Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Sent out
Collector Zone > Collectibles > Autographs > TTM Addresses and Successes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Gadsden86
I do too biggrin.gif

Hey all here are a few things i've gotten latley
Kinda forgot about this one.
3/3 in about 93 days. Sent to Patriots and sent back from FL.
The other 2 will be shown once done. They are another Dual.

user posted image

also went to a card show and an oldtime Redsox player was signing.
Frank Malzone. Was like 9 bucks but it was for charity so i didn't mind.
user posted image

About a month on this one.
user posted image
Gadsden86
hey guys got 2 more intoday.
1 was from
Scott Schwedes. Sent him 2 cards 1 for him to keep. He replied with a nice note on the bottom of my letter saying how he loved the card and how original it was. He also said he was including the Kodak pic autoed of himself as i seem like a sincer Dolphins (that i am)
user posted image
user posted image

then i got this from Mike Holmes Played 1 season for the Dolphins in 76 He signed the top loader and never took out the cards. So i will take it but may send back sometime. For now i cut out his auto from the top loader and placed it over the card and then in another top loader. Doesn't look to bad lmk what you think and if you have ever had this happen before.
user posted image
cardcrazed
pretty awesome returns! Can't say I have ever heard of them signing the toploader! Congrats on your success!

Justin
whalerfan
Yea, I got one back from Jay Pandolfo - just think you can change out the card!
Gadsden86
QUOTE(whalerfan @ Apr 21 2011, 02:24 PM)
Yea, I got one back from Jay Pandolfo - just think you can change out the card!

Yea was thinking of do a redesign and making a cut.
rnpurdue
That happen to a member over on the sportscollectors.net site, where an athlete signed his top loader. But I think his was a HOF'er with a high fee. blink.gif Needless to say, he was a little frustrated.
Gadsden86
yea i posted mine their as well. Not sure if i will resend or not.
gregorium
I had Butch Bouchard sign my penny sleeve, but he realized the mess up and also signed the card.
Gadsden86
here are the adds i have gotten in.

Cade Mcnown.
user posted image

TIm Irwin Played only a few games for the Dolphins.
user posted image

X2 Kevin Donnalley
user posted image

rnpurdue
Nice returns!
whalerfan
Nice day, I forgot that McNown played for the Dolphins.
cardcrazed
very nice returns! Your luck with TTM's is insane!

Justin
Gadsden86
Thanks guys. forgot to put this one here and the 3 i got today.
user posted image

Then these 3 guys in a week all former Dolphins and very happy to have them
Ed Weisacosky Also sent a nice note back thanking me for the card.
user posted image

Norm Bulaich had a auto of his i purchased but wanted a TTM of him.
user posted image

Frank Emanuel. Sent to his old addy last week and then was given his new one by a member on another forum. Great return.
user posted image

LMK what you guys think.
gregorium
Nice returns.
Gadsden86
Thanks hoping for more this week. sent 2 more today and got 6 more i just need to write letters for smile.gif
gregorium
I hear you on the letters. I find it to be the most time consuming part. sad.gif
rnpurdue
I agree also. Spent nearly 2 hours writing letters today at work. I wonder if they ever read them?
Gadsden86
Yea i have a base start for most of my letters and thats already a 1/2 of paragraph smile.gif
I just start to write why i am writing to them and then i got about a 1/2 page so its usually good...

On a sad note got a RTS today.
Said Not deliverable as addressed can not forward. It was for Tyrone Braxton he had a success at the same addy i used only a few weeks ago. Wondering if he moved.
Anyone have an addy for him?
cardcrazed
I send typed letters, takes less time and seems to be pretty successful! I did recently send out a handwritten letter as an experiment to see if it would be as successful so we will just have to wait and see! As far as you getting a RTS yeah those can be real bummers, I've gotten my share of them!

Justin
gregorium
I never found a difference between typed and handwritten, so now I use my template and personalize it for each. Still time consuming though.
Gadsden86
3 TTM's back 1 was a RTS from Tony bua (unable to forward)

then 2 original dolphins.
these 2 back from Frank jackson
user posted image
user posted image

then this one from a more obscure player in LaVerneTorczon found his addy on YP.com
user posted image

thats it for now lmk what you think.

Hope for more today
Gadsden86
Hey guys got another in today and its a nice one.... will let the pic do the talking.
user posted image
cardcrazed
Thats what I'm talking about!!!

Justin
rnpurdue
Well done on the Manning! Looks like he is playing nice and keeping up his rep by signing for free and for often. Now is the time to get his auto cheap and easy.
Gadsden86
Thanks, was very happy with that one.

got 1 in today and 1 in Friday or sat.
the one over the weekend brought me.
2/2 Nick Giaquinto
Played for the Dolphins in 1980 & 81 then for the Redskins. Nice return in 15 days.
user posted image
user posted image

Then this today. An unheralded player but i always like him. also always signs in Green.. not sure why but just does.
1/2 told him to keep one as i do all the players i send to.
Steve Towle Dolphins from 1975-80 19 days
user posted image

Love getting the lesser known guys and the ones who dont have certified autos.

thats it for now hope for more later.
Daniel.kr88
Nice succeses and nice custom cards,how did you doing your custom cards
Gadsden86
Thanks. Guessing you mean how did i start?
Well i do alot of computer work at my job and started dabbling in customs and finally came up with a design i really like. Always been a big fan of press pass and having the white area makes great for the auto.
Daniel.kr88
this is the standard card size?Do you print this on your own priter?I would like to try make own custom card and I donīt know how can I make this
Gadsden86
Hey guys great day for autographs for me.
1st was a TTM. about 30 days
2/2 Louis Oliver
user posted image

then today was a local Celebrity Patriots softball game.
Players thier were.
Jim Bowman, Steve Deiossie, Jermain Wiggins, Patrick Pass, Rob Gronkowski, Brian Hoyer, Rob Ninkovich, Scott Zolak, Jermain Cunningham & Kevin Faulk.

Well they moved the game to 6:30 for the Bruins game tonight only about 100-200 people showed. The game lasted about an hour then they all signed for about 20 minuets. Didnt seem like anyone was being mauled just Gronk for the very beginning.
I 1st got Steve Dieossie on a mini helmet was very nice. Then went over to Brian Hoyer and had him sign an 8x10 of him from the show game he loved the pic. Then went over to Rob Ninkovich and a woman asked him to sign her shirt she then said thanks Gronk.
He was like i'm not a TE and i'm much better looking

He signed my mini helmet and a Blank card as he was a former Dolphins player as well.
I then found Zolak he was alone and i was like hows it going he said good then i showed him my custom and he loved it and signed w/ his dolphins number as well.
To wrap this up got all the guys that were their except Patrick pass. Had him before but for got to get him again oh well. Was a fun time and only the cost of the mini helmet for all these autos.

Here are some pics.(mini helmet not show camera is dead )
user posted image
user posted image

Jermain Wiggins
user posted image
user posted image
Rob Ninkovich
user posted image
Scott Zolak
user posted image
rnpurdue
Well done my friend. Well done.
cardcrazed
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Jun 15 2011, 10:02 PM)
Well done my friend.  Well done.

yeah I agree!

Justin
Gadsden86
thanks guys.
road_runner_1964
Booyah Baby....great stuff.
Gadsden86
almost 2 weeks since my last TTM.
well got this one in today.
2/2 44 days.
Trent Green auto
user posted image

With this success my count now stands at (not counting what i am sending on 6/29)

118 Sent
86 Successes
6 Failures
26 waiting on

thats a nice 72 % success rate. Can't ask for more.
also
My failures
Fuad Reveis- 1 never came back and the other was RTS... think this guy just doesnt want to sign for me. dry.gif

Chris Chambers--- nothing after 1 year

Tony Bua- resent to new addy.

Peyton Manning - 1st time i sent got a pp 2nd time was good

Billy sims- must have gotten lost as many have gone and come since to the same addy. Will resend.

Drew Brees- Saints card sent back w/ brees gold card. Cool return auto would hav been better.

Oh well here is to many more autos threw the mail tongue.gif
rnpurdue
You are not the only one having problems with Billy Sims. I saw requests come and get returned and mine is still out there. I sent him a football with a donation. Nothing. Manning appears to be bipolar with his signings. I got a success, then the dreaded autopen. LMK if your next attempt with those clowns results in suucess. Otherwise, I think our mailmen know each other and decide which days to send us TTM's laugh.gif .
Gadsden86
Sure. I will resend to Billy at some point just not sure when.
ronaldinho0003
72%...very nice! Keep them coming.
Gadsden86
Thanks. guys.

Hey guys got a nice TTM i sent 62 days ago.
Sent me back both my customs and added his own card of himself in a Dolphins uniform. Also sent my letter back saying thank you and signed that as well. So 4 autos from him alone. Great return. He was the dolphins 1st Kicker. Also was a receiver for them as well.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Gadsden86
3 TTM's/ All came back on the same day.
2/2 Willie West (1st Dolphins probowler)
user posted image

1/2
Willie Richardson. Played Rest of his career with the Colts.
user posted image

2/2 Jim Arnold Took almost 3 months but got it back.
user posted image
cardcrazed
Awesome successes! Can you pm me the willie richardson address? Congrats again on the returns!

Justin
Gadsden86
QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Jul 4 2011, 11:36 AM)
Awesome successes! Can you pm me the willie richardson address? Congrats again on the returns!

Justin

On the way. biggrin.gif
Always willing to share the addys if able to.
Gadsden86
1 In today...

A price list from Marv Fleming. Stinks wish i had known he charges would have added it then. Only 10 for a card. So i will send 10 in M.o for it this week.
Have paid that much for guys who will never be close to what he was.
Gadsden86
came in about 9 days.
was on the Dolphins 66 Team working on getting as many of them as i can before they pass away.
Pete Jaquess.
user posted image
Gadsden86
3 TTM's in the past 2 days.

Jim Dunaway TTM took about 2 weeks.
user posted image

and Tom Erlandson about 2 weeks as well.
He also added a nice note saying how he was and how he was Co- captain for the phins in 66 and NFL rep for them as well in 67.
Always great to get a nice note back in return.

user posted image

and then these 2 took about 170 days. Didn't think i was getting them back. Nice return.
user posted image
rnpurdue
I love your collection. Could you point me in the right direction as to how to make the customs? BTW, great returns.
cardcrazed
Once again you have killed these returns! Congrats on the Woodhead return!

Justin
Superhuskiefan1
U send out to mike pouncey?
Gadsden86
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Jul 17 2011, 08:10 AM)
I love your collection.  Could you point me in the right direction as to how to make the customs?  BTW, great returns.

Thanks much i work hard on them to get them right. Basically i use photoshop. I seach Google for the pics i use then start a file in Photoshop and go from thier.
I print them out at work on a 100 lb cardstock and use a sticker for my generic back i have on these.

QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Jul 17 2011, 10:28 AM)
Once again you have killed these returns! Congrats on the Woodhead return!

Justin

Thanks Justin. I love getting them back need to send more but been busy.

QUOTE(Superhuskiefan1 @ Jul 17 2011, 09:47 PM)
U send out to mike pouncey?

I did. On the 30th or so hope to get one back soon.
Superhuskiefan1
QUOTE(Gadsden86 @ Jul 17 2011, 06:43 PM)

I did. On the 30th or so hope to get one back soon.

Same since the lockout looks like it could be over
Gadsden86

Marv Fleming TTM (10 fee)
user posted image

then a guy who played maybe 3 games for the Dolphins sent him 4 cards and he sent 2 back 1 of each custom.
Jeff groth
user posted image

user posted image

Then a local kid from north attleboro was drafted by the Cardinals out of UCONN in the 5th round. My buddie had a signing for him great kid hope to see him get some cards soon.
user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.