Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Obama implements new fuel standards for trucks
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Politics
2000 rushing yards
The past couple of times MPG increases have been mandated, they have been for vechiles and light trucks. Today, Obama is implementing one for heavy trucks as well, although he the MPG mark isn't written in the article. This is an important step in getting off our addiction to oil and creating a cleaner environment.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100521/ap_on_...fuel_efficiency
Beavers98
Interesting..That is a bigger step than most realize
edgerrin32
Why make it for so long down the road. Say they have one year from now and they have to have every car/truck/suv improve 2mpg's thats not a lot but nation wide is huge, and they can do it!! Why can one company make cars that get 30-50+ one every car they make, but others just can seem to get over that 30 range on any car they make??

This is a step in the right direction, but a baby step in a marathon!
2000 rushing yards
QUOTE(Beavers98 @ May 22 2010, 08:16 PM)
Interesting..That is a bigger step than most realize

agreed 100%

QUOTE(edgerrin32 @ May 22 2010, 08:36 PM)
Why make it for so long down the road. Say they have one year from now and they have to have every car/truck/suv improve 2mpg's thats not a lot but nation wide is huge, and they can do it!! Why can one company make cars that get 30-50+ one every car they make, but others just can seem to get over that 30 range on any car they make??

This is a step in the right direction, but a baby step in a marathon!

While I hoped that this would be the case, I never really thought automakers could actually do that without dramatically raising the cost. If you have research that proves me otherwise, I'd be really interested to read it but from my personal research, vehicles usually only go up .5-1 MPG per year on average. While I would hope
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.