Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Facebook Upper Deck Awards
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
ffman
On Facebook Upper Deck is having its first Upper Deck Social Media Awards, which recognizes the best sports and trading online sites and communities.

The Upper Deck Awards

Nominate Trading Card Central for best online community!
sahetu
Been there, done that, hehe. They also want best blog, best product, best pull of UD for the year...
ffman
Clouts N' Chara and FCB are kicking our tails right now in the nomination process.
mjda
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 22 2010, 08:10 PM)
Clouts N' Chara and FCB are kicking our tails right now in the nomination process.

Like you said, this is only the nomination process. UD has also stated that it's not necessary to nominate anything that's already been nominated. Maybe that means only the gang here at TCC actually read, and understood, that post. wink.gif
NYStateOfMind1976
QUOTE(sahetu @ Mar 22 2010, 06:06 PM)
Been there, done that, hehe. They also want best blog, best product, best pull of UD for the year...

oh and you can also tweet your vote on Twitter: http://twitter.com/UpperDeckAwards

Best blog??? Isn't that a done deal? Hasn't the Wombat locked that up already? smile.gif
aceecards
Dont forget to vote for the tall Kool one for best video break!

Nobody is slick as our own kenneth
B-Millz23
TCC gets my vote.
sahetu
QUOTE(NYStateOfMind1976 @ Mar 23 2010, 07:46 AM)
Best blog??? Isn't that a done deal? Hasn't the Wombat locked that up already? smile.gif

Not sure I qualify as my blog was made this year, not last.
ffman
Voting is now up!
aceecards
Vote here NOW!!

http://www.yourfreepoll.com/eesbkwbvsp.html

I mean I know we are the best but..
RGBII
We can do a whole lot better than
3 votes.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
edgerrin32
I voted for Edgerrincardworld lol JK
meltdown16
The Best Online Community will receive: a trophy, a variety of unopened product, a LeBron James UDA basketball and a 2009 NFL Rookie Photo Shoot signed football (autographed by more than 25 players) to use as giveaways with their community of loyal collectors.

Pretty good 1st place prize...TCC needs more votes, getting killed in the voting right now.

ffman
We are getting demolished.

Come on guys, represent!
NYStateOfMind1976
13 Votes.. Come on guys!!! We have tons of active members on here. Vote Away!!!
5toosweet
I just threw the link in my sig. Maybe that will help a little.

Maybe get more members to do the same?
Soxarethechamps05
QUOTE(5toosweet @ Mar 30 2010, 07:49 PM)
I just threw the link in my sig. Maybe that will help a little.

Maybe get more members to do the same?

Great Idea Abel!
ffman
Only 97 votes compared to Freedom Card Board's 1000+.

Very, very disappointing.
Kmart6nets
There's no doubt we could do better, but I feel like TCC was a little blindsided by this vote unfortunately...
mjda
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 31 2010, 11:37 AM)
Only 97 votes compared to Freedom Card Board's 1000+. 

Very, very disappointing.

It is very representative of the amount of resources those site's "leaders" are using to make sure their site is staying current and evolving with the hobby. There are so many things that could be done to make TCC a competitor with those larger sites, but they get held up because the only person who seems to be able to make any major decisions (ones that could make a HUGE difference) is never here.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(mjda @ Mar 31 2010, 04:05 PM)
It is very representative of the amount of resources those site's "leaders" are using to make sure their site is staying current and evolving with the hobby. There are so many things that could be done to make TCC a competitor with those larger sites, but they get held up because the only person who seems to be able to make any major decisions (ones that could make a HUGE difference) is never here.

I agree. TCC in many way is still in the stone age.

But be kinda happy tcc isn't winning. Right now FCB and SCF are feuding and name calling and other crap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.