Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: New feature: Gallery! Now 25 MB per Member!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
bob_TCC
I'm pleased to announce an exciting new feature available to all Collector Zone members - a Gallery!

Some of the key features of the new Gallery section include:

* Ability to create your own albums and then full control over the sorting of all files within your albums
* Ability to upload files directly from your computer or by providing the URL to an existing online file
* Ability to view a slideshow of any album
* Ability to provide comments on any file
* Ability to rate any file
* Ability to send e-cards of any file
* Ability to search all files including by keywords that can be defined per file

Click here to view the new gallery (or use the Gallery link in the left-side menu).

To get started with your own album(s), simply click the "Create/order my albums" link in the list of Tools. Every member is currently allowed to store up to 2.5 MB of files (options to increase this limit will be announced at a later time).

By the way, you'll also see that images from the Gallery are now featured within various sections of the TCC site including the home page. It would be great to see cards added to the Pack Pulls album and then new albums focusing on hockey and non-sports cards as well as memorabilia.

Enjoy this great new feature!

-Bob
kooljazz1966
Woohoo!!!!!Now that's a kool feature!!!!Thanks Bob!!!! clapping.gif Thank you TCC!!!!!!!!
Jplan72
Wow. Can't wait to see what everyone uploads. This place is gonna look MARVELOUS!
bob_TCC
Thanks for the feedback! It should certainly add another great way for members to take part in the site and interact with each other.

-Bob
dd316
This is a great new feature!!
über
nice feature!! biggrin.gif
bob_TCC
Thanks, guys. Looking forward to seeing new albums soon! smile.gif

-Bob
artyman60
very cool new feature, I just created a new album with a few Lowell cards i had scanned into the compuer already
snowblink
Very nice place to put some of my favorites for sharing and a quick view for myself, since I had to downsize off my website a bit back due to it getting out of hand laugh.gif

Thanks Bob!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(artyman60 @ Oct 4 2006, 05:56 PM)
very cool new feature, I just created a new album with a few Lowell cards i had scanned into the compuer already

Nice! smile.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
QUOTE(snowblink @ Oct 4 2006, 06:03 PM)
Very nice place to put some of my favorites for sharing and a quick view for myself, since I had to downsize off my website a bit back due to it getting out of hand  laugh.gif

Thanks Bob!

No problem. Since you have the first album focused on hockey cards, I'll be adding a featured box within the Hockey Cards section tonight showcasing your cards. wink.gif

-Bob
braves4life1025
bob it wont let me upload any pics!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ Oct 4 2006, 06:15 PM)
bob it wont let me upload any pics!

How big are the images (file size)?

-Bob
braves4life1025
i dont know let me check
bob_TCC
QUOTE(braves4life1025 @ Oct 4 2006, 06:25 PM)
i dont know let me check

In addition, the current settings for your album (who's allowed to see it and using a password) will prevent all of us from seeing your albums and images. Try removing the password and also saying that everyone can view your album(s).

-Bob
bob_TCC
Click here to view a sample slideshow.

-Bob
bob_TCC
The Hockey Cards section (click here to view) now features snowblink's album.

-Bob
bufbillsstlcards
Let me just say, I really like this new addition, and have been adding to it, I have 3 albums, will expand to 4 or 5 or more!
bob_TCC
Well, there's already over 200 files uploaded to the gallery!

-Bob
skatalite
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 4 2006, 09:27 PM)
Well, there's already over 200 files uploaded to the gallery!

-Bob

Not enough? Cause I've got a bunch of pictures of myself I can upload tongue.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(skatalite @ Oct 4 2006, 10:28 PM)
Not enough? Cause I've got a bunch of pictures of my self I can upload tongue.gif

So, honestly, how many times do you refresh the home page per day just so you can see yourself there? tongue.gif

-Bob
skatalite
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 4 2006, 09:30 PM)
So, honestly, how many times do you refresh the home page per day just so you can see yourself there?  tongue.gif

-Bob

Haha, not much anymore. Once people caught on I began seeing a decline in frequency tongue.gif laugh.gif
skatalite
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 4 2006, 09:30 PM)
So, honestly, how many times do you refresh the home page per day just so you can see yourself there?  tongue.gif

-Bob

But honestly, I always return to the home page after I post a thread, just to see what threads have new posts.

So a lot tongue.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(skatalite @ Oct 4 2006, 10:34 PM)
Haha, not much anymore. Once people caught on I began seeing a decline in frequency tongue.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well, for now, you could probably go to the Basketball Cards section and see yourself after a small number of refreshes.

-Bob
saxophonymartian
Cool feature BOB!
Charlie
this is a great feature i look forward to using wink.gif
Bolted_Down
Great feature! Uploaded some of my better stuff.
Thanks Bob!!
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bolted_Down @ Oct 5 2006, 12:34 PM)
Great feature!  Uploaded some of my better stuff.

Nice! smile.gif

I see that kooljazz1966 has created an album and uploaded some images as well. wink.gif

-Bob
msuwendy
Wow! Many of you guys have AWESOME cards!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Bolted_Down
any plans or is there a way to link to it (our personal galleries) in the profile column with our posts??
Sorry if I missed it...
kooljazz1966
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 5 2006, 11:41 AM)
Nice!  smile.gif

I see that kooljazz1966 has created an album and uploaded some images as well.  wink.gif

-Bob

Bob, thanks again for the feature. Later this p.m. I will start uploading some of my graded stuff. wink.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bolted_Down @ Oct 5 2006, 01:03 PM)
any plans or is there a way to link to it (our personal galleries) in the profile column with our posts??

At the moment, there is no direct link from your profiles (mini or full). I'm looking into that though. For now, you could just add a link in your signature. Just go to your main album view and copy the URL from your browser and use that in your link.

-Bob
Bolted_Down
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 5 2006, 12:13 PM)
At the moment, there is no direct link from your profiles (mini or full).  I'm looking into that though.  For now, you could just add a link in your signature.  Just go to your main album view and copy the URL from your browser and use that in your link.

-Bob

No problem at all... I'll work on that one this evening,
Thanks again, Bob, for the site and it's SUPER Features!!
bob_TCC
You're welcome to all of you. smile.gif

I see that Cades is creating albums and uploading images now as well.

The gallery is looking better and better all the time! cool.gif

-Bob
bob_TCC
dd316 is starting to upload some of his Will Clark AU cards! cool.gif

Plus, click here to view the image that has been viewed the most so far.

-Bob
Cades
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 5 2006, 12:36 PM)
You're welcome to all of you.  smile.gif

I see that Cades is creating albums and uploading images now as well.

The gallery is looking better and better all the time!  cool.gif

-Bob

Yep, great feature biggrin.gif
coltsfan23
Awesome feature! I'm starting to upload pics on my album as welll!
dd316
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 5 2006, 01:48 PM)
dd316 is starting to upload some of his Will Clark AU cards!  cool.gif

I was wondering who was viewing them already. wink.gif

Had a little trouble organizing them but got it taken care of. Plenty more to add later, then I'll tackle all the GU...
Cades
Reached max size, oops! smile.gif

The size limit a per day thing or overall?

coltsfan23
I'm having trouble uploading them for some reason. I entered the links to upload but it doesnt upload. sad.gif

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Cades @ Oct 5 2006, 02:03 PM)
Reached max size, oops! smile.gif

The size limit a per day thing or overall?

It's overall.

From a quick glance, I noticed that many of your images are 100-125 KB each. Honestly, those could easily be reduced to about 25 KB each and still be at a nice quality.

In addition, we'll be reviewing the limit and seeing what can be done to increase the amount of disk space for all members. Plus, the premium account upgrades will include a significant increase in the allowed space.

-Bob

Cades
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 5 2006, 01:10 PM)
It's overall. 

From a quick glance, I noticed that many of your images are 100-125 KB each.  Honestly, those could easily be reduced to about 25 KB each and still be at a nice quality.

In addition, we'll be reviewing the limit and seeing what can be done to increase the amount of disk space for all members.  Plus, the premium account upgrades will include a significant increase in the allowed space.

-Bob

Yeah, I'll prolly change the sizes when I get home, thanks smile.gif
bob_TCC
QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Oct 5 2006, 02:09 PM)
I'm having trouble uploading them for some reason. I entered the links to upload but it doesnt upload.  sad.gif

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Your album setup looks fine. What's one of the links that you were trying to upload?

-Bob
coltsfan23
QUOTE(bob_TCC @ Oct 5 2006, 01:25 PM)
Your album setup looks fine.  What's one of the links that you were trying to upload?

-Bob

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/col...gAnch=imgAnch15
bob_TCC
QUOTE(coltsfan23 @ Oct 5 2006, 02:52 PM)

Instead of using the dynamic link, try ones that look more like this:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/col...montanacert.jpg

-Bob
kooljazz1966
I'm outta space already wallbash.gif sadwalk.gif
bob_TCC
After additional review of our current disk space usage and the available options to increase it, we've now doubled the allowed disk space per member. Every member is now able to store up to 5 MB of files (options to increase this limit will be announced at a later time).

Enjoy.

-Bob
Bolted_Down
KEWL!! on the space uppage... cool.gif

Check my link in my siggy (TCC GALLERY). Tell me if it takes you to the start of a slideshow...

Thanks.
bob_TCC
QUOTE(Bolted_Down @ Oct 5 2006, 10:33 PM)
Check my link in my siggy (TCC GALLERY).  Tell me if it takes you to the start of a slideshow...

Yes, it does! Very cool! cool.gif

-Bob
jaderock
This is an AWESOME FEATURE Bob...very cool.

REMEMBER guys/gals keep file sizes at "actual size" so you don't use up your LIMIT to fast!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.