Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: TCC Wacky Waxbustin' Weekend!
Collector Zone > TCC Features > Box Breaks
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tromni
I will definitely be busting something. Probably some "greatest hits" from my collecting career, past sets that I absolutely loved but never got to bust in box form.
chopinalex
I think ill bust a case of 1990 proset and post all the hits on here.
yankeesjetsfan
Income taxes should be here well before then. I may actually bust 2 boxes biggrin.gif

Mike
sahetu
QUOTE(chopinalex @ Jan 22 2010, 08:55 PM)
I think ill bust a case of 1990 proset and post all the hits on here.

Seriously, please do so! smile.gif
tj2373
I'm sure I'll be able to get a few boxes by then, even with a baby girl on the way!
sahetu
Okie dokie, ladies and gentleducks...

I tried to get Dave and Adam's to sponsor this event. As I am in good with those guys, I thought I could get them to toss out a coupon, or something. Alas, no. However! They do have free shipping on Thursdays on orders $50 or more, and there is a $5 coupon in the current Beckett! I encourage you to use these guys, as I love them to death.

That said! Michael and I are still working on finding some sponsors!
tj2373
I just placed an order from Dave and Adam's for the following 3 boxes:

2010 Topps Heritage Baseball
2009 Topps Heritage Baseball High Number Series
2008 Topps Heritage Baseball High Number Series
Free Gift of 12 Packs Upper Deck Marvel Masterpieces
Free shipping and $5.00 off order using coupon from Beckett

Will probably order more over the next couple of paydays when I'm able to.

Can't wait to bust open the 2010 Topps Heritage!
facemuscles
I'm going to work something out to bust some product. I haven't busted a box in about a year and I'm long overdue. I'll be saving all feb and march for it and hopefully I'll get enough cash to make it interesting. Thanks for the idea, Andrew. cool.gif
sahetu
smile.gif
poodlum
Pretty sure topps pro debut will be out by then so i should be set....
Kmart6nets
I posted my first video on Youtube the other night (it was a private video, don't ask me for it laugh.gif) ... I just need to figure out ustream next so I can post my break live that weekend!
sahetu
I did my first Ustream last night. I figured out what not to do! lol
sahetu
Everyone dreaming or plotting out which boxes they'll bust? I'm thinking mine will be Press Pass and Rittenhouse focused! On card autos and all. wink.gif
faulkrules
QUOTE(sahetu @ Feb 5 2010, 09:07 AM)
Everyone dreaming or plotting out which boxes they'll bust? I'm thinking mine will be Press Pass and Rittenhouse focused! On card autos and all. wink.gif

My lineup will probably be:
2006 National Treasures FB
2010 Press Pass FB
Star Wars Galaxy 5
mjda
QUOTE(sahetu @ Feb 5 2010, 09:07 AM)

Mine will likely be either Leaf Limited or Donruss Classics, or if my wife is feeling really generous I'll get a box of each! laugh.gif
Cardman123
I'll probably get myself an early birthday present for this event.

Of course, my birthday isn't until September, but that probably won't stop me!! tongue.gif
CardsFromTheAttic
I've got 5 boxes lined up. The trick is for me not to open them once they get here....

NYStateOfMind1976
QUOTE(sahetu @ Feb 5 2010, 11:07 AM)

The debate in my head is on. I cannot decide what to open. I think a box or two or three for sure. Just the sport or product is slipping my mind. I tell myself NT, then I think Limited is fun, then again I like UD Heroes, then of course I like Contenders and then there is SPA and then there is Bowman... get my drift. I cannot decide laugh.gif Oh but I will decide in time though.. Thats for sure...
sahetu
I think my best bet is opening products that will give my collection a huge shot in the arm. I will have to do bang-for-buck as well... I don't wanna drop a lotta dough, y'know? I also want to have one freaky box to share... Something totally off the wall.
dd316
I have two boxes of Galaxy 5 coming in, but I don't think I'll be able to wait til April to open them!
captkirk42
I've got a box of Hockey 91-92 Upper Deck, and a Football 1990 Fleer. Both I had gotten a few years back on Ebay, and never got around to breaking them.

I have a full set of the 1990 Football Fleer, plus the All-Pros from that set. I had gotten this box before I had ebayed for the AllPro set and base sets. I do need the update set though.

For the Hockey I'll keep the Caps I get from that box and a few others, but most will probably be for trade.

I'll try to get some other stuff probably some blasters from Target.

Plus any birthday boxes/packs I end up getting tongue.gif
sahetu
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Feb 9 2010, 07:30 PM)
I've got a box of Hockey 91-92 Upper Deck, and a Football 1990 Fleer. Both I had gotten a few years back on Ebay, and never got around to breaking them.

I have a full set of the 1990 Football Fleer, plus the All-Pros from that set. I had gotten this box before I had ebayed for the AllPro set and base sets. I do need the update set though.

For the Hockey I'll keep the Caps I get from that box and a few others, but most will probably be for trade.

I'll try to get some other stuff probably some blasters from Target.

Plus any birthday boxes/packs I end up getting  tongue.gif

Woo, going old school!
ffman
Don't know what I will do if anything, probably a blaster or two.

I might pick up my first blaster in a while this weekend (2010 Topps).
sahetu
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 9 2010, 08:10 PM)
Don't know what I will do if anything, probably a blaster or two.

I might pick up my first blaster in a while this weekend (2010 Topps).

biggrin.gif Topps 2010 is fun, especially the insert sets.
ffman
QUOTE(sahetu @ Feb 9 2010, 06:16 PM)
biggrin.gif Topps 2010 is fun, especially the insert sets.

I pulled three inserts each from two packs last weekend, plus two David Wright cards. biggrin.gif
Rhody_Red_Pats
Just bought a box I'll be breaking for the WWW. Trying something different for the event - non-sports! I'll have to stash it out of sight so I don't give into temptation and bust it early.
tj2373
Just ordered this box from www.tisinc99.com:

2010 Topps Heritage $66.99 on sale + $13.95 for shipping USPS.

They have a sale going on most of their boxes. Check them out.
Tromni
And my first box is being delivered today. I dropped a gigantic $20 on a box of 1999 Hologrfx football from Upper Deck. Don't ask me why, but I was desperate to get my hands on the super shiny base cards from that set.

But hey, 1 box per case contains an autograph from a checklist including Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Payton Manning, Brett Favre . . . Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, etc. And for all I know, the good ones are all redemptions!

Should be a fun start to the day. Now to search out a nice older box in every other product category. 1993 Studio baseball and Marvel Universe IV are high on the list.
sahetu
We are 1 month away folks! biggrin.gif
dd316
My wife told me my two Galaxy 5 boxes are at home waiting for me, there's now WAY I can wait until April to open them - I've been itching!!!

Maybe if my comp box from Topps arrives by then I'll hold onto it, but it looks like I may have to grab something else. I'm doing a show in Baltimore on 3/21, so I'll try to pick up something there (and also try to keep the wrapper on!).
ffman
I'm guessing mine will still be 2010 Topps!
tj2373
QUOTE(tj2373 @ Jan 23 2010, 12:21 PM)
I just placed an order from Dave and Adam's for the following 3 boxes:

2010 Topps Heritage Baseball
2009 Topps Heritage Baseball High Number Series
2008 Topps Heritage Baseball High Number Series
Free Gift of 12 Packs Upper Deck Marvel Masterpieces
Free shipping and $5.00 off order using coupon from Beckett

Will probably order more over the next couple of paydays when I'm able to. 

Can't wait to bust open the 2010 Topps Heritage!

Just received this shipment of cards today from Dave and Adam's. They are sitting in my bedroom in the box they came in. Going to be tough to wait to open them. Waiting on one more box of 2010 Topps Heritage baseball to arrive.

Now to decide on another box or two
faulkrules
QUOTE(sahetu @ Mar 2 2010, 03:31 PM)
We are 1 month away folks! biggrin.gif

Still going with an 06 NT and SWG5...but undecided on box #3. Just opened the WORST box of Topps Unique in the entire production run (Browns dual plain GU /79, Urlacher patch /50 (maroon?), and a James Davis AU /1000 (seriously, 1000!). If I got another box of that it would HAVE to be better!
sahetu
*rubs hands*

It's just three short weeks away! We may have to figure out how we're going to present box breaks on this day. I'm thinking people just post all new threads in the box breaks forum, each new post prefaced with "WWW:"

Other thoughts?
captkirk42
QUOTE(sahetu @ Mar 13 2010, 01:36 AM)
*rubs hands*

It's just three short weeks away! We may have to figure out how we're going to present box breaks on this day. I'm thinking people just post all new threads in the box breaks forum, each new post prefaced with "WWW:"

Other thoughts?

That might work, you also might want to have a "master" WWW thread where folks can post links to their breaks be them old school or via videos.

So far I just have my old school boxes from early 90s, been thinking of doing Ustream vids for them. I still have time to get a current blaster or two hmmm decisions.
2000 rushing yards
i'm looking to bust some gridiron gear that day so hopefully i'll get some MOJO!
tj2373
QUOTE(tj2373 @ Feb 25 2010, 12:38 PM)
Just ordered this box from www.tisinc99.com:

2010 Topps Heritage $66.99 on sale + $13.95 for shipping USPS.

They have a sale going on most of their boxes.  Check them out.

This box arrived today via UPS. Can't wait to open them.
5toosweet
QUOTE(captkirk42 @ Mar 13 2010, 06:54 PM)
That might work, you also might want to have a "master" WWW thread where folks can post links to their breaks be them old school or via videos.

I like this idea the best. wink.gif
sahetu
QUOTE(5toosweet @ Mar 16 2010, 12:43 AM)
I like this idea the best. wink.gif

Me too!
Tromni
Alright, a blowout special allowed me to secure a second box for the weekend: Rittenhouse's Quotable Deep Space 9, by far my favorite star trek series. 1 auto and 2 costume cards

Other than searching out 1993 Studio baseball, i think that'll complete the weekend for me. All breaks old school too, video will just be too much hassle.
faulkrules
My list is finalized!

09 Classics - Lots of cuts in there!
09 SW Galaxy 5 - Hoping for a Katie Cook sketch!!
06 NT - 7 new additions to my PC!!!

smile.gif
sahetu
Well, we are ~15 days away from our first Wacky Waxbustin' Weekend, and I've already got some stuff stockpiled:

1994 Classic 4 Sport hobby box.
1995/96 Slapshot OHL Hockey hobby box.
2002-03 Press Pass Basketball hobby box.

And a LOT of random packs - sport, non-sport, old, new, etc. smile.gif
otis0220
What a coincidence this event is around the time we get our tax refunds in the mail.
sahetu
QUOTE(otis0220 @ Mar 19 2010, 06:37 PM)
What a coincidence this event is around the time we get our tax refunds in the mail.

I planned it that way.
otis0220
Haha, that's what I thought. Well it definitely works out. Hmm, what to buy...
sportsdude112000
Here is the boxes i have just ordered for this weekend

2009 Tristar TNA Impact Wrestling Hobby Box
2009 Tristar TNA Knockouts Wrestling Hobby Box
2008 Press Pass Basketball Hobby Box
2007/08 Fleer Hot Prospects Basketball Hobby Box
2008/09 Fleer Hot Prospects Basketball Hobby Box
2008 Tristar TNA Cross The Line Wrestling Hobby Box
2008 Benchwarmer Signature Series Trading Cards Box

I cant wait for next weekend
otis0220
Not bad. What do you guys think of my Upper Deck exclusive order?

07 Sweet Spot BSB
08 Sweet Spot BSB
06/07 Sweet Spot BKB
08/09 Skybox BKB
08 Heroes FB

Ordered from DCS this time so I will be getting 5 surprise packs. Too bad you never get surprise cases.
sahetu
Woo. smile.gif Look at you guys!
faulkrules
Had to shift my order...BOC sold out of 06NT sad.gif

DA had some hard-to-find boxes so I went with:

06 Gridiron Gear
07 Gridiron Gear!
09 Classics

Looking forward to next weekend!
fishkid
well ive got a blaster of 07-08 luxury box blaster, a box of 06-07 Upper deck and a box of 01-02 fleer authentix. Ive been in the process of opening a box of 01-02 staduim club but the way things are looking ill hvae a pack or 2 to break also
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.