Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Call of Duty Thread.
Collector Zone > Water Cooler > Entertainment News
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
metsfan2427
I think i'm done with mw2
ffman
I'm not.

Although....dunno if I will get the urge to pick up Mass Effect 2 tomorrow or not.

Either that or a blaster of 2010 Topps.
metsfan2427
Just tried of all the crap in mw2.

Not worth wasting my time on a screwed up game.

Plus by the end of the month there will mostly be another glitch
ffman
I prestiged again last night.
Bravesfan10
I've found that free for all on MW2 is WAY more fun than TDM. Alot less air support, more use of the actual guns!
metsfan2427
have been enjoying cod4 the past couple days.

probley will end up selling mw2 when bfbc2 comes out
ffman
I had a good deal of fun last night with the Intervention.

On one match I went 19-3 with it and the PP2000 on Estate.

I admit I was camping in one area of the mansion, but had to venture out (and soon get killed) after my PP2000 ran dry.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 20 2010, 09:32 PM)
I had a good deal of fun last night with the Intervention.

On one match I went 19-3 with it and the PP2000 on Estate. 

I admit I was camping in one area of the mansion, but had to venture out (and soon get killed) after my PP2000 ran dry.

i like estate if i can get in the esate.

otherwise it just blows.
ffman
Last night I dominated on Wasteland with the Intervention and PP2000.

I started the match off bad with a death, but after that I racked up 17 kills without dying.

Once I called in the Harrier and Pavelow it was all over. That combination got me around 8 kills. I would have had the game-winning kill with either but mvpujols#5 had to get it. tongue.gif

It was nice playing a few matches with Landon though, as he hasn't played his 360 much online lately.
metsfan2427
think i may hold on to mw2 for a while.

Went 30-10 with the FAL

Also got to play a round of Global Thermonuclear War.

Its pretty fun. Being all slowmotion is pretty weird. If you don't know what it is. There is a nuke in the middle of the map. Both teams try to just sit by the nuke and you get points for sitting by it. We one team reaches 100 points its over and a nuke goes boom.
ffman
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Feb 21 2010, 01:06 PM)
think i may hold on to mw2 for a while.

Went 30-10 with the FAL
Also got to play a round of Global Thermonuclear War.

Its pretty fun. Being all slowmotion is pretty weird. If you don't know what it is. There is a nuke in the middle of the map. Both teams try to just sit by the nuke and you get points for sitting by it. We one team reaches 100 points its over and a nuke goes boom.

How did you get to play that?

I saw a video of it once but it isn't normally accessible right?
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 21 2010, 02:10 PM)
How did you get to play that?

I saw a video of it once but it isn't normally accessible right?

I only got to play it becuase on of my friends was playing it and i just hit join session

Correct it has to be a hacked game
degibson84
I was going to say i have never heard of that game
metsfan2427
QUOTE(degibson84 @ Feb 21 2010, 02:13 PM)
I was going to say i have never heard of that game

just one of the gametypes that are sitting on the disk. that aren't unlocked.
ffman
I want to get World at War.

But...my Wal-Mart no longer carries it.
metsfan2427
I would really hope IW would release the game type for free as a large majority already know its on the disc.

It will be interesting how the next game by iw will do.

MW2 has really showed the crap side of iw.
metsfan2427
i should have waw in the mail in a couple days.
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Feb 24 2010, 07:36 AM)
i should have waw in the mail in a couple days.

I stopped playing that. Got boring to me after playing so much MW.
metsfan2427
WAW multi-player is horrible

ffman
I actually took a two-day break from Call of Duty this weekend. I played a little bit Thursday night, but not Friday or Saturday.

Why? Mass Effect 2. biggrin.gif
cardinal
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Feb 26 2010, 06:37 PM)
WAW multi-player is horrible

How so? Are you saying this just because you think it would be cool or funny to be different? WAW runs the EXACT same engine as COD4 and MW2. The game is virtually the same as COD4 and MW2 but in a WWII setting.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(cardinal @ Feb 28 2010, 12:47 PM)
How so? Are you saying this just because you think it would be cool or funny to be different? WAW runs the EXACT same engine as COD4 and MW2. The game is virtually the same as COD4 and MW2 but in a WWII setting.

Its just my opinion and i know a ton of people disliked WAW.

First, The matchmaking how bad can you make it. It takes forever to find a game and then when you do find a game half the time its says you don't have the map packs. It seems to kick you out almost every game.
Second, I think the maps blow.
Thrid, Either use a mp40 or a sniper rifle or go screw your self.
ffman
The map pack issue is bad (I liked Call of Duty 4's system where if you didn't have the one map pack....no problem; you never got booted from a lobby).

With my brief time with WaW I couldn't see why everyone loved the MP40. The Type 99 is where it's at (except for the horrible sight).
Stlouisrams1600
Never heard of that problem on the Wii. smile.gif
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Feb 28 2010, 09:17 PM)
Never heard that problem on the Wii. smile.gif

don't think waw on the wii had any map packs
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Feb 28 2010, 09:18 PM)
don't think waw on the wii had any map packs

Nope.
On a side note, today I went 16-1 sniping on Wet Work on MW.
ffman
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Feb 28 2010, 08:24 PM)
Nope.
On a side note, today I went 16-1 sniping on Wet Work on MW.

Great sniping map.

I liked camping on either of the far sides and sniping the other snipers. laugh.gif
Stlouisrams1600
QUOTE(ffman @ Feb 28 2010, 09:33 PM)
Great sniping map.

I liked camping on either of the far sides and sniping the other snipers.  laugh.gif

Thats what I did! smile.gif
cardinal
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Feb 28 2010, 07:18 PM)
First, The matchmaking how bad can you make it. It takes forever to find a game and then when you do find a game half the time its says you don't have the map packs. It seems to kick you out almost every game.

All of those are console problems. That's why you play FPS on PC. wink.gif
metsfan2427
QUOTE(cardinal @ Feb 28 2010, 10:08 PM)
All of those are console problems. That's why you play FPS on PC.  wink.gif

1. I don't have 600 bucks to blow on a pc.
2. I don't what to play with a bunch of hackers.
ffman
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Mar 1 2010, 05:37 AM)

Can't really apply #2 right now with the rise of glitchers/etc on the consoles.

But I agree....I don't have $500-$1000 to buy a good gaming PC.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(ffman @ Mar 1 2010, 10:52 AM)
Can't really apply #2 right now with the rise of glitchers/etc on the consoles. 

But I agree....I don't have $500-$1000 to buy a good gaming PC.

True but hacking is still worse on the pc.
whatwild
Cool game I played mw more than enough level 10 on that one.As for mw2 im only like a 65 67 ive took a long break from it.

Both are great games
Stlouisrams1600
Last night I reached 3 days logged in on MW. smile.gif
cardinal
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Mar 1 2010, 06:37 AM)

"I don't what to play with a bunch of hackers." I don't even know what that's suppose to mean.

You clearly know nothing about PC gaming. Ever heard of VAC? it's an anti-hacker company that is built into all VALVe games and stops and permanently bans hackers VERY effectively. Punkbuster for COD isn't too bad either.....

As for #1, you don't need a good gaming PC to play all the PC games. As long as you at least have a PC (and you obviously do) then you shouldn't have a problem playing PC games with the exception of some slight upgrades every few years. I only spent about 200 dollars (about half of what I paid for my 360) to upgrade my PC with 4GB of RAM and a nice video card.
ffman
QUOTE(cardinal @ Mar 1 2010, 02:56 PM)
"I don't what to play with a bunch of hackers." I don't even know what that's suppose to mean.

You clearly know nothing about PC gaming. Ever heard of VAC? it's an anti-hacker company that is built into all VALVe games and stops and permanently bans hackers VERY effectively. Punkbuster for COD isn't too bad either.....

As for #1, you don't need a good gaming PC to play all the PC games. As long as you at least have a PC (and you obviously do) then you shouldn't have a problem playing PC games with the exception of some slight upgrades every few years. I only spent about 200 dollars (about half of what I paid for my 360) to upgrade my PC with 4GB of RAM and a nice video card.

However, you also have to update a gaming computer over time; not so for a gaming console.

Yes, new ones do come out - but not every 1-2 years (usually at least 5 or 6). PC graphic standards change more frequently.

The only four PC games I have consistently played (all offline) are:

- Half-Life
- Civilization II and III
- Diablo I

I'm actually thinking about dusting off Diablo one of these days for a change.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(cardinal @ Mar 1 2010, 03:56 PM)

Thats it your are ignored. I'm not going to waste my time with a person who acts rude to me all the time and acts like a stuck up prick.

In cause you didn't know this is a COD topic not a lets see how rude we can topic.

On another note. If you want to play all the new games your going to need an decent computer.
cardinal
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Mar 1 2010, 05:05 PM)
In cause you didn't know this is a COD topic not a lets see how rude we can topic.

On another note. If you want to play all the new games your going to need an decent computer.

Your grammar is so horrifically bad that I'm not even going to begin to try to comprehend what you just said.

All I can say (from the little I was able to understand from your post) is that I do have a decent computer and that it didn't come at an insane price. I am able to play the new PC games without much trouble and I didn't have to dish out "600 dollars."
metsfan2427
QUOTE(cardinal @ Mar 1 2010, 06:49 PM)
Your grammar is so horrifically bad that I'm not even going to begin to try to comprehend what you just said.

All I can say (from the little I was able to understand from your post) is that I do have a decent computer and that it didn't come at an insane price. I am able to play the new PC games without much trouble and I didn't have to dish out "600 dollars."

Say w/e you want to say.

Hey so my grammar isn't the best but.
I'm not trolling and trying to pick fights on the internet like you are
I love how you turn a Call of Duty topic into a how much can criticize grammar.
Stlouisrams1600
You guys both need to shut up. You guys are extremely annoying bickering back in forth.
cardinal
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:15 PM)
Say w/e you want to say.

Hey so my grammar isn't the best but.
I'm not trolling and trying to pick fights on the internet like you are
I love how you turn a Call of Duty topic into a how much can criticize grammar.

I wasn't going to throw a grammar mention in there and I probably shouldn't have. Regardless, I'm not picking a fight on the internet and I'm not "trolling." You mentioned negative things about WAW which were all console-related problems and I simply said "That's why you play FPS on PC." Why you went on to list false facts as to why you hate PC gaming, I do not know. Then I made an easy counter-argument against your false reasons and you blow up into a tirade.
Bravesfan10
YAY! PC v.s Teh Xbox flame war sorcerer.gif
metsfan2427
Sorry about this o little fight. Shouldn't have happened.
Now lets get back on topic.
metsfan2427
QUOTE(cardinal @ Mar 1 2010, 07:58 PM)
I wasn't going to throw a grammar mention in there and I probably shouldn't have. Regardless, I'm not picking a fight on the internet and I'm not "trolling." You mentioned negative things about WAW which were all console-related problems and I simply said "That's why you play FPS on PC." Why you went on to list false facts as to why you hate PC gaming, I do not know. Then I made an easy counter-argument against your false reasons and you blow up into a tirade.

i don't hate pc gaming.

But from what i have seen. Hacking happens a lot more on the pc than console.

From what i can find a gaming pc thats all pre built and ready to go is going to cost around 600 bucks.
whatwild
QUOTE(metsfan2427 @ Mar 1 2010, 09:06 PM)
i don't hate pc gaming.

But from what i have seen. Hacking happens a lot more on the pc than console.

From what i can find a gaming pc thats all pre built and ready to go is going to cost around 600 bucks.

I agree Hacking happens more often than not on PC, Xbox has its hackers too just look it up on youtube if you feel like wasting time.They have they jumping noobtube games on PC but its a controlled room. Im unsure about playstation but from what ive heard look its not alot.

Anyway,who has the highest KDR or who is the most accurate in shooting.Also what is your fav game mode SND, TDM or other to many to post whats your fav.
My KDR is about 1.49 or something and I have no clue about the other. My fav. is TDM Search and Destroy is ify for me its not like MW 1 .

post yours

O BTW Whatwild is my GT I have played with Tucc on here and thats about it looking for others
Stlouisrams1600
Well back on topic, I officially love Wet Work! I went 22-2 sniping last night too! smile.gif toot.gif
metsfan2427
QUOTE(Stlouisrams1600 @ Mar 2 2010, 06:26 AM)
Well back on topic, I officially love Wet Work! I went 22-2 sniping last night too! smile.gif toot.gif

TDM isn't bad on wet work. But Domination is horrible.
cardinal
QUOTE(whatwild @ Mar 1 2010, 10:13 PM)
I agree Hacking happens more often than not on PC

Anyway,who has the highest KDR or who is the most accurate in shooting.Also what is your fav game mode SND, TDM or other to many to post whats your fav.
My KDR is about 1.49 or something and I have no clue about the other. My fav. is TDM Search and Destroy is ify for me its not like MW 1 .

post yours

laugh.gif laugh.gif Hacking doesn't happen "more often than not" on PC. There aren't more hackers than legit players! I think one of the reasons people hack more on PC is because its so much easier to do on PC than console. (Really the only way to hack on console is to buy a modded turbo controller, or do some kind of glitch which really isn't hacking)

--

My favorite game mode on COD2 was CTF (a.k.a Capture The Flag) and on COD4 my favorite game mode is probably Sabotage.
whatwild
QUOTE(cardinal @ Mar 2 2010, 05:06 PM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif Hacking doesn't happen "more often than not" on PC. There aren't more hackers than legit players! I think one of the reasons people hack more on PC is because its so much easier to do on PC than console. (Really the only way to hack on console is to buy a modded turbo controller, or do some kind of glitch which really isn't hacking)

--

My favorite game mode on COD2 was CTF (a.k.a Capture The Flag) and on COD4 my favorite game mode is probably Sabotage.

Honestly the people that do hack on xbl hook up to a pc to make it happen.
cardinal
QUOTE(whatwild @ Mar 2 2010, 06:47 PM)
Honestly the people that do hack on xbl hook up to a pc to make it happen.

I've never heard of that, but if true, it only further proves my point that there is only more hacking on PC because its much easier to get.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.