Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: My Ttm Thread
Collector Zone > Collectibles > Autographs > TTM Addresses and Successes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
cardcrazed
Thank you! Yeah you can't get them back if you don't send them out! I was wondering if Edgerrin James signs stuff, would like to send him something!

Justin
cardcrazed
Well I was pretty excited when I got an envelope in the mail and I saw the "MT" initials in the upper left hand corner of the envelope! It was from current linebacker for the Fighting Irish Manti Te'o!!!! Upon further examination he signed the toploader...........oh well I guess it adds character to my collection! Still excited, I just put it in a team bag to protect it.

Manti Te'o - 1/1 - 14 days (he does have a pretty cool autograph)

Justin

gregorium
Better than nothing! At least you are sure he signs and can try again without the toploader.
cardcrazed
QUOTE(gregorium @ May 13 2011, 05:10 PM)
Better than nothing!  At least you are sure he signs and can try again without the toploader.

True!

Justin
cardcrazed
Today I received 2 envelopes! The first one is from George Kunz All American Tackle from Notre Dame. Kunz was drafted by the Falcons with their 1st round pick (#2 overall), he later played 5 years with the Baltimore Colts. He inscribed this card Co-Captain '68, very sweet! The second envelope is from Anthony Johnson former RB for ND and a 2nd round draft selection by the Indianapolis Colts in 1990! In 1989 he scored 11 TD's for the Irish! Now he is now a Minister for the Jaguars. Another pretty cool auto! Overall a very nice TTM day, I am super excited to end the cold streak!

George Kunz - 1/1 - 5 days!
Anthony Johnson - 2/2 - 11 days!

Justin
rnpurdue
About time. Geez, nearly 3 weeks. laugh.gif
cardcrazed
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ May 31 2011, 07:17 PM)
About time.  Geez, nearly 3 weeks.  laugh.gif

I know! Tell me about it, the wait was aweful tongue.gif

Justin
cardcrazed
Yesterday I went to Churchill to try my luck with the ponies(no such luck). After I blew all my money I got the idea I would like to try and grab an auto of some of my favorite jockeys. So after the 8th race I sprint from my seat down to where the jockeys leave the track, so I get a good spot along the wall and am asking the jockeys as they walk by but most are just giving me looks like I'm crazy until I hear this voice say "Buddy I'll sign your ticket", it was none other than Calvin Borel my favorite Jockey!!!! I was super excited that he signed my losing ticket! Just thought I would share my awesome experience at the track!

Justin
whalerfan
Nice additions, also with the crazy talkin' Borel!
cardcrazed
Thank you! Well today brought another envelope and am really excited about this return! This envelope is from Bryant Young former Defensive Lineman from Notre Dame! Bryant led the team in sacks all 4 years! He was a 1st round draft pick in 1994 by the 49ers! Currently he is a DL coach at the University of Florida (that is where I sent to). Very nice ND auto for the collection!

Bryant Young - 2/2 - 9 days!

Justin
rnpurdue
Glad you are having some luck friend. My mailbox has grown cold, and I have over 25 requests out there..... sad.gif
Granderson28
Hey, Ive never really done ttm but im plannin on sending some out. Im curious, where do you get the addresses? do u just look up the team address online?
Granderson28
Also how do you send them? like what do you use, a bubble mailer?
cardcrazed
QUOTE(Granderson28 @ Jun 7 2011, 12:48 PM)
Also how do you send them? like what do you use, a bubble mailer?

Granderson,
there is a great thread at the top of TTM Addresses and Successes called "TTM collecting 101" It will answer all of your questions, it did mine!

RNpurdue,
Keep your head up! If you send them they will come! I still have about 20 out there so we will just have to see!

Justin
cardcrazed
Today I received 2 envelopes! The first envelope is from Bill Fischer Offensive Lineman for the Irish from 1945-48, he was a 1st round draft pick by the Chicago Cardinals in 1949! The second envelope is from rnpurdue, he sent me a Bubba Smith (in the colts uni) TTM card! Thank you very much buddy I greatly appreciate it! So as you can see it was a truly awesome TTM day!

Bill Fischer - 2/2- 13 days!

Justin
cardcrazed
Today I finally received an envelope! It was from Jim O'Brien kicker for the Baltimore Colts. Jim kicked the game winning FG in Superbowl V against the Dallas Cowboys! Awesome addition to the TTM collection! Hopefully this is a start to some more coming in........

Jim O'Brien - 1/1 - 7 days!

Justin
Gadsden86
Great return man. Would love to see some of these.
cardcrazed
Thanks, yeah I wish I had a scanner that worked! Maybe one day I will break down and buy a new one.

Justin
cardcrazed
Today I come home to find 2 of my self addressed envelopes waiting for me. The first one (and I was super excited when I saw this one because I had forgotten about it) was from Golden Tate WR for the Irish and The Seattle Seahawks! The next envelope was from Tim Grunhard OL for the Irish and drafted by the Chiefs. This was truly an awesome TTM day considering I thought everyone I sent to had lost my address!!!!

Golden Tate - 2/2 - 160 days!
Tim Grunhard - 1/2 - 30 days!

Justin

ronaldinho0003
Sweet returns! Thanks for sharing...
Gadsden86
great returns.
cardcrazed
Thanks guys!

Justin
cardcrazed
yesterday I received an envelope from Colt's 4th round draft pick Delone Carter!!!! Very excited about this return since it seems like forever since I have received any of my envelopes back! Carter is a former RB from Syracuse.

Delone Carter - 1/1 - 9 days!

Justin
whalerfan
Congrats and a quick return!
cardcrazed
well I hope the streak continues! Today I received an envelope from former Baltimore Colts RB Don McCauley! McCauley was a 1st round draft pick in 1971. In 2001 he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. Very lucky to have gotten this back due to the fact that the envelope was open and it looked like someone had ran over it with a lawnmower!!!

Don McCauley - 2/2 - 57 days

Justin
rnpurdue
Glad to see you back and having some success!
cardcrazed
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Aug 26 2011, 02:44 PM)
Glad to see you back and having some success!

Thanks Buddy! I thought I was out of TTM luck!

Justin
cardcrazed
well I hope this definitely continues! Today I received 2 more envelopes The first one is from Chicago Bears kicker Robbie Gould! I am doing a TTM collection for my brother who is a huge Bears fan so I thought this would be cool to try and get some autos and then send him a big package. The second envelope is from Colts WR Austin Collie!!!! I am super hyped about this return because I doubted I would ever see that envelope again! Overall I would say a very good TTM day for me!

Robbie Gould - 1/1 - 92 days
Austin Collie - 2/2 - 272 days (my longest wait so far)

Justin
stlramman
Nice stuff Justin,congrats!
cardcrazed
yesterday I came home from work with 2 more envelopes waiting for me! The first envelope was from former Notre Dame offensive lineman Bob Kuechenberg! Bob was a 4th round draft pick by Philadelphia but soon quit before training camp, soon after quitting he signed with the Miami Dolphins. The next envelope was from former Notre Dame Kicker John Carney! Carney is a Pro Bowl kicker who has spent his NFL career with teams such as: Saints, Bucs, Chargers, Rams, Giants, Chiefs, Bengals and Jaguars. Overall a very nice ND TTM day in my opinion! Thanks for reading!

John Carney - 2/2 - 140 days
Bob Kuechenberg - 1/1 - 9 days! (Bob inscribed and signed both sides of the card, pretty cool!)

Justin
rnpurdue
Good pick-ups. BTW, now is the time to acquire Dallas Clark if you need him.
cardcrazed
Thanks! He was the first person I ever sent to, and one of my favorite TTM successes! His turnaround is awesome, I think it only took like 9 days or something! I tried Tommie Harris and Dan Orlovsky while camp was still going on but now that they have been cut I doubt I will ever see those again.......

Justin
Gadsden86
hate that. I sent to a few guys and seen some returns but none for me. gonna go back to retired guys.
cardcrazed
I guess thats just the nature of the TTM beast! I've been lucky that the Colts are pretty good about TTM's, I however have not had much luck sending to other teams and having any kind of reliable success! Golden Tate is the only one so far from another team that has sent back so.........

Justin
cardcrazed
Today I received 2 of my envelopes! The first envelope was from Jack Trudeau! Jack was a former QB for the Colts! He was a 2nd round draft pick in 1986, and later selected in the 1995 expansion draft by the Carolina Panthers. Probably best known for the "Graduation Party Incident". The second envelope was from Roy Hall, former WR and 5th round draft pick of the Colts! Roy is currently a member of the Omaha Nighthawks in the UFL. I sent this card to the Nighthawks stadium. Overall a nice TTM day, one I almost thought I wouldn't have!

Jack Trudeau - 1/1 - 100 days!
Roy Hall - 1/1 - 45 days!

Justin
Gadsden86
nice i have to try a few guys in the UFl.
cardcrazed
Well today I received an envelope that I had actually forgot about, it was from former ND TE Irv Smith! Smith was a 1st round draft pick by the Saints in 1993. He also played for the 49ers and Browns. In my opinion a very nice mail surprise!

Irv Smith - 2/2 - 131 days!

Justin
welker83
Nice
Gadsden86
Congrats. I got one yesterday you might be interested in Rick Volk was a colt for a few years.
cardcrazed
Thanks! Yeah I sent and received from Volk a couple of months ago, his auto looks really nice on those older cards! Thanks for the lookout though I appreciate it! Im always interested in any former Colts you come across!

Justin
Gadsden86
no prob did you ever send to willie richardson? Also Tony Furjanic is a great guy and quick return former ND guy.
cardcrazed
I sent to Willie but still haven't received it back its probably been a month or 2, haven't sent to Tony. Was thinking I would try to find a card of Tony and then send it.

Justin
Gadsden86
He only has 1 card and it is in the ND set.
cardcrazed
Today I received 2 of my envelopes back! The first envelope is from Willie Richardson (Justin - I guess he must have heard you talking about him), he was a WR for the Baltimore Colts from 1963-1969. He is also a member of the College Football Hall of Fame. The next envelope is from Blair White, current WR for the Colts and former WR for Michigan State University. Very solid TTM day and as always very excited to add these to my collection!

Willie Richardson - 2/2 - 53 days!
Blair White - 1/1 - 8 days!

Justin
Gadsden86
Funny i asked then you got him back. Glad you did. Great former player.
cardcrazed
Yesterday I received one of my envelopes for the Bears project I am doing for my brother. This envelope was from Jim Mcmahon, former Bears QB from 1982-88. So far this makes card #2 of the project, pretty slow going but still sending em out!

Jim Mcmahon - 1/1 - 8 days!

Justin
rnpurdue
Congrats on those returns!
cardcrazed
rnpurdue,
Thank you!

Well today I received another envelope, this envelope is from current starting safety for the Irish Harrison Smith! Smith is a solid safety who is projected anywhere from the 3rd to 5th round of next years draft! Very excited to get this card back as it is only my 2nd one from current Irish players! He also signed in silver sharpie so it looks extremely nice!

Harrison Smith - 1/1 - 10 days!

Justin
cardcrazed
Today I received an envelope from former Colts RB Mike Hart! Mike was a 6th round draft pick by the Colts in 2008. Mike is currently an assistant coach at the University of Eastern Michigan. Pretty excited to have this former Colt in the collection!

Mike Hart - 2/2 - 14 days!

Justin
whalerfan
Nice addition with Hart, congrats!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.