Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Hobby history
Collector Zone > Collector Corner > Hobby Talk
finestkind
5 years ago

Topps announced that its 2002 baseball product would honor the 50th anniversary of the classic set by randomly inserting two original Micky Mantle and Jackie Robinson cards into packs, as well as 25,000 original Topps cards featuring every Hall of Famer who has ever appeared on a Topps card.

10 years ago

Michael Gidwitz, an investment advisor from Chicago, paid $640,500 for a T-206 Honus Wagner-with a Piedmont back- at Christies East
auction in New York City. There are thought to be only two specimens of this version of the card in existance, and this near mint example was regarded by many as the finest. At the time, it was a record price for a baseball card.

20 years ago

Mcdonalds announced plans to release a 702-card football set exclusively through it's restaurants. Collectors looking to build the complete set were in for a challenge because the could only get the players for their local teams at the restaurants in their area.

SCD
chopinalex
cool..i remember about 15 years ago when topps had a contest where the winner would win every baseball set it ever printed...i remember cause it was only comercial on tv i ever saw of cards....does anyone remember that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.