Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: February 2010 Member of the Month - Booth9919
Collector Zone > TCC Features > News and Announcements
aceecards
Ladies and gents id like to introduce TCC collector of the month for february 2010 - Andy Booth (booth9919)

Andy is 26 years old, resides in Apple Valley MN and has been married for 4 years! He works with his father and grandfather for the family business doing a little blacktopping! His family run company is celebrating its 50th year in business!

Andy started this journey into the hobby when he was young aspiring to be athlete but got out of it temporarily as a teenager. Strangely enough he reimmersed himself into the hobby when he met his wife around AGE 18! (life has its strange twists of fate huh?)

Andy remembers buying 1989 Upper Deck baseball and likely equates it to the first product he bought. Back in his younger days he was an avid hockey collector but now as he ages gracefully He has turned his attention to Football. He still loves to go watch Hockey though and it remains his favorite spectator sport. he is an avid Detroit Red Wings fan (I still hope to convert him) and his favorite player is Steve Yzerman (one that even I can agree with)

Andy credits Upper Deck as his favorite card manufacturer and loves their SP Authentic releases and is currently chipping away at the 2009 SPA football release.

His favorite card in his possession is his Wayne Gretzky Topps Rookie card which was a 1st wedding anniversary present from his wife. (some guys have all the luck ) If you have ever taken the time to browse Andy's bucket you cant help but notice all the great memorabilia he has besides cards. He attends a lot of shows and signings to obtain all those great pieces! He hopes one day to acquire Gretzky's OPC rookie to get the matching Pair!

Andy joined us in November of 2007 and currently has in excess of 5,000 posts and 290 trades completed. When asked what his favorite thing about TCC is he replied the people! He has always been treated like family here and hopes he conveys the same feeling back to each of us. ( You certainly do!)

Since Andy is such an avid fan I asked him for some predictions for the upcoming seasons. He thinks the Capitals will raise the Cup for the first time in their history, The Lakers will repeat as NBA champs and the Twins will shock the world next November (hopefully not against my Cubs ). He really stared down the TV during the Winter Olympics cheering for a local product Lindsay Vonn to bring home more than one gold and enjoyed the rest of the Alpine skiing events and the hockey tourney.

So congratulations to Andy , TCC's member of the Month for 2010!
Kmart6nets
Congrats Andy -- well deserved!
NYStateOfMind1976
Congrats Andy!!

Well deserved!!!!

Andy is a great guy I have had all kinds of dealings with over my time here at TCC...

Class and well deserved...

note: Does anyone else find it funny that the "first cards" people remember opening are from 1989?? LOL
5toosweet
Congratulations Andy!
sahetu
Congrats!
ffman
Congrats Andy!
jwman92
Congrats!
booth9919
Thanks Everyone!!!!
urbanmonk
Congrats Andy, well deserved smile.gif
NYMETSJETS
Awesome Andy! Your a great member and a good friend to have in this online community. You deserve it!
TK
ronaldinho0003
Very deserving! Great job, Andy!
PSquared
Congrats! smile.gif
redbird8
congratz man!
bajmurray
Very deserving, Andy!!
mjda
Congratulations Andy. Absolutely one of the most deserving members to have received this award. thumbsup.gif
MVPujols
Fantastic choice. Andy is the best. Congrats bud.
RGBII
Mr. Booth, this was well deserved
and plausibly overdue.

You are an asset to the site and
the collecting community as a
whole.

Congratulations!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII
pavi39
Congrats Andy. A very deserved award.
road_runner_1964
Congratulations, Andy. Well deserved and earned. thumbsup.gif
booth9919
Thanks to all who have posted!!!!! biggrin.gif
sebredsox24
Congrats Andy! You absolutely deserve it my friend smile.gif
Tb40
Congrats to one of the most generous members on this site. A well deserved honor.
Thanks, Matt
pwolantern
Congrats!
Stlouisrams1600
Andy was a great choice for this. Congrats! smile.gif
batman1641
Congrats Andy
booth9919
Thank you to all that have posted in here. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.