pm when the site provides the feature for us. There's my gripe. Time to move on.
Thanks
Tarasadie17
I know it is there...several years ago I sent to an address listed like that without checking first... came to find out it was an old address and the card was never forwarded or returned to me... so now I always check.

The card was a 1998 Topps Chrome Randy Moss rookie card by the way, and it was a prize for a member.... it wasn't a huge loss, but it still was a bummer...

QUOTE(nuhuskers @ Dec 19 2010, 04:22 PM)
I have a huge gripe that drives me nuts.  Does no one use the address in your transactions or perhaps not know it is there.  I have mine listed but it seems like I still have to send it via pm to most of those I have a transaction with.  Many times I go in and the other person doesn't have theirs listed.  then I have to send a pm and wait for a response.  To me it would save so many people a little time if they would list theirs and look in the transaction for the other persons.  Instead we have to exchange addresses via pm when the site provides the feature for us.  There's my gripe.  Time to move on.
Thanks

boomersooner24
i try to keep a rolodex of people i have dealt with makes it easier
urbanmonk
QUOTE(Tarasadie17 @ Dec 19 2010, 03:39 PM)
I know it is there...several years ago I sent to an address listed like that without checking first... came to find out it was an old address and the card was never forwarded or returned to me... so now I always check.

The card was a 1998 Topps Chrome Randy Moss rookie card by the way, and it was a prize for a member.... it wasn't a huge loss, but it still was a bummer...

Yes and been a few transactions where address was wrong in their profile, either moved and forgot or entered it wrong. Why I always get it via PM to verify (and save the PM in case any issues until transaction complete). Also I prefer not to have my address out there on a site somewhere (even though I think only your trading partner and CZT can see it), but that is just me.

QUOTE(boomersooner24 @ Dec 19 2010, 04:08 PM)
i try to keep a rolodex of people i have dealt with makes it easier

I have a spiral notebook that I do the same with, except my box break folks I have a document file on my puter for them. But same I always verify that their address is still the same, only use the notebook if I want to send "surprises" wink.gif
road_runner_1964
QUOTE(urbanmonk @ Dec 19 2010, 07:15 PM)

I have a spiral notebook that I do the same with, except my box break folks I have a document file on my puter for them.  But same I always verify that their address is still the same, only use the notebook if I want to send "surprises" wink.gif

I have about the same, but file is out dated. My paper folder is about three inches thick, as I stuff newly received addresses in it. Upcoming holiday season, may buy me time to udpate it.
edgerrin32
Yea I kinda agree it should be filled in! I have checked many times and its not there, but I also kinda like the idea of checking with my trading partner to make sure I got the right one! Same as when I take paypal payment on here, I have had a couple times where there was one thing listed on there a different on here and they wanted me to ship to a different address then those 2! So its better to be safe then sorry, but would be a lot easier if everyone kept up with little things like that! wink.gif smile.gif
Beavers98
It's always good to check....Like some have mentioned it could be wrong, an old address whatever.... Better safe than sorry..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.