Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Call of Duty Thread.
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Entertainment News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ffman
I prestiged again.

I was falling in love with the FAL and partially the AK-47, but I couldn't beat the temptation to go through it again. This is my third prestige, so I now have 7 custom classes.

Rusty_Dawg37
RPD=Rusty's Personal Deathdealer smile.gif

take out the underscore and this is my xbox tag as well if anyone wants to get down. I mostly play mornings eastern time during the week and on and off during weekends.
cardinal
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Apr 8 2010, 11:55 AM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wonder what the amount of time in years is of people playing World of Warcraft. Probably something pretty disgusting like 4-5 million years.
ffman
QUOTE(cardinal @ Apr 14 2010, 01:26 PM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I wonder what the amount of time in years is of people playing World of Warcraft. Probably something pretty disgusting like 4-5 million years.

Probably.

I've spent 9 days and 4 hours on MW 2 myself. Nearing the 240 hour mark. ohmy.gif

I can only imagine what the total would be if:

A) it was summer break
cool.gif I had no job.

But, college and a job limit me to 6-7 hours Thursday night, 2-3 (if that) Friday night, and 4-5 Saturday night.
metsfan2427
I'm done with MW2.I no longer see the point of putting up with all the crap. Will be trading/selling my copy.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Apr 18 2010, 09:45 PM)
I'm done with MW2.I no longer see the point of putting up with all the crap. Will be trading/selling my copy.

For the second time? tongue.gif
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Apr 18 2010, 09:47 PM)
For the second time?  tongue.gif

Yey lol but this time i'm not buying it back.
Bravesfan10
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Apr 19 2010, 05:53 AM)
Yey lol but this time i'm not buying it back.

Trade it in and buy Fallout 3!
degibson84
I am dissapointed that i bought the stimulus package just for XBOX to add the new maps a few days later to all the other game modes
ffman
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Apr 19 2010, 07:52 AM)
I am dissapointed that i bought the stimulus package just for XBOX to add the new maps a few days later to all the other game modes

?

They are only added into the new game modes for you because you bought the pack.

For those that didn't buy the pack, they only the have the old maps in every game mode.

I rediscovered the silenced UMP45 - powerful!

metsfan2427
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Apr 19 2010, 09:52 AM)

I most agree i was very disappointed with the package esp at the price. Wish i would have spent the money on cards or something else.
degibson84
QUOTE(ffman @ Apr 19 2010, 01:46 PM)

They are only added into the new game modes for you because you bought the pack.

For those that didn't buy the pack, they only the have the old maps in every game mode.
I rediscovered the silenced UMP45 - powerful!

My brother didn't purchase the stimulus package and we played on overgrown together last night in TDM Express. not in the Stimulus package
ffman
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Apr 19 2010, 05:56 PM)
My brother didn't purchase the stimulus package and we played on overgrown together last night in TDM Express. not in the Stimulus package

Any time I have played in a party with those who don't have the package, we were restricted to old maps only.

degibson84
QUOTE(ffman @ Apr 19 2010, 08:00 PM)
Any time I have played in a party with those who don't have the package, we were restricted to old maps only.

we weren't able to at first but then we both had updates and we were able to the other day.
Stlouisrams1600
Just got to my second Prestige today. smile.gif
ffman
Late last week I began to get tired of Modern Warfare 2, so I went old-school and played Final Fantasy VII for a bit.

After getting "stuck" I went back to MW 2 for a couple hours last night and found a new temporary set-up.

M21 EBR (silencer)
PP2000 w/ extended mags
Scavenger Pro
SP Pro or CB
Ninja Pro

Quite fun.
ffman
Let the anger begin again.

June 3 a new MW 2 map pack, "Resurgence" will come out. 3 new maps, 2 old maps.

And, $15.

For the record, I will likely be buying it like I did the Stimulus Package.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(ffman @ May 14 2010, 11:22 AM)
Let the anger begin again.

June 3 a new MW 2 map pack, "Resurgence" will come out.  3 new maps, 2 old maps. 

And, $15.

For the record, I will likely be buying it like I did the  Stimulus Package.

Which old maps?
ffman
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ May 14 2010, 01:33 PM)
Which old maps?

Vacant and Strike.

I should be excited for Vacant, because I dominated it on CoD 4 with the AK-47. However, the AK isn't as good on MW 2.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(ffman @ May 14 2010, 03:36 PM)
Vacant and Strike.

I should be excited for Vacant, because I dominated it on CoD 4 with the AK-47.  However, the AK isn't as good on MW 2.

I hate Vacant and Strike isn't my favorite either. tongue.gif They need to get some good sniping maps. (Wet Work, Bloc, Crossfire)
ffman
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ May 14 2010, 01:57 PM)
I hate Vacant and Strike isn't my favorite either. tongue.gif They need to get some good sniping maps. (Wet Work, Bloc, Crossfire)

Overgrown and Crash kinda fit that description I reckon.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(ffman @ May 14 2010, 04:18 PM)
Overgrown and Crash kinda fit that description I reckon.

Crash I have my own technique in the beginning. wink.gif laugh.gif
ffman
For the fun of it I am rocking what is arguably the worst gun in the game - the F2000.

Gotta fire in bursts and use SP, but it's ok.
metsfan2427
Black Ops trailer was on last night. Thoughts on it. It looks nice and possible there may be some type of destruction engine for the game.

Really looking forward to seeing more at E3 in a couple weeks.
Stlouisrams1600
One more level away from getting on to my third Prestige on MW Reflex. Still having fun with this, I do get mad occasionally from noob tubes but I've been doing really good lately.
soccer23
This is a really good game. I am on 5th prestige and it just keeps geting better and better.
Stlouisrams1600
On my third Prestige level 30 already. laugh.gif Still having fun with this.
ffman
If you think noob tubes are bad on MW, they are worse on MW 2.

Not quite game-breaking (in my opinion) unless you get stuck in a lobby with a group of them.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Jun 30 2010, 11:10 AM)

Not quite game-breaking (in my opinion) unless you get stuck in a lobby with a group of them.

personally i think the noobtubes are game breaking. Same as commando.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(ffman @ Jun 30 2010, 11:10 AM)

I hear that's horrible, along with campers.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Jul 1 2010, 10:46 AM)
I hear that's horrible, along with campers.

sums up mw2.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Jul 1 2010, 07:46 PM)
sums up mw2.

Still excited to get a 360 and play MW2.
metsfan2427
its not horrible but its not amazing either
mjda
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Jul 1 2010, 08:57 PM)
Still excited to get a 360 and play MW2.

The game is fun but, just like all the previous CoD games (and any other online game I'm sure), you just have to learn the maps. Know where to go, and where not to go. Where to "camp" and where not to. Most importantly, know where to expect someone else to be camping.

Now, as far as the "noob tube" debate goes, I'll give my stance on it as well, which has recently changed with MW2. I used to be 100% anti-tubes.

There are certain maps that start out as a rain of "noob tubes". There are also certain camping spots, and "hot spots" where tubes are frequently shot. I use them myself. In fact, my secondary weapon on all my classes is the Thumper. If I can get an easy kill at the start of the map, or catch someone chilling in known camping spots, why not? I play to win, not to satisfy the other team with my weapon selecting skills. I also rarely get tubed, mainly because I rarely stop moving. Tubes are made, in my opinion, to get people out of their corners and camp grounds. Now, one thing you won't see me doing is shooting randomly across the map, using one man army to lay down continuous tube fire.

In short, if they're used with a purpose and direction I'm all for it. If you know where I am, blast me with it. I'd do the same to you. If you use them because you can't get kills any other way, and are just shooting them in random locations hoping someone is there, sell your copy of the game on eBay.
mjda
Also, since I originally posted my regular classes on here they've definitely changed. Keeping in mind I ONLY play hardcore team deathmatch and hardcore search, here's what I roll with now:

Class 1 (used 90% of the time):
UMP45, silenced
Thumper

Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Ninja Pro

Class 2 (used when the opposing team is camping a lot):
ACR, with tubes
Thumper

Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded
Ninja Pro

Class 3 (used on Wasteland and Derail):
M21, silenced
Raffica, red dot

Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded
Ninja Pro

That's it. If I'm not using one of those, it was an accident, and I'll most likely have a teammate kill me so I can change it. laugh.gif
ffman
I have found a new favorite perk - SitRep.

For kicks and giggles I decided to go after SitRep Pro; so far I'm about 1/3 of the way there.

It's so satisfying seeing a claymore behind a wall and blowing it up. Especially if an enemy is close to it.

I tried Ground War thinking I would see more claymores last night. I didn't, but two fantastic matches came about in Ground War. 24-0 on Afghan (no nuke equipped; used Pred/Harrier/CG). 24-5 on Rundown (my first death came while I was using my CG).
metsfan2427
having some fun with WAW but it has the same problem as mw2. is tons of fun we your not in a rapid fire mod. mp40 lobby.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(mjda @ Jul 1 2010, 11:47 PM)
Also, since I originally posted my regular classes on here they've definitely changed. Keeping in mind I ONLY play hardcore team deathmatch and hardcore search, here's what I roll with now:

Class 1 (used 90% of the time):
UMP45, silenced
Thumper

Marathon Pro
Lightweight Pro
Ninja Pro

Class 2 (used when the opposing team is camping a lot):
ACR, with tubes
Thumper

Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded
Ninja Pro

Class 3 (used on Wasteland and Derail):
M21, silenced
Raffica, red dot

Scavenger Pro
Cold-Blooded
Ninja Pro

That's it. If I'm not using one of those, it was an accident, and I'll most likely have a teammate kill me so I can change it. laugh.gif

use the scar or fal in hc acr is still two hit kill
mjda
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Jul 5 2010, 02:29 PM)
use the scar or fal in hc acr is still two hit kill

I can't use a single fire weapon because I run around a lot. It's just easier to pull up a machine gun and fire away than it is to pull up a single fire rifle when you're in full sprint. I do use the scar up until I unlock the acr, but I like it a lot better. It just doesn't seem as bulky and makes me feel like I'm moving faster.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(mjda @ Jul 5 2010, 03:35 PM)
I can't use a single fire weapon because I run around a lot. It's just easier to pull up a machine gun and fire away than it is to pull up a single fire rifle when you're in full sprint. I do use the scar up until I unlock the acr, but I like it a lot better. It just doesn't seem as bulky and makes me feel like I'm moving faster.

speed is the same for all assault rifles
mjda
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Jul 5 2010, 04:41 PM)
speed is the same for all assault rifles

Maybe so, but the "feel" is not. I "feel" faster with the acr than I do with the scar.
rafa20440
Here is my ps3 tag if anyone wants to add me.

MalditoXMX
ffman
Remember the hacked care package lobby I mentioned a few weeks ago?

Well, I was put into another last night. It started on Wasteland again, with a CG that killed me as soon as I spawned. I was somehow able to shoot it down, and finish the match with a decent score.

I decided to stay in the lobby. The next map was salvage, and I got a relatively easy four kills with my P90. My care package also contained a CG.

Minutes later, I was 36-0. Being in the same lobby, mine was hacked too. Almost every shot from the CG hit someone, even if the guy was inside a building. The next match someone else went 47-7.

Oddly, however, my highest killstreak stayed at 29.
poodlum
Intervention and slight of hand pro is what made this game, without quickscopes it would get boring fast.
metsfan2427
IMO one thing that ruined the game. SOH. It took most skill out of quick scoping
ffman
I would like to confess that I am a Call of Duty addict.

In total, I have spent $150 on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. This weekend mvpujols#5 accidentally dropped a controller on my Xbox while MW 2 was in the system; the result was a laser-burned disc. I highly considered buying Bad Company 2 instead of MW 2 again, but couldn't resist.

First game - $60
Map Pack 1 - $15
Map Pack 2 - $115
Second game - $60

Total - $150.
cardinal
QUOTE(ffman @ Jul 27 2010, 02:00 PM)
I would like to confess that I am a Call of Duty addict. 

In total, I have spent $150 on Call of Duty:  Modern Warfare 2.  This weekend mvpujols#5 accidentally dropped a controller on my Xbox while MW 2 was in the system; the result was a laser-burned disc.  I highly considered buying Bad Company 2 instead of MW 2 again, but couldn't resist.

First game - $60
Map Pack 1 - $15
Map Pack 2 - $115
Second game - $60

Total - $150.

Why was the second game $60?
ffman
QUOTE(cardinal @ Jul 27 2010, 02:21 PM)
Why was the second game $60?

Wal-Mart's replacement period is 90 days, and I was twice past that.

And GameStop isn't close to me like Wal-Mart is (where I work).
metsfan2427
played a few games on cod4 in the last couple days
cardinal
QUOTE(ffman @ Jul 27 2010, 03:24 PM)
Wal-Mart's replacement period is 90 days, and I was twice past that. 

And GameStop isn't close to me like Wal-Mart is (where I work).

Why not eBay or Glyde? It's $30-35 there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.