Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Seller with tons of fakes!!! Please pay attention!
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
edgerrin32
I found this seller with tons of fakes!!! Please pay attention here! These are fake, they are made buy taking a topps chrome or finest card soaking them in super hot water and pealing off the backs!!! I don't care what the seller of these say THEY ARE ALL 100% fake!!!!

A link to one of the auctions but the seller has tons of others of these and other fakes! I think this is one of the IDs used buy the famous card faker "Kevin Burge"! If you don't know that name PLEASE GOOGLE IT!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1999-PLATE-PROOF-FINES...=item5d2a116d92

Here is a link to how there cards are made! This is for educational purposes only!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLN7i1qWldk
2006BowmanDraftFan
What is his secret for the UD Jersey Proof cards? He claims they are a blank back, but none of them show the back.

To me, it would be pretty easy to rip out a jersey piece and peel off the back of a card, but it would look terrible.
joe31
Thanks for the heads up!
edgerrin32
QUOTE(2006BowmanDraftFan @ Jul 25 2010, 05:48 AM)
What is his secret for the UD Jersey Proof cards?  He claims they are a blank back, but none of them show the back.

To me, it would be pretty easy to rip out a jersey piece and peel off the back of a card, but it would look terrible.

I'm not really sure! That why I was looking at his stuff! There was a Edgerrin "proof" they had that I looked at! They could also just print out a card that looks like the real ones! But im not really sure what they did or if those are real? One thing I do know if a seller is selling some fakes then theres a good chance other things they are selling are fake as well! wink.gif
über
Yeah, these have been known to be fake for years. I don't think it's Kevin Burge, but they're done by a former member of TCC and other forums who I have dealt with before. He denies using this tactic.
aceecards
lol..

old news old trick.

buyer beware!
edgerrin32
This is old news! But people are still buying them!! So the problem is not being fixed! dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.