Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Colts thread
Collector Zone > Sports Cards > Football
Pages: 1, 2, 3
cardcrazed
This is going to be my running total of Colts lost this year to free agency. So far:

Jim Sorgi (I guess Painter gets to hold the clipboard now)
Marlin Jackson (kind of stings a little)
Tim Jennings (I'm ok with)
Hank Baskett (I'm ok with)
Raheem Brock (big loss on the depth chart)
Aaron Francisco (special teamer)

I'm sure I will be adding to this list as Free agency continues, I just hope the rumors aren't true and I have to add Antoine Bethea to the list! Stay strong COLT nation!

Justin
rnpurdue
Bethea will be back. And don't worry to much, the Colts just reload every year through the draft. We could really use some OLB help. I agree losing Brock and possibly Jackson are going to hurt on the depth chart.
aceecards
How aboiut what they didnt lose!

Gary brackett!
rnpurdue
I think they should release Bob Sanders as well. Yes, he is awesome when healthy. But that has been a rarity. Plus, I think Melvin Bullit stepped in nicely. Use the Sanders funds to pay Bullitt, Bethea, and Jackson. Use the 2nd or 3rd pick for another safety. Just my thoughts.
edgerrin32
yea i hope sanders comes back strong and stays healthy. just remember a few years ago when we were all devastated because the released Edgerrin james?? but it was cool because we got some guy named Addai! yea like that was the best move ever laugh.gif . now nobody respects the fact the the colts used to be a big run threat. and there were some nasty back up runners when james was out!

anyway hope they pick up some good players and run the table this year!
cardcrazed
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Mar 8 2010, 08:15 AM)
Bethea will be back.  And don't worry to much, the Colts just reload every year through the draft.  We could really use some OLB help.  I agree losing Brock and possibly Jackson are going to hurt on the depth chart.

Bethea will be back unless someone wants to give up a 1st round pick!

Justin
whatwild
Jim Sorgi (I guess Painter gets to hold the clipboard now)
Marlin Jackson (kind of stings a little)
Tim Jennings (I'm ok with)
Hank Baskett (I'm ok with)
Raheem Brock (big loss on the depth chart)
Aaron Francisco (special teamer)

Out of all these guys, Im ok with them all leaving the biggest one was Brock.Jackson was good but there are also some good DBs in the draft. Besides we have Hayden the SB hero. I think we need to get a little speed on the other side.

Also, Im really glad now that Hank Baskett is gone. Im still cussing him out for the Onside kick in the Super Bowl.

ronaldinho0003
Ah, the colts will be fine. They lose players every year and they are still consistentely good. Now the lions on the other hand...laugh.gif
cardcrazed
QUOTE(ronaldinho0003 @ Mar 8 2010, 10:57 PM)
Ah, the colts will be fine. They lose players every year and they are still consistentely good. Now the lions on the other hand...laugh.gif

it is true that we lose significant players every year! But it would be nice to have a little depth at each position! I know Hayden is great but Jackson gave us that depth, now we are dependent on Lacey and Powers who only have 1 year experience.

Justin
cardcrazed
QUOTE(aceecards @ Mar 8 2010, 09:22 AM)
How aboiut what they didnt lose!

Gary brackett!

I am actually pretty excited that they re-signed him! Plain and simple he is a leader on the field!

Justin
cardcrazed
another Free agent loss today:

Starting Guard Ryan Lilja (guess what we will be drafting.............offensive line)

Justin
whatwild
QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Mar 9 2010, 01:28 AM)
it is true that we lose significant players every year! But it would be nice to have a little depth at each position! I know Hayden is great but Jackson gave us that depth, now we are dependent on Lacey and Powers who only have 1 year experience.

Justin

tongue.gif I really forgot about those guys. I think the Secondary will be fine if we still have Bethea when its over.Both Powers and Lacey did a good enough job last year, Esp Lacey.We needed O line anyway because Saturday is getting old,and our LT is testing FA or might have left IDK.
I havent watched the FA that close this year.

Where did Lilja go?
rnpurdue
Ryan Lilja will be a big loss. But, we did draft for this 2 years ago with Richard and Pollack. Maybe Ugoh will come through for them laugh.gif . Looks like OL for first round, DB second.
cardcrazed
QUOTE(whatwild @ Mar 9 2010, 07:05 AM)

Where did Lilja go?

he hasn't signed anywhere yet

Justin
cardcrazed
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Mar 10 2010, 08:52 AM)
Looks like OL for first round, DB second.

I agree OL first round, maybe DT or LB second. Polian has a keen eye for finding "small" fast cornerbacks in the later rounds and especially undrafted free agents! I have a feeling this will be a good draft!!!

Justin
whatwild
The team is really fine if you think about it. I mean not in one spot. I honestly think all across the board is A-ok. All we really need to do is take stock in some O line and some LBs and a DT for sure. We are gonna gain a WR next year and get Sanders back.
cardcrazed
Thursday we added Andy Alleman Guard from Kansas City. Looks like a depth addition to me.

Justin
cardcrazed
signed Adam Terry, Tackle from Baltimore. He could be a starter.

Justin
cardcrazed
The Colts added former bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner as the new WR coach and Ron Prince as the assistant offensive line coach. Prince was the former Virginia special teams coordinator.

Justin
rnpurdue
Is Ron Turner being groomed for Tom Moore's job?
cardcrazed
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Mar 22 2010, 02:14 PM)
Is Ron Turner being groomed for Tom Moore's job?

it sure does look that way! Although I think you could probably say that about Ron Prince as well..........

Justin
rnpurdue
Marlin Jackson to the Eagles. That hurts. CB in the first 2 rounds.....
cardcrazed
maybe, but with Polians knack for finding quality talent in the later rounds he will probably go best available on the board and that will probably be offensive line or Linebacker. Just look at Jerraud Powers and Jacob Lacey, Powers was a 3rd round pick and Lacey was undrafted and both had a tremendous impact on our defense. I would bet the house that he surprises us with the first pick and drafts Tim Tebow or another QB!

Justin
rnpurdue
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Tebow. The last thing our well-polished, smooth running offense needs is a wildcat wrinkle to it. Would be great for the collecting hobby though, huh?
cardcrazed
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Mar 25 2010, 12:38 PM)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Not Tebow.  The last thing our well-polished, smooth running offense needs is a wildcat wrinkle to it.  Would be great for the collecting hobby though, huh?

I think he changed his throwing motion so he doesn't need the wildcat formation anymore biggrin.gif I would be first in line for an auto card with him in a Colt uni tongue.gif

Justin
cardcrazed
RB/KR Chad Simpson was released 4-10-10

I guess this means that Mike Hart's roster spot is safe for now, we will probably look for a KR in the draft!

Justin
whatwild
We signed Saftey Melvin to a one year deal
cardcrazed
also re-signed DT Dan Muir to a 1 yr deal

Justin
whatwild
YessiR
rnpurdue
Melvin Bullitt is a great re-sign. Good Bob Sanders insurance. laugh.gif
cardcrazed
If Bob doesn't produce this year then it is time to cut him loose! Bullitt and Bethea can take over just fine!

Justin
phatman68
anyone know whats up with the guy in my sig? smile.gif My dad saw him when he came home about a month ago and he said the Colts will give him one more chance to start but if he gets hurt again hes gone
cardcrazed
He's a restricted free agent, so right now he is not even listed on the roster. I doubt we re-sign him and look for his replacement in the draft.

Justin
cardcrazed
Great 1st round pick! Jerry Hughes will be terrorizing QB's for years!

Justin
rnpurdue
Great pick. Of course, no one saw it coming. Maybe OLB and CB for the next 2 picks?
whatwild
I like the Pick... His highlights were ok but with the training he will get here,there will be not telling how good he can be.
I will have to wait to see him on the field in a Colts uni before I say it was a great pick.
rnpurdue
Just as I guessed...a LB and a CB. Hope the CB works out, draft "experts" are calling it a reach. Of course, look at the past few years and the DB draft picks the Colts have had. For the most part they have been solid. Not to worried.
cardcrazed
Pat Angerer was a solid LB at Iowa so he should be an excellent backup for Brackett! I am most looking forward to today because this is where we should be adding o-line help! Polian is the master at finding those hidden gems in the later rounds!

Justin
whatwild
The draft dosent look all that great right now sad.gif

At least not for the Colts
rnpurdue
The Colts did what they needed to do....fill needs. Mainly adding depth to defensive positions. They have all the playmakers they need on offense, and filled the roster with OL during the off season.
cardcrazed
QUOTE(rnpurdue @ Apr 25 2010, 08:53 AM)
The Colts did what they needed to do....fill needs.  Mainly adding depth to defensive positions.  They have all the playmakers they need on offense, and filled the roster with OL during the off season.

plus we added a few possible kick returners! Ray fisher from Indiana and Brandon James from Florida! If Brandon does for us what he did for Florida then it is his job! On a side note we also signed Javarris James (that's right, Edgerrin's cousin) RB from Miami and Blair White WR from Michigan State!

Justin
whatwild
I just would have liked to see them draft maybe a couple good Lineman in the draft.

I really dont think we got alot of help in FA for the Line..

I could be wrong
cardcrazed
I definitely think MCclendon was an upgrade for the O-line! I do agree that I thought we would have focused a lot more on the o-line. I am very impressed though with the UDFA's that we aquired, I think several of them have a legitimate chance of making the roster! We signed Tim Hiller QB from Western Michigan and apparently they really like him, so Painter may have some competition!

Justin
whatwild
Yea I know what you mean the whole O lines getting Old .

Cant wait to see Hiller in Pre-Season
cardcrazed
3rd round pick Kevin Thomas DB from USC suffered a knee injury that could cost him the season.........................will we ever get over this injury bug! Although this shouldn't be a big surprise because Thomas was not a stranger to the injured list at USC!

Justin
cardcrazed
Robert Mathis has not attended any of the voluntary training sessions due to wanting a new contract. This may not work in Mathis's favor due to the team trying to work on a new contract for Peyton. This info I found on profootballtalk.com.

Justin
cardcrazed
besides Robert Mathis you can now add Reggie Wayne and Antoine Bethea to the list of OTA no shows. Reggie usually doesn't attend till they become mandatory, Bethea has still not signed his 1 year tender sooooooooo. This info was found on profootballtalk.com.

Justin
cardcrazed
Colts have signed QB Tom Brandstater. Brandstater played college ball at Fresno State and was recently released by Denver. If he makes the roster he looks to be a lock for the backup spot.

Justin
cardcrazed
Colts re-sign Antoine Bethea to a 4 year deal.

Justin
rnpurdue
QUOTE(cardcrazed @ Jun 13 2010, 02:17 PM)
Colts re-sign Antoine Bethea to a 4 year deal.

Justin

toot.gif toot.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.