Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone ever received a GU/AU NPN from Topps?
Collector Zone > Hobby Resources > No Purchase Necessary
Soxarethechamps05
I have done NPN's for about a year now and I noticed that UD rarely sends out NPN's, but the ones that they do send out are GU/AU. While Topps seems to send out a lot of NPN's but I have only got inserts. I thought for the NPN program you were supposed to get the same odds to receive a certain card as you would if you bought a pack of the product. Has anyone else noticed this before?
FerrisBueller
Yes, I have recieved GU, Autos & GU w/ Autos from Topps in the past. However, nothing like that in quite a while. From Topps Retired Signature Baseball, a few years ago, I rec'd a Dale Murphy on card auto. The card was encased plastic. I still have that one. From Topps Pristine, I received a Curt Schilling sticker auto w/ a piece of GU road jersey. Not a Schilling fan, I put that on eBay with a $60 BIN and it went in 30 mins. I guess I should have asked for more.
sahetu
I have, but not in a LONG time. I do better with those with NPNs from UD.
benshobbies
Unfortunately I haven't gotten an auto from Topps in a while. I really only get good cards from Panini. Upper Deck has been dry for me except when I have a damaged card case with them. That is why I make sure to max out with my Panini NPN's of 2 each household.
redbird8
i got one from ud that was a antonio gate gu but thats it
northicehero99
Topps used to be real good when this first started, as not many people knew and they sent gu all the time. The last 4-5 years I have seen mostly inserts, but on occassion you get an auto or gu, just depends on the set and the odds. I think they probably realized they are giving the farm away and cut back what they are giving in NPNs. I seem to do better with their higher-end products where the odds are 1 per pack, but I have not gotten anything great in a while. The last GU I received I want to say was Wrestling related.

UD went downhill for me when they went to the online offering. I have hardly gotten anything from the program now.

Paninni (Donruss, etc) was also better years ago, now all I seem to get is inserts/parallels when I send in.

Wish I would get some good stuff on my latest entries.
2000 rushing yards
I don't think I have ever gotten any GU/autos from topps. I think all of the NPN companies has gone downhills in terms of getting stuff over the past year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.