Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Alex Brink PC
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Show and Tell
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Cool_Hand_Flash
Alex Brink, now a former NFL QB. Drafted by the Texans in the 7th round, tried out for the Jets and now plays in the CFL.

Going to go for getting as much as possible with him.. Not sure if I'm going supercollecting here... Might be.. might not biggrin.gif

Stats:

Total cards: 270 - Unique cards: 56/119

Misc stuff: 2 signed 8x10's

And unlike most supercollectors.. if people I know needs a dupe for a set.. It might be let go smile.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
First card in the thread, and possibly the best one just of him..

user posted image

Got this in the first group break I was ever in, crpalmi's may break in 09.
babybraves05
Nice! Hard to fathom that my Super Collection is of a player of a higher status than someone else's =)

Nice card!!!

SCRUB QB's FTW!!!
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(babybraves05 @ Jun 6 2010, 02:27 AM)
Nice! Hard to fathom that my Super Collection is of a player of a higher status than someone else's =)

Nice card!!!

SCRUB QB's FTW!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif Somebody's gotta collect 'em right? wink.gif
Nine
Sweet Exquisite card!
Beavers98
Nice Card...Why Brink??
geauxcrotigers
Congrats on the fast start!

Just curious whats the connection with him?
osufan2383
nice cards
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(Nine @ Jun 6 2010, 12:49 PM)
Sweet Exquisite card!

Thanks Terence, it's my fave card of his so far... also if I count the ones on the way.

QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Jun 7 2010, 03:13 AM)
nice cards

Only the one so far, but the ones incoming are nice as well biggrin.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(Beavers98 @ Jun 6 2010, 09:57 PM)
Nice Card...Why Brink??

QUOTE(geauxcrotigers @ Jun 7 2010, 03:06 AM)
Congrats on the fast start!

Just curious whats the connection with him?

Thanks guys smile.gif

To answer the both of you.. I'd love to lay out a story like "I know him" or "I have family from where he played college" or something like that. The only connection there is, is I got that card in Crpalmi's high-end break and thought "Alex Brink??!! Who in the world is Alex Brink??!!" The I saw some vids of him and I liked the way he played, have been keeping a eye on him since then and just the other day, I decided to collect him smile.gif Simple as that biggrin.gif
Nine
QUOTE(Cool_Hand_Flash @ Jun 7 2010, 01:44 PM)
Thanks guys smile.gif

To answer the both of you.. I'd love to lay out a story like "I know him" or "I have family from where he played college" or something like that. The only connection there is, is I got that card in Crpalmi's high-end break and thought "Alex Brink??!! Who in the world is Alex Brink??!!" The I saw some vids of him and I liked the way he played, have been keeping a eye on him since then and just the other day, I decided to collect him smile.gif Simple as that biggrin.gif

It's always interesing to find out the reason a less than obvious player is being collected.
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(Nine @ Jun 8 2010, 01:09 AM)
It's always interesing to find out the reason a less than obvious player is being collected.

Speaking of interesting, the total number of incoming cards is 17! including several autos cool.gif
flea
Who's he play with in Canada?
Nine
QUOTE(Cool_Hand_Flash @ Jun 8 2010, 01:43 AM)
Speaking of interesting, the total number of incoming cards is 17! including several autos  cool.gif

NICE!
cardcrazed
very nice start to the collection and awesome reason to start collecting him! Congrats and can't wait to see some updates!

Justin
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(flea @ Jun 8 2010, 09:58 AM)
Who's he play with in Canada?

The Winipeg Blue Bombers smile.gif

QUOTE(Nine @ Jun 8 2010, 11:30 AM)
NICE!

YES! tongue.gif

QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Jun 8 2010, 04:50 PM)
very nice start to the collection and awesome reason to start collecting him! Congrats and can't wait to see some updates!

Justin

Thanks Justin smile.gif
crpalmi
I can relate being a Charlie Frye guy myself! Nice start but if this leads to you laying down big money (hard to believe it would with this guy - but you never know) don't blame this obsession on me! Last thing I need is Vibe emailing me cussing me out in Dutch for turning you to the drak side.

That being said...I'll check if I have any Brink at home and will send it your way if I do. Looking forward to seeing some more updates as you build this PC. Do you know how many different cards he has out there??
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jun 8 2010, 06:19 PM)
I can relate being a Charlie Frye guy myself! Nice start but if this leads to you laying down big money (hard to believe it would with this guy - but you never know) don't blame this obsession on me! Last thing I need is Vibe emailing me cussing me out in Dutch for turning you to the drak side.

That being said...I'll check if I have any Brink at home and will send it your way if I do. Looking forward to seeing some more updates as you build this PC. Do you know how many different cards he has out there??

So many things to comment in one post! laugh.gif

First: Thanks Chris, and thanks for looking through your stuff for me smile.gif

Second: As far as number of cards go, beckett.com says 119 different ones.. so, I guess there's 119 tongue.gif

Third: Vibe is waaay to nice to cuss anybody out smile.gif BUT! If she does.. It'll most likely be in Danish seeing as we're.. Danish tongue.gif laugh.gif (I do know some Dutch, but not enough to write an entire rant in an email wink.gif )

And fourth: The Dark Side is the best side Chris devil.gif starwars.gif
crpalmi
QUOTE(Cool_Hand_Flash @ Jun 8 2010, 11:37 AM)

Vibe is waaay to nice to cuss anybody out smile.gif BUT! If she does.. It'll most likely be in Danish seeing as we're.. Danish tongue.gif laugh.gif

Oh sure...throw the nationalistic pride thing in my face wink.gif
By the way is there room for a "Man Cave" in your new place so you can display all these PC's?
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(crpalmi @ Jun 8 2010, 07:21 PM)
Oh sure...throw the nationalistic pride thing in my face  wink.gif
By the way is there room for a "Man Cave" in your new place so you can display all these PC's?

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh yes, there is a room just for me cool.gif My uncle joked and said I should charge admission when people wanna see it, with all the cards, figures, statues, movies and so on laugh.gif
Beavers98
QUOTE(Cool_Hand_Flash @ Jun 7 2010, 12:44 PM)
Thanks guys smile.gif

Fair enough. Just as good of a reason as any
edgerrin32
Sweetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! Congrats on the new PC start. And it sounds like it should be one that you might one day be able to finish!
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(edgerrin32 @ Jun 11 2010, 02:34 PM)
Sweetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! Congrats on the new PC start. And it sounds like it should be one that you might one day be able to finish!

My thoughts exactly biggrin.gif I really hope I can finish it, got 11 cards the other day, just need to scan them cool.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Scanning done! Update galore on the way cool.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Okay so the next ones may get a little bit boring to some, as there's some base mixed in with the autos tongue.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Starting with Bowman

Regular
user posted image

Gold border
user posted image

Chrome
user posted image
Cool_Hand_Flash
Some UD

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Cool_Hand_Flash
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Cool_Hand_Flash
A numbered Leaf Limited - 546/999
user posted image
Cool_Hand_Flash
And here's the autos I got the past week, first of 5 smile.gif

user posted image
Cool_Hand_Flash
2nd of the 5..
user posted image
cardcrazed
super sweet additions to the PC! By the way Base can be just as nice as autos! Keep em coming!

Justin
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Jun 16 2010, 06:18 PM)
super sweet additions to the PC! By the way Base can be just as nice as autos! Keep em coming!

Justin

biggrin.gif Thanks Justin
Cool_Hand_Flash
The other three autos..

Spx 75/399
user posted image
Cool_Hand_Flash
4th one..

Spx 59/199
user posted image
Cool_Hand_Flash
And the fifth one

picked up the pattern yet? tongue.gif

Spx 3/25
user posted image

There's also one /99, and I'm guessing that there are 1/1's in this set? Bob knows if there is tongue.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
And today I got a real nice exquisite #'d 12/30, will scan and add it later smile.gif
ronaldinho0003
Nice additions, Mark! Looking good.
edgerrin32
Very very nice updates! And yes with a player collection, base are just as important and autos and game-used! Just not as nice or expensive. But still very important! Other wise its like peanut-butter with no jelly! laugh.gif Catch my drift. biggrin.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Thanks guys smile.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Really like this one, got it yesterday.

#'d 12/30
user posted image
osufan2383
sweet addition
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(osufan2383 @ Jun 21 2010, 05:00 PM)
sweet addition

Thanks smile.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Got this a few days ago.

Dual with Jacoby Jones #'d 12/30
user posted image
flea
Nice dual
cardcrazed
thats a cool addition to the collection! Congrats!

Justin
babybraves05
Who would've thought that of 2 player on a card, Alex Brink would be the main attraction? Haha, outstanding last 2 cards, I LOVE that exquisite! It's a beautiful card!!!

Congratz!
Cool_Hand_Flash
QUOTE(flea @ Jun 24 2010, 01:20 PM)
Nice dual

Thanks biggrin.gif

QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Jun 24 2010, 04:58 PM)
thats a cool addition to the collection! Congrats!

Justin

Thanks to you as well biggrin.gif

QUOTE(babybraves05 @ Jun 24 2010, 05:28 PM)
Who would've thought that of 2 player on a card, Alex Brink would be the main attraction? Haha, outstanding last 2 cards, I LOVE that exquisite! It's a beautiful card!!!

Congratz!

laugh.gif laugh.gif Thanks, and I agree 100% those exquisite's are b-e-a-utiful tongue.gif
Cool_Hand_Flash
Two new autos for your viewing pleasure. I've got a lot incoming currently, including my first dupes, but what nice dupes they are! biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image
cardcrazed
ooooooohhhh I like that sign of the times! very nice! I think I may start my own Alex Brink PC because he has some sweet cards! Just kidding Congrats on the impressive collection!

Justin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.