Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: April 2010 Member of the Month: Johnny_Number_5
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
skatalite
The TCC Collector Zone Team, Content and Graphics Team and Membership Team would like to send a huge congratulations to Johnny_Number_5 for being TCC's April Member of the Month!

This month, we decided to take a different take on Member of the Month. Instead of a write-up, we gave John the option of creating a video for us. The brave soul he is, he agreed!

Josh (jwman92) edited the video and here is the result:

Johnny_Number_5's MOTM video

And with that video marks the debut of TCC's Member of the Month YouTube Channel: TCCNow! Add us as a friend and comment away on the video!

Below is a questionnaire we sent John, so enjoy watching the video and reading his answers!

- Full name: John Frank English
- Username: Johnny_Number_5
- How long have you been on TCC? Three years.
- How did you find TCC? Just searching for cards in a Yahoo search! I found Bob's TCC video on YouTube where he opened a box of Triple Threads with a huge knife.
- If you could change one thing about TCC, what would it be? Nothing, TCC is awesome the way it is!
- How long have you been collecting? During my younger years from age 5 until about 15, then I stopped for a while and luckily found TCC. So, hardcore collecting since about 3 years ago.
- Why do you collect? I love holding the game in my hands. Whether baseball, football, or even a lil basketball, it's awesome having these cards up close.
- What kind of collector are you? Player, team, set, general, etc. Right now I'm a bit of everything. I team collect Saints and Mets. I player collect Devery Henderson #19 WR of the Saints. I have about 30 autos of him right now. Plus I do some sets, Allen and Ginter since 2006, most Bowman Chrome/Draft and Prospects and Press Pass and Sage since 2006.
- What got you into collecting? The NY Mets - HEHEH, and friends up in Binghamton, NY, on Oak Street!
- What is your favorite piece? WOW, hmmm, right now my Devery Henderson SPA Patch auto. Why? He is my favorite player, nuff said!
- Dream card? Hmmm... David Wright, Gary Carter, Willy Mays, Casey Stangel Quad Patch Auto fold-out card.
- Best card you ever pulled? I only pull base!
- Any trading regrets? Trading a Jason Heyward X-Fractor for a Philip Humber auto... Yeh, don't ask hahahaa!
- If you could design a card, what would it be? Hmm, most likely a sweet Devery Henderson NFL Logo patch fold out with a Sweet Spot-type auto helmet on the other side. A 1/1 of course!
- What do loved ones think of your collecting? HA, they say "Isn't that for kids?" I show them what the box costs and they tell me I am crazy. But, they know I love it, and it help me beat some addictions in my life, so I'm happy with it, and they support it!
- What do you hope to do with your collection one day? Display it on a huge, huge, huge, huge display on my wall!
- Any other hobbies? Walking, computers, education, and reading. I also enjoy hanging out in coffee shops drinking a nice triple shot lattee with skim milk and sugar free syrup!
- Any other interests? I was recently diagnosed with diabetes. I intend to change my life in the way of eating, living, and existing. I am educated about the disease, and I WILL BEAT IT! I have lost 30 lbs in 1.5 months on a new diet.
- Favorite movie? Probably "The Express" (Ernie davis Story), "The Blind Side" (Micheal Oher).
- Favorite band/song? Right now "Addicted" by Saving Abel, old Pantera, Niravana, techno, trance, etc. Music with a beat, that I can drive (Fast) to!
- Favorite food? Was sushi, but diabetes and carbs do not work. So, I guess steamed veggies on a nice spinach chicken wrap!
Johnny Number 5
you guys did an awsome job on this. i cant wait to check the video at home. Thanx tcc!
bajmurray
Mango-Man, I cannot think of a better choice!!

Welcome to the club!!!
booth9919
Congrats Mango and welcome to the club!
edgerrin32
YEA

J555

Mango man. Good job. TCG!!!
drocksthaparty
very good, i love mango
Johnny Number 5
Thanx

This is a great honor to be a part of this group. I hope i am here for many years to come!

TCG SAUCE!
dodgerblue38501
I can't think of a more deserving member for this honor! I'm glad my favorite Mango is finally getting some respect. thumbsup.gif
Johnny Number 5
thannk you my friend. i really appreciate that!

j5555
NYStateOfMind1976
Congrats J5!!!

Greatly deserved and a long time comming!!! Much deserved..

Congrats again
5toosweet
Congratulations!

biggrin.gif

Well deserved.
Johnny Number 5
smile.gif
urbanmonk
Congrats John smile.gif
batman1641
Congrats John
2000 rushing yards
awesome job mango!!
DawgPounder
Many more mangos heading your way...congrats!!!
ffman
Congrats to an important member....errr.....mango of our community!
aceecards
congrats a very deserving choice!
Johnny Number 5
thanx guys, i do feel very honored here...I was and still am very humbled by this award.
j5
Kmart6nets
Congrats and well-deserved! Nice video too!
Johnny Number 5
I had the neckbeard in that vid, now i have shaved!
kooljazz1966
Congrats on MOTM, Well deserved and a decent video too!
road_runner_1964
Congrats J5, way to represent all Mangos! thumbsup.gif
Johnny Number 5
yhaha im all about the fruit basket

j555555
mwolosik
Congrats on you winning memeber of the month. GOOD JOB
Johnny Number 5
thanx man
RGBII
Congratulations John, you're a
tradin' maniac and a collector with
a great deal of knowledge.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
Johnny Number 5
QUOTE(RGBII @ May 5 2010, 08:04 PM)
Congratulations John, you're a
tradin' maniac and a collector with
a great deal of knowledge.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

smile.gif
Gsil84
Man they must be running out of people to give this too...
Im joking you know I love you Fam.. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Number 5
ohmy.gif laugh.gif
KHarmon
Congrats bro!!!! Much deserved. A great trader and member of the community.
Tb40
Conrats to the MANGOMAN. I can't think of a better member.
Thanks, Matt
Johnny Number 5
Thanx duder

we need another trade!
bravesfan09
dots.gif

We have now seen it all TCC'ers.
bravesfan09
laugh.gif

Mangos
Johnny Number 5
Fluke of the month!

j555555
Johnny Number 5
Lowballer of the Month!
bravesfan09
Both of those fit you perfectly.

Cant forget Base Card King of the Year 2007, 2008, 2009.

laugh.gif
Johnny Number 5
and 2010!

j555555
ronaldinho0003
Congrats j5! You deserve it.
Johnny Number 5
ty
jaderock
Congrats to the Mango man!
Johnny Number 5
thanx again my friends. it has been a fun month!
Soxarethechamps05
Congrats my mango well deserved award!!!!
Johnny Number 5
Thanx dudes..

I wonder who won for May>?

hahaha

j55555555
baseballguy601
Dude I just saw this!!! But congrats Johnny!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.