Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Pay It Forward XIII
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Contests and Giveaways
WestCoastSkinsFan
Oddly enough, part 1 of this contest had only one entry: rtsjr. I talked with him about it and gave him the option of the prize or, like the contest name says, paying it forward.

That leads us to where we are now! Brought to you by WestCoastSkinsFan and rtsjr, I present to you... Pay It Forward XIII Version 2.0!

This concept, started by jwman92 (and restarted by mjda) is quite simple. The host runs a contest, of his/her choice, and determines a winner. He/She will then send a package of cards to the winner, who in turn must host the next "Pay It Forward" contest.

1. The winner of this contest must host the next "Pay It Forward" contest.
2. When the host selects a winner for their contest they must send at least 1 game-used card.
3. The host must also send the winner at least 1 card from the package they received from the "Pay It Forward" contest that they won.
4. The host MUST include these rules in their contest post, and they should be in bold.

Here are the links to the past "Pay It Forward" contests.

Pay It Forward I
Pay It Forward II
Pay It Forward III
Pay It Forward IV
Pay It Forward V
Pay It Forward VI
Pay It Forward VII
Pay It Forward VIII
Pay It Forward IX
Pay It Forward X
Pay It Forward XI
Pay It Forward XII

The Rules:

Much simpler this time around! All you need to do is this:

-Guess the total amount of TCC transactions for both WestCoastSkinsFan AND rtsjr during the month of February.
-Only transactions COMPLETED during the month will count!
-The Price is Right rules are in effect: closest guess without going over wins.
-Guesses accepted until the end of the day on February 7th! No post editing, please.

The Prize:

In addition to much of the last prize package, I'll also be including every baseball card I own EVERY BASEBALL CARD I OWN! This included about half a dozen GU (seen in my bucket) and a rather sizable box full of inserts, RCs, parallels and the like. I got a little caught up in the Strasburg craziness this year, and I'd rather have them go to a good home than have them gather dust! This will end up being a 4-sport prize pack, based on the prizes from the last contest.

Also, you have the honor of hosting the next "Play It Forward"!

Current Guesses:

captkirk42 - 59
catcherball - 27
nolan34ryan - 36
mjda
Yes! I love this contest, Sam. This is EXACTLY what this contest was always supposed to be about. Helping out other collectors. I love it!!
osufan2383
rtsjr sent me a nice package of rookies for the contest
WestCoastSkinsFan
C'mon guys, I've seen plenty of people do great things for each other on TCC. Only one entry so far?
edgerrin32
I to have seen a lot of great things lately! No matter how bad times have been this last year, there is still a lot of kindness going around and that is more important then the gifts! Although those are nice to. smile.gif
WestCoastSkinsFan
The first post now has a BRAND NEW contest! Guesses will be accepted up February 7th! Given that rtsjr trades so much, even knowing what his first week of transactions won't help!

No post editing, please!
captkirk42
EEK! I have no idea on this. OK with the hint that rtsjr tends to have tons o trades each month my original thoughts will have to be tripled or something, and it still might be too low. OK so is this supposed to be combined or both individual?

Anyway lets make a very wild guess:

rtsjr 36
WestcoastSkinsFan 23

Grand Total 59 February Transactions.
WestCoastSkinsFan
Kirk, it's the combined total I've got you down for 59. Thanks for the guess!
catcherball
First time trying this out.............would love to host the next contest, gonna guess 27
nolan34ryan
My guess is
WestCoastSkinsFan
Only 3 guesses, and 4 days to go!

This will be a BIG prize pack. It's well-worth the 10-15 seconds or do to make your guess!
WestCoastSkinsFan
Well, 3 entries is better than the 1 we had last time. Entries are locked, and I can only hope the next person to run Pay It Forward has better luck than me.

Let's see how active rtsjr and I are for trading/selling for the month!
catcherball
whats the current count?
WestCoastSkinsFan
4 on my end, 7 for rtsjr. We're at 11 total right now.
catcherball
Any chance you will stop for the rest of the month, I'd love to host this contest!:)
catcherball
whats the update? smile.gif
WestCoastSkinsFan
Hilariously, if this were The Price Is Right, you'd all be re-bidding. Between rtsjr and I, we only had 25 transactions for February. Definitely a slow month on both sides of things!

I just can't get a clear winner! I was going to random this off to the entrants, but considering that one was VERY close, I'm going to go ahead and declare a winner: catcherball.

Congratulations, man! PM me your address, and we'll finally get this moving to a new person!
catcherball
BOOOOOOMMM!!!! I'm pumped!! Gonna make the post for the next contest either this weekend or next! Thanks!
WestCoastSkinsFan
Psssst... still need your address so I can send you your prize!
MaddenRq53
I'll guess 53
captkirk42
Congrats Catcherball! clapping.gif
WestCoastSkinsFan
According to my tracking number, Catcherball has a treasure trove awaiting him!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.