Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Call of Duty Thread.
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Entertainment News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
ffman
Think I might play a little MW 2 tonight before Lost.
metsfan2427
Pretty interesting day for COD.
From IGN.COM

March 2, 2010 - Along with announcing a new Call of Duty title, Activision has confirmed reports that Infinity Ward studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella are no longer with the company. No other firings have been announced.

Both Zampella and West reportedly held private meetings with Activision yesterday while security unexpectedly entered the studio late last night. Questions arose this morning about Zampella and West's continued employment with Infinity Ward when LinkedIn profiles for both were updated to show they were no longer working there.

While no details were given about their departure, it's believed they were part of an internal HR investigation into breaches of contract and insubordination, according to Activision's SEC filing from yesterday.

Activision Publishing executives Steve Pearce and chief technology officer Steve Ackrich will lead Infinity Ward on an interim basis. Philip Earl, who currently runs Activision Publishing's Asia Pacific region, will lead the Call of Duty business unit at Activision.
ffman
Had my best match today in terms of K/D; 22-0 on Sub Base.

I kind of hid out in a corner once I hit 19-0 so I wouldn't get killed.

SCAR-H silenced (had to pick up an enemies M4A1)
M9
Scavenger Pro
CB
Ninja Pro
Throwing Knife
Pred/Harrier/Pavelow

Believe it or not my first kill was with a throwing knife. laugh.gif I lined up my throw near a corner where an enemy comes around and let it go!

In related news, I had two game-winning kills with a throwing knife today.
ffman
Xbox users:

New MW 2 maps March 30th.
Stlouisrams1600
Can't seem to get my K/D up even though I'm going positive in mostly every game I play.... Still stuck at a .94.
Stlouisrams1600
Went 35-1 earlier on Wet Work. Using the R700 for sniping and a RPD. Called in 2 Choppers 2 Airstrikes and 2 UAV's. smile.gif
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 9 2010, 11:32 PM)
Xbox users:

New MW 2 maps March 30th.

looks like it may run you up 15 bucks to.
ffman
I'll pay $15.

As long as they don't go ape-crazy with map packs like Treyarch did with World at War, I'm fine.

I found a new favorite weapon - silenced M4A1 with stopping power.

Originally I thought the M4 was a horrible gun, as it seemed overly weak. After being dominated with a guy running around with the above set-up, I gave the gun a new try.

After I unlocked the silencer I was amazed. To me, it seems that the silenced M4A1 kills almost as fast as an un-silenced one.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 14 2010, 12:24 PM)
I'll pay $15.

As long as they don't go ape-crazy with map packs like Treyarch did with World at War, I'm fine.

I found a new favorite weapon - silenced M4A1 with stopping power. 

Originally I thought the M4 was a horrible gun, as it seemed overly weak.   After being dominated with a guy running around with the above set-up, I gave the gun a new try. 

After I unlocked the silencer I was amazed.  To me, it seems that the silenced M4A1 kills almost as fast as an un-silenced one.

there will be atleast two map packs. from what i have seen.

I just find 15 bucks for 3 new maps overpriced.
ffman
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Mar 14 2010, 11:34 AM)
there will be atleast two map packs. from what i have seen.

I just find 15 bucks for 3 new maps overpriced.

I look forward to the old maps too, especially Overgrown.

Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 14 2010, 12:38 PM)

Ew, that map is horrible.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 14 2010, 12:38 PM)

i may get idk. depends on how much i play if i get it from gamefly
crash would be fun and the 3 new maps look decent.
metsfan2427
the 15 dollar price was confirmed by major nelson.

A bit high as you can get an arcade game for that price.

Its still going to sell. But i wouldn't expect numbers as crazy as the retail sales of the game.

I just don't see the price as a smart move.
ffman
I'm not a huge fan of the high price myself (I will now have to buy two 1600 point cards to cover it and Perfect Dark, but I will still get it.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 15 2010, 10:58 AM)
I'm not a huge fan of the high price myself (I will now have to buy two 1600 point cards to cover it and Perfect Dark, but I will still get it.

i was thinking about getting but unless i really get back in cod agian or really like the maps from gameplay i see i doubt i will get it.
cardinal
Battlefield > Call of Duty

BF:BC2 won't be charging $15 for map packs anytime soon...if at all.

Also, I think you can download the map pack for free if you have MW2 on PC.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(cardinal @ Mar 15 2010, 02:20 PM)
Battlefield > Call of Duty

BF:BC2 won't be charging $15 for map packs anytime soon...if at all.

Also, I think you can download the map pack for free if you have MW2 on PC.

I love BC2 some times but i hate it other-times.
ffman
People are raging about this on the GameFAQs forums.

It's just $5 extra, goodness.

BC is too slow-paced for me sometimes. And, if the gunplay on BC 2 is anything like BC 1, I hate having to unload an entire clip into a guy to kill him.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 15 2010, 06:03 PM)
People are raging about this on the GameFAQs forums.

It's just $5 extra, goodness. 

BC is too slow-paced for me sometimes.  And, if the gunplay on BC 2 is anything like BC 1, I hate having to unload an entire clip into a guy to kill him.

they fixed that. but there are still some hit dection issues mostly cause by lag.

I think the problem. About the price is that it may be only 5 more bucks. But your only getting 3 new maps for a the price of a XBLA game.

Its just 5 bucks. But it is a 50 percent increase. Plus there are supposed to be 3 map packs. so 45 bucks for map packs is just nuts.
metsfan2427
Got mw2 today.

Much better than it was before. Still some crap like dudes running around with noob tubes.

Going around 1-2 k/d every game.

Loving the tar21 with holo. Not sure if i will buy mw2 again though.
ffman
Haha, you couldn't stay away.

I admit I have one noob-tube class but it doesn't use OMA (Danger Close only).

I tried one or two matches with OMA and I felt dirty the entire time. laugh.gif
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 17 2010, 04:12 PM)
Haha, you couldn't stay away.

I admit I have one noob-tube class but it doesn't use OMA (Danger Close only). 

I tried one or two matches with OMA and I felt dirty the entire time.  laugh.gif

yep i guess.
metsfan2427
almost got a nuke against some guys using oma. i was at 21 then some dude shot me.

but noob tubing has got out of hand. It seems almost every domination game some one is using oma.
Stlouisrams1600
Almost on my second Prestige, level 50!
ffman
I feel like I am tiring of MW 2 again.

Maybe that will change this weekend with the map pack.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 28 2010, 12:31 PM)

The maps do you look pretty cool, I wish they would have picked a different map instead of Overgrown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6efS-SDzhu8
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 28 2010, 12:31 PM)

Go play something else. There are plenty of other games besides mw2.
ffman
I have been playing Mass Effect 2, which I'm around 2 hours from completing I reckon.

On another note, I might not be getting the map pack.

Instead of using an "integrated" system like Call of Duty 4 did (automatically segregating players into those that do and don't have the map pack - ie, if you have it, you are placed with others who do) they created a separate playlist. Problem is, the playlist contains mixed modes.

In other words, if you want to play Team Deathmatch only with the new maps mixed in, you can't.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 30 2010, 04:10 PM)
I have been playing Mass Effect 2, which I'm around 2 hours from completing I reckon.

On another note, I might not be getting the map pack.

Instead of using an "integrated" system like Call of Duty 4 did (automatically segregating players into those that do and don't have the map pack - ie, if you have it, you are placed with others who do) they created a separate playlist.  Problem is, the playlist contains mixed modes.

In other words, if you want to play Team Deathmatch only with the new maps mixed in, you can't.

thats good but i'm still getting it.
Bravesfan10
I just have one word.... CRASH biggrin.gif
ffman
QUOTE(Bravesfan10 @ Mar 30 2010, 06:15 PM)
I just have one word.... CRASH biggrin.gif

Do you have it?

Bailout looks great. I'm excited for Overgrown out of the old two, as I never cared for Crash that much.
austin81
I like waw and mw2 they both are great but htermal sight is BEAST! also nubtub lol smile.gif
they both are great games what are ur guyses favorites?
killer
i play MW2 alot online im LVL60
metsfan2427
This is straight from Robert Bowlings Twitter page -

"Behold! The power of feedback. We'll be integrating the new maps into all playlists as well as enabling Double XP for all playlists tomorrow" - 1 hour ago
ffman
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Mar 30 2010, 07:09 PM)
This is straight from Robert Bowlings Twitter page -
"Behold! The power of feedback. We'll be integrating the new maps into all playlists as well as enabling Double XP for all playlists tomorrow" - 1 hour ago

Ok, I will be getting the map pack.
cardinal
QUOTE(austin81 @ Mar 30 2010, 07:27 PM)
I like waw and mw2 they both are great but htermal sight is BEAST! also nubtub lol smile.gif
they both are great games what are ur guyses favorites?

Call of Duty 2 on PC is/was (I no longer play it) definitely my favorite COD.
ffman
I just watched a player (on YouTube) get a Tactical Nuke on Bailout.
metsfan2427
Bailout is awsome.
Salvage is bad.
Strom is ok.

Bravesfan10
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 30 2010, 07:20 PM)
Do you have it?

Bailout looks great.  I'm excited for Overgrown out of the old two, as I never cared for Crash that much.

Overgrown fits into MW2 great. Storm is rage inducing, but the other two are pretty fun
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Bravesfan10 @ Mar 31 2010, 09:34 PM)
Overgrown fits into MW2 great. Storm is rage inducing, but the other two are pretty fun

so far all i have seen in storm is camping and noobtubes,
ffman
I can't wait for Bailout and Overgrown.

Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 31 2010, 09:55 PM)
I can't wait for Bailout and Overgrown.

Overgrown.. Booooo!
ffman
I bought the map pack last night.

To be honest, I am not overly impressed but maybe the maps will grow on me. I did rediscover an old favorite last night however: the FAL.

metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Apr 2 2010, 12:14 PM)
I bought the map pack last night.

To be honest, I am not overly impressed but maybe the maps will grow on me.  I did rediscover an old favorite last night however:  the FAL.

FAL is nice but Tar and ACR pwn all.
ffman
What is your worst K/D ratio for one match?

I had one of my worst last weekend: 3-18.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Apr 5 2010, 03:12 PM)

I had one of my worst last weekend:  3-18.

i think 3-10. i usually try to forget about bad games.
Stlouisrams1600
I think mine was 2-14 when I first got WAW.
Bravesfan10
QUOTE(ffman @ Apr 5 2010, 02:12 PM)

Bad.... REALLY bad dry.gif
metsfan2427
200,000 Years spent playing MW2
http://apps.facebook.com/upitone/?controll...s&news_id=32809
ffman
Ah, MW 2 is great.

I had a few great matches yesterday, including one 24-5 match (with a 5,6,7 killstreak) that was lost due to a bad connection.

For a while I was stuck with one group of guys who were unstoppable; as a result, I had a bad run of matches. I finally got tired of it and left - in the match right after (or the second one, can't remember), I went 30-6. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.